Detective Melich and Websleuths in The News

I would have to say if you are a city or state employee you must keep you self in check. You should not be posting or blogging about a case you are involved in. Your personal feelings should be kept with in your own family or sometimes just to yourself. This again is just my opinion.

So you are saying that he is not allowed to talk publicaly about his broken leg?

Yuri didn't share his personal opinions though. He talked about himself, and asked for prayers for the family. When is a prayer wrong in any case from any human being?
Yuri kept himself in check! He didn't discuss the case other than saying that he could not discuss the case.

He completely kept it in check. He did nothing wrong.

I would have to say if you are a city or state employee you must keep you self in check. You should not be posting or blogging about a case you are involved in. Your personal feelings should be kept with in your own family or sometimes just to yourself. This again is just my opinion.

Not all civil servants, city, or state employees are involved with law enforcement. If you are referring to only law enforcement personnel you should state that. After all, I love that our tax collectors, sanitation workers, firemen, school bus drivers, teachers, etc, etc, etc can post on any forum they wish.

I am going to weigh in on whether it is okay for a detective involved in a case to post on a forum for that case.

As long as they don't post anything directly related to the case, I don't see the problem. While it is true that they are not supposed to talk about an active case, this applies to friends and family, as well as posting with strangers.

Should they not be able to go home and talk to their family and/or friends because they are working on a case as long as they don't talk about the case?

Well, I guess if that is the case, then all LE should now be required to not be married or have friends.

Officers know what they can and can not talk about during an active case. YM did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. He knew the rules and he did not break them.

Someone just got their panties in a wad because they know their case was in the crapper before it ever got off the ground. IMO of course.

Hmmm, maybe the family and attorney should focus on....let's see....ummm....

....finding C A Y L E E:waitasec:

Once again they show us all.:clown::clown::clown::clown:

IMO

I wish our posters wouldn't leave messages on the story. It will only serve to bring more attention to it and is what MN wants by stirring the pot. It won't do anything for WS or OCSO. It is easy to be drawn into something like this, but truthfully...we should let it go. We don't need to give them more attention to continue on with this nonsense.
:clap:

So can we take it as "Eyewitness News" is here too!!??

Obviously they aren't here or too many other places either. If they were they would have some idea about the differences between "blogging" and "posting" to a forum.

They are definately behind the times.

So you are saying that he is not allowed to talk publicaly about his broken leg?

I am not saying that at all. I think that if you read my post you can read and see where I am coming from. Please re read my post. You are entitled to your own opinion and that is just great. This is America and that is your right. But if you are on a case you under no circumstance post anything about anything. This again is just my opinion.

I wish our posters wouldn't leave messages on the story. It will only serve to bring more attention to it and is what MN wants by stirring the pot. It won't do anything for WS or OCSO. It is easy to be drawn into something like this, but truthfully...we should let it go. We don't need to give them more attention to continue on with this nonsense.

You are right. I posted and now I feel bad. All I can say in my defense is that I got mad and did not think first.

Nuff said. Some people don't think public employees should have the ability to blog about the sun, moon and clouds. Whatever. They can call thier congressperson.

There was a county employee in Tampa fired for appearing/doing a stunt on a radio show on his personal time. He was a landscaper. I didn't know he worked for the county until they fired him, so he wasn't announcing that info. Still got fired.

I am going to weigh in on whether it is okay for a detective involved in a case to post on a forum for that case.

As long as they don't post anything directly related to the case, I don't see the problem. While it is true that they are not supposed to talk about an active case, this applies to friends and family, as well as posting with strangers.

Should they not be able to go home and talk to their family and/or friends because they are working on a case as long as they don't talk about the case?

Well, I guess if that is the case, then all LE should now be required to not be married or have friends.

Officers know what they can and can not talk about during an active case. YM did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. He knew the rules and he did not break them.

Someone just got their panties in a wad because they know their case was in the crapper before it ever got off the ground. IMO of course.

:clap:

Hmmm, maybe the family and attorney should focus on....let's see....ummm....

....finding C A Y L E E:waitasec:

Once again they show us all.:clown::clown::clown::clown:

IMO

LOL, I agree. But that is why they are trying distractions. Anything to take the focus off of finding Caylee and putting their daughter on trial.

I'm sure Yuri was checked out by all...otherwise he wouldn't have been here. I haven't heard anything to the contrary...anyone?

what I was trying to say (sorry about my jumbling), is that if he were on here, the defense could decide to subpoena the threads to see what he was saying and to show it in court, and could also subpoena any responses or posts that were sent to him, and state that he is "muddying and leaking information" on the case. I don't doubt that he was on here.

? Are you a state or city employee that is involved with this case? And if you are you should not be on this board. This is just my opinion.
No, I'm not involved with the case, but my point is I've never discussed anything connected to my work and as far as I've seen neither has Yuri.

I know he didnt post evidence, but it still looks unethical. Perhaps he should not have let people know who he was..

I think it was more ethical for him to say who he was and why he would not talk about the case than pretend to be someone else!:waitasec:

Thank you!

what I was trying to say (sorry about my jumbling), is that if he were on here, the defense could decide to subpoena the threads to see what he was saying and to show it in court, and could also subpoena any responses or posts that were sent to him, and state that he is "muddying and leaking information" on the case. I don't doubt that he was on here.
Gotcha...nothing to find IMO. Can we still have a fan club? LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back