17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone able to grab these before they disappeared?
I did not all the individual videos of the SPD security cameras, but I got the calls, the various police reports, and the full video of the SPD security cameras from the Sanford site. Oh, and most if not all the press releases.
:woohoo:

It seems to me pretty clear that Zimmerman's legal team has the documents already.

It does? Or are they going by what GZ is teling them? At any rate, I see this as the hatches getting locked down because there are charges coming down the pike. IMO.

George Zimmerman's defense team is growing, suggesting that he's planning for a grand jury indictment and a subsequent criminal trial. Interestingly, his new attorney has begun releasing some previously unknown facts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/06/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS214913966420120406

hmmmm.....I think that may be why they want everything removed. GZ's defense team is at work and the state is not gonna play their games.

INTERESTING..... dependability of results of "a voice stress test is no better than flipping a coin"

It does? Or are they going by what GZ is teling them? At any rate, I see this as the hatches getting locked down because there are charges coming down the pike. IMO.

I do as well teh. I bet if you went and took a nap for the afternoon, we would see movement on the clerk of the court's website right around 5 p.m. The good stuff always happens when you take a nap right?

~jmo~

It seems to me Bonaparte is stating that the officer did not, in fact, tell Tracy Martin that Zimmerman's record was "squeaky clean".

And in all fairness, during that conversation Tracy Martin was most likely in shock. It's not unbelievable that he would misunderstand what the cop said.

Certainly when someone goes into the doc for a stressful consultation they're advised to take a friend - because people getting bad news often completely misunderstand and misremember what is said in the conversation.

At that time the
investigator said that Mr. Zimmerman portrayed himself to be “squeaky clean”.

Now I can't not find anywhere Mr. Bonaparte claims the officer told Mr. Martin that Zimmerman did have a record.

Even if he did just say Mr. Zimmerman says he has a squeaky clean record why wouldn't the officer say "but that is not true we know he has a record"?

Why would the officer just leave it like that?

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

I agree...this has bugged me too. My first thought when I saw the enhanced images was...Did GZ wack himself with the butt of his gun? :waitasec:

JMHO~

he could have hit his own head on the outside meters and is using this to justify his actions...I truly doubt his words...

It seems to me Bonaparte is stating that the officer did not, in fact, tell Tracy Martin that Zimmerman's record was "squeaky clean".

And in all fairness, during that conversation Tracy Martin was most likely in shock. It's not unbelievable that he would misunderstand what the cop said.

Certainly when someone goes into the doc for a stressful consultation they're advised to take a friend - because people getting bad news often completely misunderstand and misremember what is said in the conversation.

Hmmm... JMO, I think Bonaparte has grabbed this opportunity to get his ducks in a row on paper. I'm not impressed. This may have something to do with lawsuits against the city of Sanford that he fears will be filed.

as always, YMMV

The only new part in this particular quote is if an arrest occurs, it won't happen before next week. Ms. Corey said right after she got the case and before she opted out of any more interviews that she may or may not utilize the grand jury, that she can choose to charge him herself without the grand jury's assistance.

Previous article...

JACKSONVILLE -- The prosecutor at the center of the national firestorm over whether the man who killed Trayvon Martin should be charged in his death says she’s not likely to need a grand jury to make the decision for her.

More probable, she said, is that she’ll be the one to decide.

“I always lean towards moving forward without needing the grand jury in a case like this,” Angela Corey, the state attorney assigned to the case by Gov. Rick Scott, told The Herald/Times. “I foresee us being able to make a decision, and move on it on our own.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...otlight.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

~jmo~

I read that a grand jury is required for a 1st-degree murder charge in Florida... I hope they're given this case & they decide that's one of the charges, I believe George planned to kill Trayvon when he starting following him. JMO.

Going back to the issue of when the PD identified Trayvon, I think that all plays into their acceptance of Zimmerman's story. IMO, they might have checked into Trayvon's cell phone early on and found out he was from Miami. They then might have thought that his not being from the area bolstered Zimmerman's claims about Trayvon's actions while Zimmerman was following him around... somebody from out-of-town loking for trouble. Of course, that's shoddy police work and has no bearing on how wrong Zimmerman was from the get-go and whether he should have been arrested. But I think it might play a part in the PD's willingness to accept Zimmerman's version of what happened.

Well, it seems like we'll know soon enough. It seems Corey will announce the decision next week.

Hmmm... JMO, I think Bonaparte has grabbed this opportunity to get his ducks in a row on paper. I'm not impressed. This may have something to do with lawsuits against the city of Sanford that he fears will be filed.

as always, YMMV

Or riots that they are fearing.

Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.
"And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean"."

Those are the words of Chief Lee, not Norton Bonaparte, Jr.
It was a questionaire to the now former Police Chief. You know, the one that 'temporarily" has stepped down. I don't think it can necessarily be construed as an official position on anything by the City of Sanford.

The PDF is here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

At that time the

Now I can't not find anywhere Mr. Bonaparte claims the officer told Mr. Martin that Zimmerman did have a record.

Even if he did just say Mr. Zimmerman says he has a squeaky clean record why wouldn't the officer say "but that is not true we know he has a record"?

Why would the officer just leave it like that?

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

I guess I'm not following your thoughts . . .

It seems to me, that Bonaparte is taking issue with Tracy Martin's reporting than an officer called Zimmerman's record "squeaky clean". As in, no one said that to him.

I'm not sure about someone saying it, and someone else not correcting it.

It seems Bonaparte is saying no one said it.

Why, in the conversation where they inform parents that their minor child is dead, would the cop go on in detail that Zimmerman had been charged but went into a youthful offender program many years ago? I would think that wouldn't come up in an initial conversation about a deceased child.

"And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean"."

It was a questionaire to the now former Police Chief. You know, the one that 'temporarily" has stepped down. I don't think it can necessarily be construed as an official position on anything by the City of Sanford.

The PDF is here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf
BBM
If that was true then why did City Manager Bonaparte put Chief Lee's comments in his official letter?

as always, YMMV

According to the document properties it was created March 20, 2012 at 1:47:40 PM. I downloaded it after 10PM that night.

It was not released as a response to any of the events, news reports, rumors, or claims of the last two weeks of media frenzy.

JMO, IMO, etc.

Bonaparte puts it in his open letter, and then ends the letter that he "trusts this information is helpful to you" (the citizens). He's standing by that information in his open letter, even though the questions were initially answered by LE, they were included in his informational piece.

Since Bonaparte is the city manager, and this letter is on the official city website, I think you can infer that this open letter is the position of the City management.

I guess I'm not following your thoughts . . .

It seems to me, that Bonaparte is taking issue with Tracy Martin's reporting than an officer called Zimmerman's record "squeaky clean". As in, no one said that to him.

I'm not sure about someone saying it, and someone else not correcting it.

It seems Bonaparte is saying no one said it.

Why, in the conversation where they inform parents that their minor child is dead, would the cop go on in detail that Zimmerman had been charged but went into a youthful offender program many years ago? I would think that wouldn't come up in an initial conversation about a deceased child.

BBM

In the following statement Bonaparte is saying what the officer said.

In one of the initial meetings with the father of the victim the investigator related to
him the account that Mr. Zimmerman provided of the incident. At that time the

Now to your second question. Zimmerman had a violent arrest record. Why wouldn't the cop tell Mr. Martin that and just leave him with the account of Zimmerman saying he was squeaky clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa