GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givesmetheshivers pointed this out to me, and I hadn't thought of it at all, but is there any chance that they would wait for all the evidence they could get to come back from the FBI in order to use as leverage to get McDaniel to confess, cop a plea in exchange for telling them where the rest of the remains are? Any of our kind lawyers want to tell me if that's possible?

I've been mulling this around too.

Colonel Mustard is a verified Attorney, hopefully he will speak to this theory.

It's a sticking point for me too. Just seems so risky to store a body when you don't know when or if the tenant will be back. Even if McD had specific knowledge that this person was not going to be back for a week, plans change. The guy could pop in at any moment, not to mention BB. She entered Lauren's apartment, odds are she could enter that one as well.

Knox,
I am not sure HOW he knew that the tenant was gone for an extended time. I am working on the premise that he knew, otherwise he would never have used that frig for crime storage.
Some possibilities of how McD knew about the vacant apt:
he could have spoken to the tenant at school or talked with the tenant in the parking lot while the tenant was in the process of moving out or found out through Ms Spencer, or even BB.

As for the landlord, BB - the tenant had definitely not completely moved out since BB was there for the tenants final move out. So I do not think that the landlord was a threat to McD's plan.

Bottom line, if it turns out that evidence shows that the refrigerator has Lauren's DNA inside it or any other evidence incriminating McD, then we KNOW he KNEW the apt was empty at least for a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
Givesmetheshivers pointed this out to me, and I hadn't thought of it at all, but is there any chance that they would wait for all the evidence they could get to come back from the FBI in order to use as leverage to get McDaniel to confess, cop a plea in exchange for telling them where the rest of the remains are? Any of our kind lawyers want to tell me if that's possible?

I've been mulling this around too.

Colonel Mustard is a verified Attorney, hopefully he will speak to this theory.

I am not an attorney - but the thought and possibility did cross my mind. McD could cut a deal. He would have huge bargaining power in my opinion.

The biggest problem with the downstairs refrigerator is that is has been reported the residents of that apartment were moving out the week LG was missing, and mostly done when the body was found. That would mean they were in and out of that apartment during the week the body is supposed to be in the refrigerator. Do you think they just overlooked it? Or maybe they were involved? Or maybe the body wasn't there?

If anyone can find a report verifying the residents of the downstairs apartment were not in that apartment during the week LG was missing, I would love to see it. I have only found reports they were moving out items the week she was missing.

Thanks Midstatemind for your thoughtful points.
Point 1
Rethinking my post on the time of moving the torso from the frig to the trashcan- rather than late Wed night -
You are suggesting it could have been Mon or Tues night?
Couple of facts come to mind: the coroner stated something like the body appeared to not have been dead very long. Which indicates to me that Lauren was killed later OR the torso was in the frig and not outside for very long.
So I was going on the latest possible hour that McD could have removed the body from the frig, put it in the trash, and it still develop a smell. I figured the heat and plastic contributed to the odor. However, due to the trash pick up irregularity he could have put the torso in the trash much earlier. Mon or Tues? So when did he use the frig? Sunday? Or maybe he kept the body parts in the frig before disposing of the body[/I]

snipped for focus

I really don't have a suggestion as to timing except that if he was holding the torso for trash pick-up, he might have been thinking heavily about exactly what time the truck would come by. If it didn't come by when he expected, there could have been a snag in the plan. Now, much more dangerous to remove the body from the can than to just leave it. Those big, green roller bins do seem to contain smells/messes well, so I'd almost think that the body could have been there for a bit. I've spoken to the city in frustration about our trash not being picked up in a timely manner---they've consistently cited the backlog from the storm. Even though downtown was not the most hard hit of these spring events, the city limits extend well into North Macon. If it is true that city workers are consumed with catching up on their work, it's conceivable to me that they might be running behind. As always, JMO...

I have an informal poll.

Based on what we "know" so far:

Click "thanks" on this post if you would have no issue with SM being released from jail on Thursday.

I have an informal poll.

Click "thanks" on this post if you would have no issue with SM being released from jail on Thursday.

Are you talking only about the facts? It might make a big difference if you are sticking to the facts only.

I have an informal poll.

I very interesting question...
I'd think I'd rather see him stay there, but not because I think he would be a danger to society or even a flight risk.
Under the circumstances, he could be a danger to himself, and I'd rather see him stand trial or admit the crime
and possibly disclose the location of the other parts.

I very interesting question...
I'd think I'd rather see him stay there, but not because I think he would be a danger to society or even a flight risk. Under the circumstances, he could be a danger to himself.

I mentioned that earlier. I am afraid he might hurt himself, too. Not an uncommon thing to happen. Sadly, I see it several times a week. Some more fatal than others. If he should die, he will be guilty in the eyes of so many people that I wouldn't be surprised if the police to stop investigating. Then, we would be stuck with no real answers.

Back to my earlier question, has anyone found any reports regarding the downstairs neighbors not being in and out of that apartment? I have seen many assume they were not there during that time, but the only official news report about the time frame stated the residents of the apartment were moving out during the week she was missing and were mostly moved when the body was found.

If they were still in that apartment, even if only to move items out and clean, then what does that mean? And how does it impact the fact that the refrigerator was removed from the apartment?

This case could blow wide open this week.

Let's face it, either SM is the perp or he isn't. There are many things that "seem", to me, to indicate he's the perpetrator. On the other hand, why no arrest? Circumstantial evidence? A brilliant mind with attention to details? The fact is, I just don't know.

A heinous crime was committed on a young woman who was on the cusp of everything wonderful. She just graduated from law school. She just graduated from law school. By all accounts, Lauren Giddings did everything right in life. She had a beautiful life, and it was stolen from her.

Lauren Giddings deserves the very justice that she so believed in.

I hope so very badly that she gets it. :(

My point exactly. This is just one of the stories that mentions they still had items IN that apartment. And several mention that the resident was moving items out the week she was missing.

Why would this person NOT be a POI? And being "creeped out" be faking it? Simply because we have not been provided a face or a name to that person? We know several POIs have been in the mind of LE, so why wouldn't this person be included? After all, if they took HIS refrigerator and he was still moving out while she was missing, shouldn't that make him automatically one?

Maybe he's not a POI because he has an alibi for the whole week. It said he's from Dublin so maybe he'd been with his parents there the whole time. I'm sure he's been questioned about his whereabouts.

Or maybe he is a person of interest! We really have no way of knowing who is and who isn't.

The biggest problem with the downstairs refrigerator is that is has been reported the residents of that apartment were moving out the week LG was missing, and mostly done when the body was found. That would mean they were in and out of that apartment during the week the body is supposed to be in the refrigerator. Do you think they just overlooked it? Or maybe they were involved? Or maybe the body wasn't there?

If anyone can find a report verifying the residents of the downstairs apartment were not in that apartment during the week LG was missing, I would love to see it. I have only found reports they were moving out items the week she was missing.

In that article I linked to earlier, BB made it sound like the tenant had most of his belongings out prior to Lauren's disappearance. Then returned after her body was discovered to collect the remaining items. The article does not say the person came and went in the interim period, nor does it say he didn't.

It's a moot point really until we learn more details from the investigation. They took the fridge, perhaps on a hunch and nothing more, who knows?

Maybe he's not a POI because he has an alibi for the whole week. It said he's from Dublin so maybe he'd been with his parents there the whole time. I'm sure he's been questioned about his whereabouts.

Or maybe he is a person of interest! We really have no way of knowing who is and who isn't.

Thank you for providing some support to my thoughts here. We don't know. We have no proof this person was in and out of the apartment during that week. We do have a news report indicating this person was moving out during the week LG was missing and was mostly finished when the body was found. That leans more towards sounding like the resident was at the apartment during the week, if not fully, at least part of the time. We need to keep that in mind while considering possibilities.

I hope it does blow apart this week. I am ready to hear one way or the other regarding SM. Tell us you have him nailed down as the perp, or tell us you have nothing on him. Either way, I am ready to know. I am not opposed to him being the perp, I am opposed to condemning based on feelings, not facts.

I'm still a bit confused about how physical evidence from a crime is detected, removed, and analyzed. I'll give a specific example. The traps and some pipes were removed from SM's apartment and sent to the FBI to be analyzed. Did LE first verify on scene that there was blood, etc in the trap and pipes before they removed them? Or did they remove them because there might be blood, etc in them? The answer to this question would help me clarify to myself why SM may still be in jail. If LE could verify on scene that there was evidence in the trap and pipes, I could see LE holding SM for a legitimate reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike