Detective Melich and Websleuths in The News

The news also used the phrase "told him to stop". Big difference between "reprimand" and "told to stop". Personally, I'd like to know which it was.

The news article also used the terms "blog" and "blogger" in reference to WS and its posters. WS is a "message board" or "forums", not a blog. People who post on message boards are not bloggers... unless they blog elsewhere.

The news article also used the phrases "he saw a lot of flattering stuff", and "bosses" rather than "superiors". Ugh. Get a thesaurus. Take a writing course. Nowutimean?

There are no quotes from OCSO, no references to the article's author having spoken with them at all. Not even a single "sources close to".

The whole thing reads more like a tabloid piece written by a high schooler than a professional news article. But then, I'm picky, and notice such things more than most.

MOO.

Good post, Themis.

Boy, Todd Black's press releases must drive you up a wall then! (sorry, OT, I know :)

A change of venue is no big deal in a court case. It is also possible for someone who feels strongly as to guilt to keep an open mind and see what is provided during a trial. If Scott Peterson could get a fair trial, Casey Anthony can also.

Plealse don't forget that the Anthony family and Baez and his mouthpiece PR company have done as much to propagandize this case in the news as anyone else has. All of them are just a little too eager to jump into the camera range. I have heard more from the defense side than the prosecution side. Most people just don't believe that the defense or the Anthonys are capable of telling the truth.

Personally, I can't wait to see the script that the invisible nanny gave to Casey (and written by Baez and Cindy). It's gonna be sumpin.

It's not like the media hasn't given the defense equal coverage. It's that they can't shut up and are caught in so many lies. moo

It's like that saying, "when do you know Cindy is lying?" Answer: every time she opens her mouth.

You are right SS. She clearly doesn't think there is anything wrong with lying.

Remember that interview early on:
When asked about allegations that her daughter is a compulsive liar, she nodded and said that "lying isn't a criminal offense."

I've got news for Cindy - it is a criminal offense if it's done under oath and she and Casey have done tons of that.

The news also used the phrase "told him to stop". Big difference between "reprimand" and "told to stop". Personally, I'd like to know which it was.

The news article also used the terms "blog" and "blogger" in reference to WS and its posters. WS is a "message board" or "forums", not a blog. People who post on message boards are not bloggers... unless they blog elsewhere.

The news article also used the phrases "he saw a lot of flattering stuff", and "bosses" rather than "superiors". Ugh. Get a thesaurus. Take a writing course. Nowutimean?

There are no quotes from OCSO, no references to the article's author having spoken with them at all. Not even a single "sources close to".

The whole thing reads more like a tabloid piece written by a high schooler than a professional news article. But then, I'm picky, and notice such things more than most.

MOO.

Good post, Themis.

Remember this rumor came up before the Grand Jury and it was claimed that YM was removed from the case? It turned out to be a lie, so I seriously dobt this has any merit either. REmember the tattler was Nejame.

It's technically a blog and not a media source, but a Board Certified Dallas Criminal Defense Attorney mentioned Websleuths right along with People Magazine and Nancy Grace today in his discussion on Jose Baez hugging Casey Anthony

http://dallaslawyer.blogspot.com/2008/11/crime-news-jose-baez-has-tough-job-as.html

My goodness.....we sure are getting around in all the right ways these days!

"On the web, the Websleuths site has dedicated an entire forum with numerous, active threads specifically dealing with the Caylee Anthony disappearance. The Websleuth forums have heavy traffic 24/7."

:clap: :woohoo: :clap:

Truth will prevail. Carry on, SuperRat!:clap:

Thank you! I only try to just slide in here if no one else has already posted my thoughts.....sometimes though I guess that it just has to be The Rat to say certain things!

Thank you! I only try to just slide in here if no one else has already posted my thoughts.....sometimes though I guess that it just has to be The Rat to say certain things!

I love ya Rat. Just like a sister :)

Ok BenE wrote:

If I had a billion dollars and I had to bet on one or the other, I would say, without question, Yuri was told to "stop" and there was no "reprimand."

Like another poster brought up, the big rumor was he was removed from the case because he posted here. Not even close to the truth.

He was told to "stop it" and that's it. In My Opinion anyway.

I find it hard to believe he was told to stop or reprimanded, because by the time this was reported it was a moot point, he stopped posting the day he returned to work. He stopped by to say bye, headed back to work, won't have time to come by.

Too bad OCSD didn't keep this as close to the vest as they do other things, if my employer had a complaint about something I did on my own time and aired it on the news
I wouldn't be a happy camper. It really makes me think, due to lawyers being involved, Det M's boss told him 'we have to address this publicly, these are our choices to make it go away quickest and easiest'.

Does anyone really think anything said here can sway KC's chances to get a fair trial? Or would influence OCSD? Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't.

The thing that Det Yuri never failed, was to remind people to pray for the A's. Do the A's ask for prayers for any of the people who have worked so hard for Caylee?

I find it hard to believe he was told to stop or reprimanded, because by the time this was reported it was a moot point, he stopped posting the day he returned to work. He stopped by to say bye, headed back to work, won't have time to come by.

Too bad OCSD didn't keep this as close to the vest as they do other things, if my employer had a complaint about something I did on my own time and aired it on the news
I wouldn't be a happy camper. It really makes me think, due to lawyers being involved, Det M's boss told him 'we have to address this publicly, these are our choices to make it go away quickest and easiest'.

Does anyone really think anything said here can sway KC's chances to get a fair trial? Or would influence OCSD? Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't.

The thing that Det Yuri never failed, was to remind people to pray for the A's. Do the A's ask for prayers for any of the people who have worked so hard for Caylee?

Yes he did, and that spoke volumes to me about the character and heart of YM. I was also very impressed with his demeanor while on the stand at the bond hearing. He is someone I would like to emulate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back