trial thread: 3/27/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good moring all, all caught up for the start of the day :)

Poor Mike Knoll. He gets asked this question all the time :floorlaugh:

9:40
Mike Knoll: @guest - I'm just going to answer this one now as it will be asked 100 more times today: It's unknown if Rafferty will take the stand.

9:39
Comment From Guest
dose rafferty go on the stand at some time

Judging from the strategy the defence is taking, there's a lot of speculation the jury would have to believe to get MR off or reduce his sentence. Unless MR takes the stand, his defence is all conjecture and speculation by his lawyer. If he's really not guilty, he has to take the stand.

Guelph

-Tori was first taken to Guelph where Raffferty used to live -went to house of Barbara A bought Percosets

-The pair then went to a Petro Canada gas station in the north end of Guelph, where a video camera caught Rafferty heading to the ATM machine. He took out cash, got back in the car and drove closer to a nearby Home Depot

-Car went to Home Depot in Guelph, McClintic bought garbage bags and hammer paid cash put stuff in trunk

-Civic went north of Guelph on Hwy 6

jmo

Judging from the strategy the defence is taking, there's a lot of speculation the jury would have to believe to get MR off or reduce his sentence. Unless MR takes the stand, his defence is all conjecture and speculation by his lawyer. If he's really not guilty, he has to take the stand.

Yes and I am curious if this defense is more about what prison rating level he will get based on outcome ie what kind of prisoner status level he will receive. Depending on what level he rates will determine what kind of day he will have in prison..whether it will be in a cell 23 hours a day or will he have more freedoms IMO. I am under the impression there are different levels of doing time...AND...also it determins what type of facility he will be housed in. IMO

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened

Photographs??? does this mean MR took pics with his phone???

The media contingent is much smaller today now that McClintic finished testimony on Friday

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened

Photographs??? does this mean MR took pics with his phone???

Also, I remember way way back that MRs sexual deviance or some such behaviour was well known to peeps who work with his mom that she had missed work etc. Do we know for sure he doesn't have a record as a young offender? or maybe the situation resolved without charges or something.

I'll have to go back in my own posts and see if I can find that.

I think he means photographs taken by LE. They will be used to explain how the killing happened. Putting the pieces of the puzzle together for this jury. IMO

RaffertyLFP: Trial is resuming - waiting for jury to come in [via Twitter]

Trial is resuming - waiting for jury to come in

RaffertyLFP: First witness is Barbara Armstrong from Guelph

Crown calls Barbara Armstrong as next witness. She is the friend of #Rafferty's who allegedly sold him Percocet in Guelph Apr. 8th, 2009

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong says she is 44 and from Guelph - has two children Worked at Better Beef now Cargill as packager

Armstrong said she met Rafferty at work - at Better Beef - says he was soon laid off

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Barbara Armstrong is the first witness today as #Rafferty trial resumes this morning

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong says she is 44 and from Guelph - has two children Worked at Better Beef now Cargill as packager [via Twitter]

Barbara Armstrong is the first witness today as #Rafferty trial resumes this morning

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong said she met Rafferty at work - at Better Beef - says he was soon laid off [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong says Rafferty worked as a butcher in plant - says they dated for a while but continues to be friends [via Twitter]

Crown calls Barbara Armstrong as next witness. She is the friend of #Rafferty's who allegedly sold him Percocet in Guelph Apr. 8th, 2009.

Armstrong is 44. Explaining her work history. Lived in Guelph in 2009

Armstrong has known Rafferty for six years. He worked at a meatpacking plant with her.

Armstrong says Rafferty worked as a butcher in plant - says they dated for a while but continues to be friends

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong said they frequently sent text message to each other

Rafferty and Armstrong dated for about two months. Remained friends afterwards.

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong said they frequently sent text message to each other. [via Twitter]

Barbara Armstrong dated #Rafferty briefly. Became friends afterwards. Were "confidantes".

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Barbara Armstrong dated #Rafferty briefly. Became friends afterwards. Were "confidantes".

RaffertyLFP: On April 8, 2009 Armstrong worked day shift at Better Beef - got text message from Rafferty

Armstrong says she would text back and forth with Rafferty 10 times a month.

RaffertyLFP: Armstrong got back from work around 4:30 p.m that day to find Rafferty parked outside her home - car was blue Honda Civic

Armstrong and #Rafferty were texting on Apr. 8, 2009. Planned to see each other that day.

RaffertyLFP: On April 8, 2009 Armstrong worked day shift at Better Beef - got text message from Rafferty [via Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes