GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

I cried for Ethan this morning when my 4 year old came to me and said her foot hurt. I looked at it and she had a tiny splinter. I tried to get it out but she was crying so hard (because she was afraid it was going to hurt) so I eventually stopped and put some ointment on it. I could barely stand her crying and it made me think of everything poor little Ethan had to go through. If something that small to a 4 year old is so scary, I can't even fathom the fear he had in his eyes and he held in his heart while those 2 monsters did what they did. :(

I do the same thing, I saw my 5 year old son had fallen asleep on the couch, in the same position that Ethan did in the pop tart picture. I started bawling because it was so sweet in one aspect and so sad that Ethan never knew that kinda love from those two monsters. Then I tear up again the next day when my son saw a yellow camaro and yelled Bumblebee!

Ethan will never be alone, because in my mind, when my son does something I think of little Ethan and how he has made me so much more aware of the little things my kids do. Plus Ethan is up their with my Grandfather so he has someone to show him around and teach him how to catfish. =)

I cried for Ethan this morning when my 4 year old came to me and said her foot hurt. I looked at it and she had a tiny splinter. I tried to get it out but she was crying so hard (because she was afraid it was going to hurt) so I eventually stopped and put some ointment on it. I could barely stand her crying and it made me think of everything poor little Ethan had to go through. If something that small to a 4 year old is so scary, I can't even fathom the fear he had in his eyes and he held in his heart while those 2 monsters did what they did. :(

That's what tears me apart.

My little 4 year old grandson reached up as my daughter was opening the car door, and the handle slipped and smacked him right on the base of the nail; it just looked bruised at first but after he went to bed he started thrashing about and I was horrified to see the end of his finger and nail bed swollen and red and infected... he crawled into my lap and asked me to rock him while my daughter called the doc's nurse line. So we spent all night in the ER, which of course HE thought was a great adventure. He was flirting with the nurses, charming everyone in sight, and generally just eating up all the attention. WE, on the other hand, were total wrecks lol.

So to purposely cause a child such pain and terror? How can anyone do such a thing? And to such a horrifying extent?

I do the same thing, I saw my 5 year old son had fallen asleep on the couch, in the same position that Ethan did in the pop tart picture. I started bawling because it was so sweet in one aspect and so sad that Ethan never knew that kinda love from those two monsters. Then I tear up again the next day when my son saw a yellow camaro and yelled Bumblebee!

Ethan will never be alone, because in my mind, when my son does something I think of little Ethan and how he has made me so much more aware of the little things my kids do. Plus Ethan is up their with my Grandfather so he has someone to show him around and teach him how to catfish. =)

I look at my grandson and wish my Mom had lived to know him; he would have been her world. Ethan looks and acts so much like our little guy, it's a comfort to know Mom is up there just lovin' on him. And cookin' the catfish ;)

Thank you all for understanding what I was trying to say yesterday. I can't talk about this or other cases with anyone else either. I don't want to cause them the pain ...or some people just don't want to hear it. My husband says it is a natural defense to remove yourself from events like this. But to me, distancing yourself from the truth is just a lie. And it doesn't honor the people who needed our help. I care. And I will always care. I came to this forum for Lindsey Baum and I stay here for her and everyone else who needs people to CARE.

Thank you all for understanding what I was trying to say yesterday. I can't talk about this or other cases with anyone else either. I don't want to cause them the pain ...or some people just don't want to hear it. My husband says it is a natural defense to remove yourself from events like this. But to me, distancing yourself from the truth is just a lie. And it doesn't honor the people who needed our help. I care. And I will always care. I came to this forum for Lindsey Baum and I stay here for her and everyone else who needs people to CARE.

Amen...

In Remembrance of Ethan Stacy​

28377_1386318672116_1656531740_930570_1971878_n.jpg

3 Blankets down so many more to come ♥ made with love in Honor of Ethan​

28377_1385772778469_1656531740_929407_607451_n.jpg

Our 1st perfectly imperfect Blanket for the Ethan Stacy Blanket Project. made with so much love & laughter ♥ Ethan we love you !​

32081_429105111494_612871494_5571718_5445812_n.jpg

Hey Little Guy, another perfect rose for you in the garden this morning.​

32081_427854011494_612871494_5532829_4129325_n.jpg

Was just in my yard a few minutes ago and I came across the most perfect miniature white rose. Ethan, this rose is for you - we love you little guy and will always, always remember you. God Bless!​

29331_429581136494_612871494_5590436_6361403_n.jpg

Another day and another beautiful rose for little Ethan...​

I think we understand exactly where you're coming from. And I think your husband is right, I tried to remove myself, but couldn't do it.

I know, as little Ethan's story unfolds and more information comes out about his last days, there will be no comfort here except from one another. At the very least, it let's us know that there are good people out there who DO care - no matter how much it hurts.

I ran across this post and I can't help but wonder if it was written by Stephanie. Maybe or Maybe not. It's at this link:

• www.abortiontv.com/Archive/Archive209.htm

It was written in November of 2005, a couple of months after Ethan was born. Here is what it says ( I copied and pasted it):

It's really funny to me that men keep pushing for control over women's rights and bodies. Give it up already. Once YOU are faced with the horrific ordeal of having to carry a FETUS for 9 months, then you can ramble on and on about what a blessing it is. You people bash others for facts, and yet you're distorting the truth yourselves in order to gain momentum for your own movement. I thought this was a free country, which means women should have the freedom to choose what happens with their bodies. Men are NEVER faced with a dilemma such as pregnancy, and therefore should never tell a woman what do to, period. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the way you pro-life creeps thrust your misogynistic opinions upon the rest of us is sickening! I thought your god told you kids not to judge others, and yet here you are. I'm hope She is as disappointed as the rest of us.

LOVE,
Stephanie Croft

I don't think the above post was written by the same Stephanie. First, Stephanie was a Stacy, not a Croft when Ethan was born, plus there are 63 people listed at Veromi with the name Stephanie Croft. I also think there are words used in the above post that were beyond SS's vocabulary.

JMO

Welcome to WS Justice57!

I am posting this info for those interested in attending the hearing tomorrow. I will be there.
ROTATION JUDGE June 04, 2010
Central Calendar Friday
01:00 PM ROLL CALL LAY 101700899 State Felony
STATE OF UTAH ATTY:
...VS.
SLOOP, NATHANAEL WARREN (Bail Set at $ .00)ATTY: UTZINGER, TODD A
OTN: 35164847 DOB: 12/07/1978
ROLL CALL LAY 101700900 State Felony
STATE OF UTAH ATTY:
VS.
SLOOP, STEPHANIE CHRISTINA (Bail Set at $ .00)ATTY: GEORGE, JULIE
AKA CROFT, STEPHANIE CHRISTINE
AKA STACY, STEPHANIE CHRISTINE
OTN: 35164870 DOB: 01/21/1983

I know, as little Ethan's story unfolds and more information comes out about his last days, there will be no comfort here except from one another. At the very least, it let's us know that there are good people out there who DO care - no matter how much it hurts.

Take comfort in knowing that even though the story unfolds for us, it isn't unfolding for Ethan. He is not suffering in that room anymore. He is free and safe.

Take comfort in knowing that even though the story unfolds for us, it isn't unfolding for Ethan. He is not suffering in that room anymore. He is free and safe.

Yes, he is free and safe now...never to be hurt again.

I am posting this info for those interested in attending the hearing tomorrow. I will be there.
ROTATION JUDGE June 04, 2010
Central Calendar Friday
01:00 PM ROLL CALL LAY 101700899 State Felony
STATE OF UTAH ATTY:
...VS.
SLOOP, NATHANAEL WARREN (Bail Set at $ .00)ATTY: UTZINGER, TODD A
OTN: 35164847 DOB: 12/07/1978
ROLL CALL LAY 101700900 State Felony
STATE OF UTAH ATTY:
VS.
SLOOP, STEPHANIE CHRISTINA (Bail Set at $ .00)ATTY: GEORGE, JULIE
AKA CROFT, STEPHANIE CHRISTINE
AKA STACY, STEPHANIE CHRISTINE
OTN: 35164870 DOB: 01/21/1983

Please post your impressions of the hearing for those of us who can't attend. First hand accounts always have a different slant than the media.

I know and you're right and I understand ... but dammit he was safe before !!!

Sorry. This just makes so angry and sad all at once.

OH, ITA, absolutely...what makes me even angrier...is there are probably more Ethan's out there...who aren't safe now.

But I go crazy if I focus too much...I cry hard...he reminds my of my 4th, Jonathan, who is 20. I just want to scoop him up and hold him...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11035828

FARMINGTON -- The mother and stepfather accused of killing 4-year-old Ethan Stacy are expected to return to court Friday.

Davis County prosecutors formally charged Nathan and Stephanie Sloop last Friday in 2nd District Court with aggravated murder, child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings told the judge he plans to seek the death penalty. Friday afternoon the Sloops will be appointed new attorneys who are qualified to handle capital murder cases.

Yes. It is incredibly unbearable to know that Ethan could be alive and well with his dad and family. My anger could know no limit. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back