Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM: Why did Sierra have clothes in her purse.

Marlene: Sierra loves clothes and her and her friends trade clothes. I wonder if she is simply repeating what she heard others say. I don't know why I get the impression she has no clue what Sierra does or doesn't do. It could be those eyes...I am very uncomfortable watching her.

Marlene: Sierra loves clothes and her and her friends trade clothes.

I notice that she never did say they were Sierra as the LE has said they are. I see Marlenes eyes shifting is bugging you to.

Marlene: Sierra loves clothes and her and her friends trade clothes. I wonder if she is simply repeating what she heard others say. I don't know why I get the impression she has no clue what Sierra does or doesn't do. It could be those eyes...I am very uncomfortable.

Trade clothes ? Could well be..Trade underwear ? Seriously doubt it...JMO

It seriously bothers me when people say abductions are rare or that it statistically it is unlikely that it will happen to them or someone they know (i.e. their children), so they aren't willing to take that into consideration when allowing them to do something/not do something.

Statistically speaking, it may be rare. But, it DOES happen. And it happens very randomly. So, to not take that into consideration is naive at best. It happens to strong men. It happens to intelligent women. A 15 y/o child is no match in comparison.

JDB, what did she say about Sierra's tweets and JVM talking about Sierra and "Weed"?

There was a story on, I think Dateline, where a young man went missing and they were trying to figure out what happened . They had footage from an ATM machine of this "suspect". In the meantime this "suspect" was seen on a security camera in a bank, He was brazen enough not to use a mask, and he put a gun to the head of a young girl to get the teller to comply with his demands.

When he went to leave he told the girl she was to go with him or he'd kill her........SHE SAT DOWN ON THE FLOOR OF THE BANK!! He left without her.
The detectives said "that act saved her life".

It might seem hard to do when a gun is pointed at you, but , I agree with you 90Nine, Kill me now, cause I'm not going with you, crazy man.LOL

If only everyone reacted that way but sadly they dont.

Then we would read more about cases that may end happily instead of having to read about so many cases where another young victim was kidnapped by someone and there was no evidence of a struggle or even a scream.

It is very hard to know exactly what someone would do if they were in a situation that I think Sierra was in until they live it themselves. We all like to think that everyone would kick, scream, and try to get away, but everyone is different, and while some may try to get away... some freeze filled with terror and become compliant...thinking if they do what the perp says they will fair better.

IMO

Anybody watching JVM she is talking about Sierra case her mom is on. Her mom every time she talks her eyed keep shifting to the left it is strange, I get the feeling she has no idea was is on Sierra Pc either even though she says she and Sierra were close.

People do that when they are either lying or hiding something.

Yes, I'm a little puzzled about this.
How come there weren't any tweets about her not being in school posted?
Why wouldn't there be something like, "hey, did you ditch today?", or "missed you in school", or "where are U?", or maybe, "why aren't you answering my text?, queries?
Did no one really notice or care that she hadn't texted them, or tweeted something, or texted back?

Like at lunch, I'm sure her friends grabbed for their phones first opportunity.
So did no one, send her a text or tweet to ask where or how she was?
And right after school when she still hadn't answered?

I don't take it she had as many close friends at her new school. And maybe there were incoming messages her phone we don't know about.

She could have walked in that weather but she appeared to be very concerned about her appearance which a lot are at her age and it's probably something she wouldn't want to do. I also included her missing the bus not just the weather. It may have been a half a mile to her bus stop but what happened if she missed the bus?
I don't let my 13 yr old stand at the end of our driveway which is the bus stop in bad weather. Either myself or my college age daughter covers her with an umbrella so her clothes and books stay dry until the bus comes. That's just me.

Well... all I can say is different families, different times, maybe different parts of the country.

I went to high school about ten minutes after the dinosaurs went extinct (early 70s).

I was only bussed in middle school and it was about 15 miles away. My mother said if I missed the bus due to sleeping in, I'd have to walk. I don't know if she meant it because I never missed that bus!

My mind boggles when I try to imagine my mother covering me with an umbrella to keep me dry. I had raingear and I knew how to use it by the time I got to middle school.

The girl's locker room had these hot air hand dryers that were mounted at shoulder level, so if your hair got that wet, you could rotate the nozzle to dry it. I never bothered because my hair was thick and long enough to sit on; I would have had to spend an hour in the girl's locker room to get it dry and even if I had the time, I had better things to do.

Maybe it's just part of growing up in a rural state... a little rain or wind that doesn't include tornadoes just doesn't seem worth making any sort of alternative arrangement for.

Anybody watching JVM she is talking about Sierra case her mom is on. Her mom every time she talks her eyed keep shifting to the left it is strange, I get the feeling she has no idea was is on Sierra Pc either even though she says she and Sierra were close.

I get that feeling too.

The best thing for a person to do who comes into contact with a potential abductor, is to NOT go with them. Your chances for survival decrease the farther you go with the attacker. The best thing to do is to make as much noise as possible to draw attention to yourself. Hit, kick, scream, bite, scratch, etc. An abductor does not want someone to look out their window or notice what is going on because then their chances of getting caught go up infinitely. Generally, they will just leave.

If that huge iron gate at the end of her driveway was closed, is it possible that she could have seen anyone parked near the end of the cul de sac,or lurking outside the gate at the end of the driveway ? Could she have spotted him before she opened the gate ?

Do we know if they kept the gate closed back then?

I dont know but the high pillars bother me. He could have casually been standing there making sure no one came by and when she walked by the pillars he could have grabbed her and pushed her in the vehicle.

It is so hard to say since this is like so many other cases where no one saw a thing that day.

IMO

I thought your post raised some good questions... most families have some kind of contingency plan if a child misses the bus...also, I wondered if she would have accepted a ride from a neighbor, if it was raining ?

IMO the worst part of this walk to her bus stop would have been the early morning darkness of the winter months, and the fact that there were apparently no other kids around her age going to that bus stop. Didn't seem safe,but JMO...

I wouldn't want to take that walk. I'd be very nervous. The area looks so isolated.

The best thing for a person to do who comes into contact with a potential abductor, is to NOT go with them. Your chances for survival decrease the farther you go with the attacker. The best thing to do is to make as much noise as possible to draw attention to yourself. Hit, kick, scream, bite, scratch, etc. An abductor does not want someone to look out their window or notice what is going on because then their chances of getting caught go up infinitely. Generally, they will just leave.

Exactly, the abductor does not want to call attention to him/herself.

I wish every person would adhere to this rule but tragically they dont.

IMO

I wouldn't want to take that walk. I'd be very nervous. The area looks so isolated.

I dont think Sierra was afraid to go to the bus stop by herself. It is a very nice neighborhood. I wouldnt be scared to go to the bus stop if I lived in that neighborhood.

IMO

People do that when they are either lying or hiding something.

Poor Marlene, she is probably inwardly very embarassed by Sierra's on line chatter. I know as a mother, I certainly would be.

IMO

Nothing in fact they really did not go into them. Except she and Sierra were close .

Marlene's eyes were shifting before she even spoke. I hadn't noticed that before but couldn't help notice it today...good grief! I guess we could all chalk it up to a nervous tick but I hadn't seen that before in people who are nervous. They usually blink continually.

At first I thought she was checking in with somebody to her right but gave up that idea after she started talking.

I dont think Sierra was afraid to go to the bus stop by herself. It is a very nice neighborhood. I wouldnt be scared to go to the bus stop if I lived in that neighborhood.

IMO

ocean, it is very different, at least to me. There are eight homes sprinkled in sprawling vegetable fields and tin warehouses. I wouldn't want my child left alone walking to and from the bus stop with only the field workers there. If I were Sierra, I would be looking for a ride as often as possible. This is new to her, as Fremont is not like that at all. North Morgan Hill is a very different place to live compared to the culture in the South Bay, and not exactly a place a teenager would want to be alone,despite a beautiful home. My bet is she missed Fremont terribly.

It is a shame she had to move there. I wonder why they did...as the parents still worked in Fremont. Why didn't they let Sierra continue in Fremont since Marlene drove there each day and could have taken Sierra with her?

There may be a story here we haven't heard....yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member