Heath Ledger has been found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? So they shoot, snort, smoke and while doing so they say "Please let me become an addict!?!"

My father was an addict his vice was gambling, by the time he realized he was an addict it was too late..Ended up a contributing factor to him taking his own life....But he asked for it? BS.

Sooo many people experiment ONE time and get HOOKED. I doubt the 16 year old girl, nor the 40 year old exec that tries something and gets hooked sits down to experiment w the hope that they will become an addict.

What about prescription drugs? DOCTORS prescribe them, people become addicted. I doubt they are going to their dr and saying "Hey Doc, I think today I'm going to become an addict, whatcha got for me....

I said "as this relates to cocaine and heroine". And despite all you that which you added, I stick by what I said, if someone is snorting, smoking, shooting COCAINE OR HEROINE, yes, they are asking to become an addict. Which you backed up with your statement, "sooo many people experiment ONE time and get HOOKED". No kidding.

I said "as this relates to cocaine and heroine". And despite all you that which you added, I stick by what I said, if someone is snorting, smoking, shooting COCAINE OR HEROINE, yes, they are asking to become an addict. Which you backed up with your statement, "sooo many people experiment ONE time and get HOOKED". No kidding.

Hmm example - joints purchased laced unknowingly by the person smoking them w/ either of the above...how does that relate?

after all they are smoking it correct?

"no kidding" hmmm sarcasm much?

I am utterly amazed by some opinions here...guess ya'll must live some pretty picture perfect lives eh :rolleyes:

Hmm example - joints purchased laced unknowingly by the person smoking them w/ either of the above...how does that relate?

after all they are smoking it correct?

"no kidding" hmmm sarcasm much?

I am utterly amazed by some opinions here...guess ya'll must live some pretty picture perfect lives eh :rolleyes:

Well, it's an associated risk with buying pot. In this case I'd say they are asking for it. Rolling your own joints will help avoid this problem.

Ok obviously you have an issue w/ my opinion, whatever - that's fine.

However, I never stated, nor am I stating that Cocaine and/or Heroin use is a "good" thing. But that people do not use and/or experiment with the intention of becoming an addict.

Presciption drugs - and Cocaine is one of them it is considered a schedule II narcotic - are an example. Noone goes in for surgery and expects to become an addict.

Info on cocaine as a PRESCRIBED med -

USES: Cocaine is used as a local anesthetic to temporarily numb areas of the mouth, nose, and throat (mucous membranes).
HOW TO USE: This medication is applied directly to the inside of the mouth, nose, or throat. The dosage depends on your condition and response to the drug. Do not use by vein (IV) or in the eye. Follow all instructions for proper use. Consult your pharmacist for details. When used for extended periods, this medication may not work as well and may require different dosing. Consult the doctor if the medication is not working well. Use this medication exactly as prescribed. Do not increase your dose, take it more frequently, or use for a longer period of time than prescribed because this drug can be habit-forming. Also, if used for a longer period of time, do not stop using this drug without your doctor's approval

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cocaine is still used medicinally as a local anesthetic and vasoconstrictor in Europe. In the United States cocaine was once used to treat sinusitis, hay fever, depression, chronic fatigue and for appetite suppression.[/FONT]

I don't understand how someone being ill,and in need, self induced or not, is a laughing matter, nor do I understand how someone can be so blantant as to chuckle and call them stupid, dumb, idiotic, or they deserved it etc.
This is STILL a human being. Hell, I've seen more compassion from some for a deadbeat jerk than someone who was a contributing member to society, who MAY OR MAY NOT have had addiction issues.

And that - I find truly saddening, as well as disturbing.

When should we hear about the toxicology reports? I am so sad for the family and what heath will miss out of in this life. So sad, anyway you look at it. Such a loss for everyone.

Ya'll, I'm going to close this thread because its getting a little too heated. I'll begin a new one hoping that it will clear the air, but if not, I'll close the subject entirely.

Thanks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member