Heath Ledger has been found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in absolute shock, I cannot believe this.

His new movie Dark Knight it just about to be released.

GOBSMACKED.

I read that The Dark Knight is in post-production and usually they need to bring back the actors to record additional dialogue. Reminds me of the time Brandon Lee was killed during the production of The Crow and how they had to resort to CGI and doubles to finish certain scenes. Heath's other flick, "the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" will probably need to be recast or abandoned entirely (such is the Terry Gilliam curse).

I read that The Dark Knight is in post-production and usually they need to bring back the actors to record additional dialogue. Reminds me of the time Brandon Lee was killed during the production of The Crow and how they had to resort to CGI and doubles to finish certain scenes. Heath's other flick, "the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" will probably need to be recast or abandoned entirely (such is the Terry Gilliam curse).
When River Phoenix died he too was making a movie and they had to recast his part with Christian Slater.

This shocks me - after what happened to his brother I would think drugs would be the last thing he would ever do.

What happened to his brother??? Same thing? How terrible for their parents. :(

Thanks for your input. So sad. I did see a photo of Heath and Joaquin together on one of the sites (TMZ?). Do you think that they are drug buddies? You would think that Joaquin would have learned from his own brother's tragic death.

Defamer.com is reporting a possible suicide.

I have a feeling the Phoenix boys are/were attempting to kill a lot of pain with their drug use. The were brought up in "The Family," and that has messed up a lot of people. :(

This is absolutely tragic and such a waste. I am very upset about this...this isn't your usual celebrity death at all. When I was 14, an actress I liked a lot was murdered (actress Dominique Dunne from "Poltergeist") and then when I was 21, Rebecca Schaeffer, another favorite of mine, was also murdered. Those two deaths stayed with me for a long time....this one will affect my daughter in the same way...he was an idol of hers.
Both of them were great. They both have stuck with me as well, They were a bit older then me but I remember them very well.

Just in.

It is NOT the apartment of Mary Kate. They have an apartment in the same building.

Both of them were great. They both have stuck with me as well, They were a bit older then me but I remember them very well.

Yes, Dominique was 22, so she was quite a bit older than me but she played teenage roles in episodic television, and then for her big break in "Poltergeist"...her father is Dominick Dunne, the writer/crime show host....Rebecca was just my age at the time, 21. Both would have been huge stars, had they lived.

Heath would have become legendary. :(

Yes, Dominique was 22, so she was quite a bit older than me but she played teenage roles in episodic television, and then for her big break in "Poltergeist"...her father is Dominick Dunne, the writer/crime show host....Rebecca was just my age at the time, 21. Both would have been huge stars, had they lived.

Heath would have become legendary. :(
Yes I agree. I really like Dominick, I watch his shows.

Jake G from Brokeback is Heath's baby's godfather I believe.

Just an interesting fact....

Per live feed, Baracades have gone up so many people there. Body has not been removed yet. Only gurney has gone in. Paps on ladders and anything they can climb up on. Heath on 4th floor.

Per live feed, Baracades have gone up so many people there. Body has not been removed yet. Only gurney has gone in. Paps on ladders and anything they can climb up on. Heath on 4th floor.
Isnt that pathetic that they have to go to that extreme. Gosh, where is the respect for a man who is dead. Very sad.

What a shame. My daughters and I have watched a Knight's Tale, many times. Heath was a brilliant actor. As far as his acting career, the best was yet to come.
Now that is not to be.
Rest in peace.

CNN, what a bunch of retards. They are like "was it his role of the Joker that pushed him over the edge?"
I'm sorry, but I think the role of ENNIS would have been the role that caused him to have to push some traditional boundaries... not the joker there people!!!!! I do NOT think that this role pushed him over the edge? What are they thinking!!!!!
Oh, and they are like saying that even though they were OTC he could have OD'd on the pills... Drew Pinksy is saying they could have had Tylenol in them, ect. Tylenol OD'ing doesn't kill "just" you like that, and neither do the common OTC sedatives. It at least takes a couple hours, you know? This is retarded. Something else happened or it was some other kind of overdose.

My guess? Recreational drug use leading to an accidental OD OR, more likely - I think this was a natural cause of death.

from a ny times article: link
“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he [heath ledger] said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Known as a consummate professional, I doubt he would purposely throw two productions into chaos: The Dark Knight (which is in post-production) and the new Terry Gilliam flick (which has been filming for a few weeks). I suspect it was an accidental overdose.

That's a very interesting article. Thank you for posting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard