GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that Boni entered the apartment during the missing days? I could be wrong but I thought she did just leave a note stating that they needed to talk about her moving out. I thought the friends reported the note being on the door when they went to try to find Lauren.

I believe that Boni Bush left the note on the door on Wednesday. I'll have to find the news article that states that.

When Boni Bush entered the apartment of Giddings after not getting an answer upon knocking, why did she unlock the door and enter the apartment instead of just leaving a note on the door?

Excellent post MissingLovedOnes. I'm wondering if the door was unlocked when Ms. Bush went there to check on Lauren. None of the news articles mention this.

Hello to you all.

I have a few questions, but first, I would like to suggest more threads opened with specific topics. This is all running together and no way to find one topic, such as Location Of Body, Dates Of Importance, Theories, Persons Of Interest, etc... We need this asap. I've tried to locate a few tidbits here and it's impossible to go through everything. I apologize if my questions have been asked or answered, but perhaps a specialized thread on specific topics would help me locate the answers quicker, if they are there to be found.

1. If anyone knows, why do all of the runners/Hashers names have a sexual overtone or crude overtone, mostly sexual or indicative of a sex act or a sexual organ on the male/female body? (Lauren's nic in the group was Swamp Douche Barbie. Not sexual, but we all know where a douche is used.) Just wonder why nobody is called Mister Megatron, or Big Braves Fan, etc. The nics seem to indicate that not everyone who enjoys running and beer drinking will fit in. Perhaps you also need to enjoy gettin' freaky with them, too?

Lauren's nic was given to her after her first run with the group, which is tradition. She thought she was running through a shallow stream of water and it was actually deep. Her running friend said she came out soaked and laughing and kept running.

I'll try to find the article.

Tradition.

The fact that she was given such a silly, yet bawdy, name most likely means that she was well-liked and respected by her fellow hashers.

Thanks Plaidmom. I found this regarding the Hashers member names:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

Hash names

-In most chapters, the use of real names during an event is discouraged. Members are typically given a "hash name," usually in deference to a particularly notorious escapade, a personality trait, or their physical appearance. In some chapters the name must be earned - that is, hashers are not named until they've done something outstanding, unusual, or stupid enough to warrant a name. In other chapters the process is more mechanical and hashers are named after completing a certain number of events (5-10 being the most common).

Some chapters focus on "family-friendly" names (for example: Lost My Way); others focus on names filled with innuendo (for example: Salt Lick); and some go out of their way to make the name as bawdy, offensive, or politically incorrect as possible.

Those hashers who have not been named are generally referred to as "Just (Name)", "No Name (Name)" (e.g., "No Name John") or "No Fu*king Hash Name John" (NFHN John).

Hashers are not permitted to give themselves nicknames due to the obvious conflict of interest. Hashers who do so are often renamed by the chapter at the earliest opportunity and with a more offensive name. Similarly, hashers who do get named and don't like their name may end up being renamed by their chapter, the members of whom may strive to give the complaining hasher an even more offensive or inappropriate name. -

Interesting.

If members gave me a name like The Grim Anal Raper or Jack the Vagina Ripper, I would certainly complain and want something else, but if they strive to give the complaining member a more offensive or inappropriate name, what could be more offensive or inappropriate than that?

Excellent post MissingLovedOnes. I'm wondering if the door was unlocked when Ms. Bush went there to check on Lauren. None of the news articles mention this.

I'm not completely sure, but I believe there may have been some discussion on this in an earlier thread...I'm just popping in here briefly now, but will try later to find it and let you know if no one has before then. Anyhow, seems like there was some discussion about her going in, because folks were wondering if SHE might have locked the door after finding it UNLOCKED -- which could explain why the searchers found it locked, if Lauren or perp had not locked it. It was all mostly speculative, I think...

Lauren's nic was given to her after her first run with the group, which is tradition. She thought she was running through a shallow stream of water and it was actually deep. Her running friend said she came out soaked and laughing and kept running.

I'll try to find the article.

Thanks Always, I do recall reading that recollection of her run with friends. My point was really not so much about HOW she got her name, but why they all seem to be sexual in nature or about male or female genitalia in some way. I realize members can like it or leave it, but it just seems all names have a sexual theme in common.

When Boni Bush entered the apartment of Giddings after not getting an answer upon knocking, why did she unlock the door and enter the apartment instead of just leaving a note on the door?

I first thought perhaps she may have thought Lauren already moved out, but that excuse doesn't make any sense considering Lauren's car was most likely right there. The car could not be missed if it was parked there in the front. No possible way for her to not see it. (If she says it was NOT parked there when she visited, that would be most interesting, not to mention giving us another point to ponder, considering it was towed from there on June 30, so I'm going to assume the car was right under Bush's nose when she was at that door.)

The car being there was a clear indication that Lauren had NOT already moved out, and this was BEFORE anyone reported Giddings missing, and as far as we know, it was also before anyone LOOKED for her in a concerned manner. So why did Bush feel it necessary to open that door if she only wanted to discuss Lauren moving out on Friday? Couldn't she have given her a quick call and left her a voicemail message after getting no answer at the door? That seems much more respectful of a tenant's privacy.

Considering Lauren's car was most likely present and clearly visible to Bush, what would have happened if Bush opened the door and Lauren had a visitor and they were not clothed, perhaps in the middle of something? Seems to me that the presence of Lauren's car was a very big reason to NOT open the door. Landlords/apartment managers could really find themselves in quite a predicament, or dead if the tenant has a gun and is startled by someone just opening up their door like that.

To me, it would make more sense to unlock and enter only if the car was NOT there, so I do wonder what her reasoning was and if this was common of Bush as a landlord. If so, I wonder how other tenants reacted when she may have opened up their door after getting no answer. Seems you can't duck and dodge the landlady in this place.

And is it possible that Bush could have opened any door there and accidentally left a key behind, such as next door? Could that explain why SMD said he did not have a skeleton key? Could the landlady have mistakenly left it behind? I think that's something to think about, as well as whether or not she would admit leaving it behind if she did so. I don't know her character, so I cannot possibly know the answer to that.

Great post, thank-you, it made me think.

If BB felt it necessary to go into her tenants apartment (aren't there rules for that), despite LG's car being there, as you pointed out, why didn't she also feel it necessary to call her family and/or friends?

Why did BB leave the note to LG to call her on the outside of the door?

Here is the article that states that Boni Bush went into her apartment on Wednesday. http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html

Thanks for posting! I remember reading this article that was published very late the night that the torso was found but I forgot that little tidbit. I do find it odd that she went into the apartment unless someone had also told her that Lauren could not be gotten in touch with. With Lauren's car being parked in the lot at that time (which we're not 100% sure on) Boni could have expected to just walk in on her or maybe find some sort of horrible scene herself....She said that Lauren had never returned her messages.

I think someone alluded earlier to "maybe the door wasn't locked when Boni entered." That sure could put a whole new spin on this case. The door being locked indicates that Lauren locked it herself, someone that had a key locked it, or someone who found or knew where here "spare" was hidden locked it. If it was not locked at all....it's wide open as to who it could have been. Hopefully Boni would have reported to police whether or not the door was locked when she got there. But she indicates that nothing seemed out of place so if the door had been unlocked, wouldn't she have been more alarmed?

Here is the article that states that Boni Bush went into her apartment on Wednesday. http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html

While reading that article this stood out to me. It contradicts the article that said LG died shortly before June 30th. I've also read posts about the smell around the trash can. This sounds like the torso was not in the freezer. How is it no one smelled anything before the 30th?

“The condition of the body is making positive identification difficult,” he said without elaborating. “We hope to have positive identification” Friday.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html#ixzz1TW5N7CxW

If BB felt it necessary to go into her tenants apartment (aren't there rules for that), despite LG's car being there, as you pointed out, why didn't she also feel it necessary to call her family and/or friends?

She may have thought that Lauren was out with a friend in their car. I'm wondering if her purse, keys, and cell phone were there at the time that Boni went into her apartment. If they weren't there, that would make sense that she wouldn't be concerned. She said that nothing seemed out of place, but that was it.

She may have thought that Lauren was out with a friend in their car. I'm wondering if her purse, keys, and cell phone were there at the time that Boni went into her apartment. If they weren't there, that would make sense that she wouldn't be concerned. She said that nothing seemed out of place, but that was it.

BBM: Very good question, also.

If the person who took Lauren was indeed in the complex or neighborhood, then they must have seen the note on her door, and have known that people were starting to question LG's whereabouts.

I am wondering again about the reports of the cadaver dogs hitting on the neighborhood garbage cans. The fact that the perp possibly put poor Lauren's remains in different cans throughout the neighborhood, indicates that they must have been carrying or possibly driving them right out in the open. Wouldn't it be odd to see someone walking over to a can/bin that wasn't theirs?

Maybe when LG didn't answer the door, Boni just stuck her head in to see if LG was packed and in the process of moving. Boni may have seen LG's car outside and thought that LG had packed some of her things on a truck and was coming back for the car. When she saw that everything looked normal she closed the door and left the note on the outside of the door.

Good point! So, say that this horrible murder never happened....Boni went in to Lauren's apartment while she wasn't there. Boni leaves the note on the outside of the door. The next day Lauren calls Boni and is like "oh hey, sorry, I've been holed up in the library I just haven't had time to call you."

Would Boni have ever admitted that she went into her tenant's apartment without permission or would she let that one slide? A landlord that wasn't afraid to tell her tenant she went inside probably would have left it on her desk or kitchen counter or whatever.

Maybe Stephen is not the only one around that place that likes to go into apartments and peruse while they think the tenant is not there. But this whole thing probably doesn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever.

Maybe when LG didn't answer the door, Boni just stuck her head in to see if LG was packed and in the process of moving. Boni may have seen LG's car outside and thought that LG had packed some of her things on a truck and was coming back for the car. When she saw that everything looked normal she closed the door and left the note on the outside of the door.

That sounds very reasonable. I never even thought of that before, but you're right... BB probably thought that she was in the process of moving, so she probably was curious, and wanted to check and see if she had moved her stuff out yet.

“The condition of the body is making positive identification difficult,” he said without elaborating. “We hope to have positive identification” Friday.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html#ixzz1TW5N7CxW

You know, when I first read this article a few weeks ago, I thought they were indicating that the body was badly decomposed. Now, with the revelation of (I'm paraphrasing) death shortly before the 30th and then I've heard rumblings of the coroner saying that she had not been dead that long...like not since Saturday the 25th. I'm guessing that "condition of the body" meant no hands for fingerprints, no head for visual recognition or dental records, and I guess no distinguishable marks or tattoos. So not necessarily that it was badly decomposing but condition of being dismembered.

Good point! So, say that this horrible murder never happened....Boni went in to Lauren's apartment while she wasn't there. Boni leaves the note on the outside of the door. The next day Lauren calls Boni and is like "oh hey, sorry, I've been holed up in the library I just haven't had time to call you."

Would Boni have ever admitted that she went into her tenant's apartment without permission or would she let that one slide? A landlord that wasn't afraid to tell her tenant she went inside probably would have left it on her desk or kitchen counter or whatever.

Maybe Stephen is not the only one around that place that likes to go into apartments and peruse while they think the tenant is not there. But this whole thing probably doesn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever.

Maybe this is why she felt comfortable enough to enter her apartment?

"You know it would be nice to have some time to grieve instead of having to be involved in the horror of the investigation,but I'll get my time, I will. I mean Lauren and I knew each other, she wasn't a business person [as a tenant], she was my friend," says Boni Bush, owner of the apartment complex.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Baconsfield-Plaza-Searched-With-Dooly-Sheriffs-Office-K-9-Dogs-125214739.html

That’s because authorities found Giddings’ torso stuffed in one of those residential trash bins with wheels on it -- down a stairway mere feet from her front door -- about 9 a.m. on June 30, a couple of hours, and maybe not even that long, before a private company shows up to empty the bins.
I have been thinking about the rolling trash can. I've always been bothered by the fact that chances are if not for the "odor", that can would never have been looked at closely. If the remains were kept in the refrigerator, how long would it take for the odor to get to the level that respirators were needed?

When would he have potentially, placed the remains in the trash can? Was that why he joined her friends that night, nervous? If the odor was so strong at 10 AM, why didn't the friends smell something that night?

Is there a chance the "rolling trash can" was somewhere else and brought within feet of Lauren's door that morning?

You know, when I first read this article a few weeks ago, I thought they were indicating that the body was badly decomposed. Now, with the revelation of (I'm paraphrasing) death shortly before the 30th and then I've heard rumblings of the coroner saying that she had not been dead that long...like not since Saturday the 25th. I'm guessing that "condition of the body" meant no hands for fingerprints, no head for visual recognition or dental records, and I guess no distinguishable marks or tattoos. So not necessarily that it was badly decomposing but condition of being dismembered.

That makes sense. I had not heard that the coroner said that. It's just hard for me to understand how SM could have held a 6ft athletic woman captive for days, killed and dismembered her and not left loads of evidence. It also goes against LG's mom saying, from what she had been told, "LG didn't know what hit her". There is also the rumor that neighbors trash cans had been used in the preceding days.

I know we don't know that SM didn't leave loads of evidence, but I think we would have heard more if that were the case. One article said LE checked the pipes from the apartments all the way to the river. If there was plenty of evidence in the apartment that would not have been necessary. I guess it's possible he used a stun gun or drugged her and tied her up. Then went to (home depot?? or wherever the video of him is) bought lots of plastic and set up a "Dexter" type kill room. That horrible just to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993