IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of when the little girl in Florida was missing (Nadia?) and her bike was found abandoned...many thought for sure she had been abducted, but she had left it there and continued on foot and was found 4-5 days later, still alive, amazingly enough.

I don't know if the mothers are sisters..I'm popping in and out of here. In between Saturday chores.

Lyric Morrisey is 10 and Elizabeth Collins is almost 9. Lyric is the daughter of Mysti Cook Morrisey and Dan Morrisey & Elizabeth is the Daughter of Drew Collins and Heather COOK Collins. You may know Drew and Heather from Johnsons Bakery & Planetary Tree Service. Both Families attend Vineyard Churches and are active in the community.
https://www.facebook.com/events/496061437074360/

I have seen Lyric's age reported as 10,11, and 12. Does anyone know which is correct?

I was told she is 12 but it looks like shes only11. I'll fix the title.

Lyric Morrisey is 10 and Elizabeth Collins is almost 9. Lyric is the daughter of Mysti Cook Morrisey and Dan Morrisey & Elizabeth is the Daughter of Drew Collins and Heather COOK Collins. You may know Drew and Heather from Johnsons Bakery & Planetary Tree Service. Both Families attend Vineyard Churches and are active in the community.
https://www.facebook.com/events/496061437074360/

Thanks.

Wonder why the two girls don't live with their parents ?

I haven't seen any indication that they don't live with their parents but perhaps they stay with Grandma or she babysits them during the summer break when they are off school and the parents are working?

MOO

It is such a shame that 2 children can't go out and ride bikes but the truth is they can't. We live in a world where nobody is safe from old to young with the young being the very most vulnerable.

I haven't seen any indication that they don't live with their parents but perhaps they stay with Grandma or she babysits them during the summer break when they are off school and the parents are working?

MOO

Kamille, Yes, that's what I thought, that this was a summer arrangement... so, was this a chance encounter abduction,or had someone maybe been watching them for a while ?

This sure doesn't look good. I hope that family or police are scouring the girl's facebook contacts, emails and phone contacts to find out if there was an arrangement to meet someone that claimed to be a 12 or 14 year old boy, or maybe just a discussion about what plans they had that day.

Does anyone know the exact location the bikes were found? Could they have been dumped there? How long was the journey from the grandmother's house to there?
How close to water were the bikes? Even if they went for a swim WHY would the purse with the phone (a precious item for young girls) be ON THE OTHER SIDE of the fence?
Can they swim? Do they have a place to go swimming?
This is unlikely behaviour for the girls- I have horrible memory of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman- 2 young girls go missing in a small town on the way to the shop. I hope to God that's not the case here but I'd get that amber alert out and NOW.

Does anyone know the exact location the bikes were found? Could they have been dumped there? How long was the journey from the grandmother's house to there?
How close to water were the bikes? Even if they went for a swim WHY would the purse with the phone (a precious item for young girls) be ON THE OTHER SIDE of the fence?
This is unlikely behaviour for the girls- I have horrible memory of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman- 2 young girls go missing in a small town on the way to the shop. I hope to God that's not the case here but I'd get that amber alert out and NOW.

SE corner of Meyers Lake

map link that Gracelin posted upthread:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...ROstxmFPlhzEoriF-cIDh9w&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

I don't think the criteria for an Amber Alert are met:

1. Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted and entry has been made into the IOWA/NCIC Systems identifying the child as missing.
2. The child is under the age of 18.
3. Law enforcement believes the circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate that the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
4. There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help

http://www.iowaamberalert.org/Criteria/index.html

This sure doesn't look good. I hope that family or police are scouring the girl's facebook contacts, emails and phone contacts to find out if there was an arrangement to meet someone that claimed to be a 12 or 14 year old boy, or maybe just a discussion about what plans they had that day.

I was thinking the same thing otto. Let's hope that cellphone gives some clues as to what the girls were doing or what they were planning on doing so far from home near that lake.

MOO

Here are two different pictures of the girls that have been released. They look quite different - IMO - than they do in the first pictures that the media had. I have no idea which are more recent. Sorry that I don't know how to enlarge them. If the photo on Lyric's FB page is her, her hair is darker in that one as well. Elizabeth is on the left and Lyric is on the right.

19023342_BG2.jpg

photo from:

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

I believe grandma was the summer babysitter.

South east corner of the lake. The only part of the lake really that has some dense trees. It's not a very large are of wooded are but it would be the only place you can to see down into from the highway. There isn't swimming at the lake. They haven't fond the one girls sneakers wich you would think she would have Aiken off if they were going in the water. It could be possible to dump the bikes there, from the neighborhood on that side of the lake, its more wooded and not too far from the road.

At this point there is no amber alert as there's no vehicle or suspect. They're still calling it a missing persons case and said they are not ready yet to call it an abduction though now the parents believe the girls were taken.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48