Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past several weeks have we heard anyone say anything negative about younger?

Not that he smokes weed!

One of the officials said that a fingerprint had also been found on a bomb fragment and that investigators had tried to collect DNA and fingerprint samples from several people whom the authorities are scrutinizing in addition to Ms. Russell.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/30/u...ssell-scrutinized-by-authorities.html?hp&_r=0

Her lawyer, Amato A. DeLuca, has said that Ms. Russell was shocked when she learned that her husband and brother-in-law were suspected of involvement in the attack.

IMO, meaningless. If they do not find DNA on some pressure cooker that does not mean she did not know about husbands plans.

If they do find DNA on some pressure cooker, it does not mean she knew, she had a hint, she was clueless , she was totallyinvolved.

What it does mean however, it means they found some DNA on some pressure cooker.

Really are not a whole lot of options here.

Good ploy later for attroney - we cooperated and gave our cliens DNA. My client cooperative. DO we all think a def attorney is going to let their client give DNA if it could hurt. Heck no.

Defense knows one way or the other --some pressure cooker has or does not have some DNA ---- it meaningless in the case of the biggest terrorist attack on UAS soil since.....

Who knows ... it may in fact rule KRT out.

I hope they do ancestral DNA testing :)

What is ancestral DNA testing and how would it help here?

IMO, this DNA deal is a waste of time. She was married to him, lived with him, the transfer of DNA is so non conclusive. Maybe he made the bombs elsewhere and she really was clueless but 6 months earlier she used the backpack to carry some lettuce around (!)

Maybe she used the empty box to store old sneakers,maybe the pressure cooker sat hidden in the closet where her DNA was, maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe ........

This is , IMO, a waste of time money etc --if it got to court - way to many other explainations why a spouses DNA is on a husbands over the counter purchase (PC) has too many innocent explainations.

Now if it were on a hand launch rocket maybe were talkin!

IMO, it would not be allowed

Did they really say in the official statement that the DNA was found on the pressure cooker or did they say it was found on one of the bombs? There is a difference because the bombs included other materials as well, not just the pressure cooker itself, but also for example circuit boards and triggers etc. Now if the female DNA was found on or even inside a bomb part other than the pressure cooker itself it could very well be quite incriminating.

I feel I'm getting quite annoyed with KR. Why is she not sitting down with FBI and tell them everything, she of all people could give them such a valuable insight into TT's (and maybe even DT's) life and mindset. Even if she didn't know anything about the attacks, she might have overheard something or seen something that now would be highly significant. She could probably pinpoint much more exactly when he started to change, before the trip to Russia or afterwards, for example.

You know, as they always say, tell the police, even if it seems totally insignificant to you. I'm sure she could provide clues that they won't be able to find without her help. Lawyer says she is doing all she can to assist in the investigation - I don't think so! She should be interviewed (not interrogated) for hours if not days, but she continues to refuse to do so. Why?? What is she hiding? Is it only to protect her little girl and her own reputation? I have a hard time believing that.

Although I don't think she was in on all of this but her reluctance to help is very puzzzling.

Received a pressure cooker as a wedding present in the mid 60s. I had grown up seeing my grandmother and my mother use them, so was not afraid of it. I used it a lot when my family was young and my food budget tight. Good for making a tougher piece of meat tender. lol Plus a very short cooking time for things like stews, chili, etc.

Haven't used it for years now - but I do use my crock pot a lot.

------------------------

Dead bomber must have had some charm that I am missing. Descriptions of his behaviors paint him to be a real male chauvinist pig (now there's an oldfashioned term)
and I don't think he was very good looking. Maybe just not my type. Bad nose.

I can't believe he attracted two American girls - and to the point where he was playing one off against the other. Ugghh!
------------------------
As to what happens to unclaimed bodies, each jurisdiction has their own guidelines on this. Normally the body will kept for a certain minimum amount of time - could be a month or two. This could possibly change due to lack of storage space.

At the end of the prescribed time the body is disposed of, again as per the guidelines within the jurisdiction. Cremation or burial.

From my own family's experience, the authorities were unclear with us as to when exactly an autopsy would take place on my relative. Said they would call us when it was completed. So we had to make tentative arrangements. Then when they called and said the autopsy was complete they wanted to know how soon we would have someone there to pick up the body. As in "come and get it right now", or so it seemed to me.
Me either "and I don't think he was very good looking"- The younger one was a cute kid.

In the past several weeks have we heard anyone say anything negative about younger?

Not that he smokes weed!

Not anymore!! :jail:

:floorlaugh:

Sorry, needed some relief.

I guess that depends on what it shows, and where the DNA was exactly (could it have been innocent, as in the random handling washing of a pressure cooker, or in a more telling location on the bomb, that could only have been done by someone deeply involved..
How would one determine that some DNA on a PC indicates terrorism or a fondness for some pot roast? It could mean that you do not like post roast but your husband did.

It could mean you loved pot roast but your husband was only luke warm about pot roast. It could mean he hated pot roast.

It could mean that you did not even use it for pot roast; you might have done chuck roast, or maybe even some rice, maybe mashed potatoes .

RELEVANCE YOUR HONOR?

I would ,tho, know that an assualt rifle has little to do with pot roast.OR chuck roast!

As I recall, he already allegedly run over his compatriot.
I never expected him to provide any useful information, and it doesn't sound like he did.
I think that was an accident - if you look at video he did not have a lot of options in terms of getting away (and it had been a pretty a hectic past 40 minutes) - go forward and fast. Sure it adds drama , but if he wanted his brother dead he had plenty of opportunity just chuck a bomb in his face.

How would one determine that some DNA on a PC indicates terrorism or a fondness for some pot roast? It could mean that you do not like post roast but your husband did.

It could mean you loved pot roast but your husband was only luke warm about pot roast. It could mean he hated pot roast.

It could mean that you did not even use it for pot roast; you might have done chuck roast, or maybe even some rice, maybe mashed potatoes .

RELEVANCE YOUR HONOR?

I would ,tho, know that an assualt rifle has little to do with pot roast.OR chuck roast!

bbm - maybe the DNA was on the trigger or the circuit board. That's a whole different story ...

Tsarnaev family received $100G in benefits

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio.../04/tsarnaev_family_received_100g_in_benefits

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

And it's not over yet, the's about to reap the benefits of a free defense , complete with death-qualified attorney. My guess is it's way more than Dagestan, or Chechnya would do for them.

Although I don't think she was in on all of this but her reluctance to help is very puzzzling.

I wonder if she is afraid to speak badly of TT and DT. Maybe that is why she isn't saying anything? If her in-laws were my in-laws, I would be afraid.
Especially to speak against the older brother who the mother seems particularly fond of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is ancestral DNA testing and how would it help here?

Did they really say in the official statement that the DNA was found on the pressure cooker or did they say it was found on one of the bombs? There is a difference because the bombs included other materials as well, not just the pressure cooker itself, but also for example circuit boards and triggers etc. Now if the female DNA was found on or even inside a bomb part other than the pressure cooker itself it could very well be quite incriminating.

I feel I'm getting quite annoyed with KR. Why is she not sitting down with FBI and tell them everything, she of all people could give them such a valuable insight into TT's (and maybe even DT's) life and mindset. Even if she didn't know anything about the attacks, she might have overheard something or seen something that now would be highly significant. She could probably pinpoint much more exactly when he started to change, before the trip to Russia or afterwards, for example.

You know, as they always say, tell the police, even if it seems totally insignificant to you. I'm sure she could provide clues that they won't be able to find without her help. Lawyer says she is doing all she can to assist in the investigation - I don't think so! She should be interviewed (not interrogated) for hours if not days, but she continues to refuse to do so. Why?? What is she hiding? Is it only to protect her little girl and her own reputation? I have a hard time believing that.

Doing all she "can" may mean she could do more, but it wouldn't be in her best interest. In an article posted earlier, FBI revealed that they are still in negotiations for further interviews. She lived in an apartment with the bomber. Not much space, no garage or shed for bomb building. If the bombs were built in the apartment, it's hard to imagine she didn't see something, even if it only appears suspicious in hindsight. If the bombs weren't built in the apartment, that would suggest accessories to the plot. I haven't read anything about KR that I would consider incriminating, but I've also seen nothing that rules out any knowledge or involvement. I would like to know if there were search warrants for the DNA sample and the search of her parents house. Fox was reporting the FBI took her lap top and what I think they described as luggage or a suitcase. All MOO

Cariis, Just wanted to point out that it was DT who was given citizenship and not TT. TT didn't qualify after his arrest for domestic violence. Thanks.
I was talking about young one in reference to a lot of hang him, burn him alive stuff. Young one is an American citizen just like Holmes,Lanza, Mcvey etc .

Right to disability, school grant,miranda, innocent till proven, vote etc etc !

In fact, the grant certainly correlates with all we have heard from those who knew him and were friends with him.

His video last night was sweet kind fun playful.

If we played that video to a group of people who knew nothing about this what would they say or conclude about the young man.

Seems like a pretty kind person - congruent with all we have heard about him from lots and lots of people.

We are not getting any of the Holmes (Isolative/odd), Lanza (odd) etc etc

Like it or not by all accounts this was a well adjusted, fun , liked , individual - those are just the facts!

I was talking about young one in reference to a lot of hang him, burn him alive stuff. Young one is an American citizen just like Holmes,Lanza, Mcvey etc .

Right to disability, school grant,miranda, innocent till proven, vote etc etc !

In fact, the grant certainly correlates with all we have heard from those who knew him and were friends with him.

His video last night was sweet kind fun playful.

If we played that video to a group of people who knew nothing about this what would they say or conclude about the young man.

Seems like a pretty kind person - congruent with all we have heard about him from lots and lots of people.

We are not getting any of the Holmes (Isolative/odd), Lanza (odd) etc etc

Like it or not by all accounts this was a well adjusted, fun , liked , individual - those are just the facts!

And Hitler loved his dog and was even sentimental enough to marry Eva Braun on his last day in the bunker. Well adjusted "kids" don't write 6 months prior to the bombing that they are ready to leave the country which has given them so much opportunity and freedom. And they definitely don't participate in bombing plots. The efforts by the media to "humanize" the bombers is getting tiresome. DT was a slacker, a poor student and a pothead. TT's boxing career didn't have to end. He could have turned pro and from the accounts of those who knew him as a boxer, he could have made a decent income as a club fighter. He chose to give up boxing. I am much more interested in how they got their money and who may have helped them than I am interested in the why. All MOO

Does that $10,000 mean that they received about $10,000 per year on average?
We all need to remember that when they got here they did try to assimilate. Dad got job, mom got job, mom got training, kids doing well in school, two skilled athletes, they did the entire dance to get their citizenship.

They had loud arguments according to sources, there was domestic violence dynamics – hardly what one would call different than 197 million other citizens of the country.

They tried to assimilate, failed. No different than all the citizens now who are fed up, stressed, unemployed, can’t get health care, etc etc.

For many years they tried to get it together.

I firmly believe that he, like his father, left here and DID NOT PLAN on returning. All the stuff we are finding out about now (the Canadian guy angle) makes me think he fled Russia, and had nowhere to go.

My only caveat here – I think Mom has been super crazy with America for decades.

Now what happens when you cage an angry animal – its gets aggressive and lethal no

thanx for the link

........we search for the day they went overseas, traveled to a mosque in Egypt or Yemen or Chechnya, and got radicalized. But the truth is that their time in the U.S. almost always plays a big part in their transformation. They try to assimilate and either succeed all too well and become disgusted with themselves or are stymied. (Older brother Tamerlan’s inability to continue to box in the top national competition because he wasn’t a citizen after a rule change barring legal residents—in other words, to become more American—seems to have narrowed his options and radicalized him, for example.)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...hy_for_dzhokhar_tsarnaev_what_s_it_about.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280