WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I did. That's something I'm very interested in knowing. I heard on the radio that the body was found in the BACKYARD of a private home. How did they not know... and if they DID know- there's a problem.

I am surprised to hear it was someone's backyard. But I can see where they wouldn't know if they have a lot of acerage. I was on-line earlier looking at businesses in the Schneider Road area. One that caught my attention was a horse farm or horse riding facility, so that leads me to believe that there is a lot of undeveloped property around there.

What IF...we are looking at a serial killing? Specifically...the killings taking place from 1968-84?

I just researched all the places they found those bodies and the similarities of the cases: Females, 17-24yo, 3+ had left bar area in Madison, most found in wooded areas, all with ties to UW, except 1...all found within 14 miles of Madison.

Sound familiar?

Might not be so farfetched actually. If the perp were a younger student back in 68...he would be in his mid/late 50s now...Right?

Both Angela and Kelly fit into the category above in several ways.

Not far fetched at all, IMO, FWIW.

The most likely suspect would be the employee who called them two days after she went missing, IMO. He has no way to prove he "handed her off" to some stranger. How did he find out she was missing if this didn't go public for awhile afterward?

Who is this guy? Does he have an alibi for the exact time she went missing and afterward? What connection does he have to the area where the body was found? Where does he live? Does he have a vehicle? Does he have roomates? What connection did he have, if any, with Angela Drake? Michael Desalvo? Desalvo's roomates?

I still say there HAS to be a connection here with the Drake case. Maybe it is why they are being so methodical now. They know the implications since one man is already behind bars for years for almost the same crime in the same area.

My instinct is that this is entirely unrelated to the drake case. But I guess we will see. I think she was killed by someone she knew.

What IF...we are looking at a serial killing? Specifically...the killings taking place from 1968-84?

I just researched all the places they found those bodies and the similarities of the cases: Females, 17-24yo, 3+ had left bar area in Madison, most found in wooded areas, all with ties to UW, except 1...all found within 14 miles of Madison.

Sound familiar?

Might not be so farfetched actually. If the perp were a younger student back in 68...he would be in his mid/late 50s now. (Certainly not too old for a serial killer.)

Both Angela and Kelly fit into the category above in several ways.

I realize Desalvo pleaded no contest, but that isn't guilty. If he had slept with her while drunk, his dna would have matched and if he had done as he said he did...dropped her off, but did not see her go in...it would still leave a possibility someone else could get to her.

It would also mean this investigation would have to be meticulously done if it is at all possible they could be related. I would think they would have to take everything into account. It might explain a lot of why this was handled with extra caution and under the huge umbrella of the different agencies.

No this was random!!! Do you know how many people in the US goes missing every day with the same set of details?

I am beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist. LOL I swear if you will go read up on those and map it all out...you will see what I mean tho! It is just incredible.

Yes, I realize it does happen everyday in the US...but we are talking Madison WI here! Within an area of a 15 mile radius! THAT many women and under that many of the same circumstances? You would be hard pressed to find similar to this number together anywhere on the planet, IMO.

They interviewed the landowner on the 6:00 news. She said her kids ride their 4 wheelers in the area where the body was found. Im looking to see if I can find a video of the news.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/200657
"The body was found at 8:45 this morning during a massive search for Nolan on private property off of Schneider Drive near its intersection with County MM north of Oregon. Madison Police Chief Noble Wray said at the news conference in Oregon that cell phone technology led police to that site, but he would not elaborate further."

Anybody care to give it a whirl?
http://dcimap.co.dane.wi.us/dcimap/index.htm

Yes, I realize it does happen everyday in the US...but we are talking Madison WI here! Within an area of a 15 mile radius! THAT many women and under that many of the same circumstances? You would be hard pressed to find similar to this number together anywhere on the planet, IMO.

It is obvious there was some sort of serial killer operating back then. I think a 20 year cooling off period is unusual, but not entirely impossible (look at BTK)

It is obvious there was some sort of serial killer operating back then. I think a 20 year cooling off period is unusual, but not entirely impossible (look at BTK)

Before I finished reading your comment I thought, OH NO, Look at BTK...I think SS theory is entirely plausible...JDB, I'm usually with ya...this one....I don't know. :blowkiss:

I just through the serial murders out there as a possibility - my guess would be more as a copycat, and not necessarily the same guy.

The other similarity I see is the Dierdre Harm case. (See this same forum discussion.) Dierdre disappeared after a night of drinking in downtown Wisconsin Rapids (about 1 1/2 hours north of Madison). Her body was found months later in a secluded, wooded area. No suspects have been found, but police do have a sketch of a person of interest.

Since her cell was pinging and this is private property, I think police have a very good idea of who the likely suspects are. I think we will have much more info tomorrow.

If the perp were a young student back then...20 years could be spent raising a family, creating a bonified career, and becoming an outstanding member of the community. He could be a civic leader, a professor, a wealthy land developer, a teacher, a preacher, or even a dog catcher. ;)

Maybe there wasn't a 20 year cooling off period. The perp could have moved during that time and continued elsewhere. (The last known killing in '84 was far north of the rest and out his comfort zone which I thought was quite different.)

So we are back to the employee. No one recalls seeing her in or around the bar where the employee works. She didn't come up on any tapes while at the bars either according to LE (that were clear at least). The owner said the employee told him about Kelly, so he didn't see him with her either. She is reported missing on the 24th and isn't on national register for missing until the 29th. If the employee isn't the perp and he actually did hand her off to someone else...how is he going to prove it? No one saw a man matching the description of his 'hand off man' in the bar and if no one saw them walk away...the employee has a problem.

Good timeline: http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/nolan//index.php?ntid=200661

Is this the employee or another guy?: nbc 15's Erin Koskovich was able to talk with a young man who was one of the last to see Kelly Nolan the night she disappeared.
The man Erin spoke with says he has talked to police and helped them in every way he can.
He says he didn't know Kelly very well, but he's told police everything he knows about the night she disappeared.
He told me Kelly was out with friends downtown Madison that night and her friends left and Kelly stayed in the bar with him.
He said he's helped police with anything they've asked him to do.
He's gone through DNA testing, a lie detector test, and his home and car have both been searched.
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/8209357.html

Also, could it be someone else's cell phone they were pinging? According to one report, the body had been there for a long time indicating to me probably soon after she went missing. If her phone was with her out in the weather n such...it should have been dead long ago which wouldn't make a lot of sense..unless they just now are getting the records from the first day or so.

This is country land.....a back yard around here could mean 10 acres or more.

I just through the serial murders out there as a possibility - my guess would be more as a copycat, and not necessarily the same guy.

The other similarity I see is the Dierdre Harm case. (See this same forum discussion.) Dierdre disappeared after a night of drinking in downtown Wisconsin Rapids (about 1 1/2 hours north of Madison). Her body was found months later in a secluded, wooded area. No suspects have been found, but police do have a sketch of a person of interest.

They are open murder cases no matter how cold. It would be a shot in the dark, I agree, but someone has gotten away with them for many years. Don't they at least have to take them into consideration every time they have a crime that could fit the same MO? (Even if it could be a copycat.)

http://someoneismissing.com/wisconsin/deidre-harm.htm She was reported missing on Sunday, June 11, 2006. Deidre was seen leaving the "The Finish Line Bar" and "The Body Shop Bar" in Wisconsin Rapids.

Why are there so many multi-jurisdictions involved in this case? Are there several counties, cities, something I have missed? It hasn't crossed state lines that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa