What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what actually went on and what actually was said when Rebecca went to pick up Nina in the airport. I can only imagine how awkward and tense the whole thing would have been for the two of them. I'm also curious why Rebecca was the one driving everyone around, picking them up and dropping them off. Doesn't Jonah have a driver to do that kinda thing? Doesn't he have any staff or house hold help at all?

As we have discussed, there have been no mention of any staff so far.

I would think that without AS, JS, DS and possibly NR phone records, that LE could not actually make a determination in the case. I would think that phone records and cell pings would be something the Zahou family will want.

When police talked alibis, so far they have only mentioned 2 people: DS and JS.
I don't know if they bothered to check if others had alibis.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7132829#post7132829"]Rebecca's cell phone records - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/19/ijvm.01.html
ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Mansion Mystery: 2 Deaths in 2 Days
Aired July 19, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET

Ok thanks for the info. I now believe there are two mystery women in this case. The one seen in the video news report below (uploaded July 14?) from ABC 15 in Phoenix:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IOuN0pqCA&feature=related"]New details emerging in San Diego mansion death - YouTube[/ame]

And, a second woman TG reported seeing in a white sedan when he exited the mansion with the dog on July 12.

Ok thanks for the info. I now believe there are two mystery women in this case. The one seen in the video news report below (uploaded July 14?) from ABC 15 in Phoenix:

New details emerging in San Diego mansion death - YouTube

And, a second woman TG reported seeing in a white sedan when he exited the mansion with the dog on July 12.

was there any physical description given of the woman in in the white sedan?

I vaguely recall the dog guy telling about a woman he saw at the mansion. Does anyone have a link to that? I remember one saying that she was a well dressed woman, but I believe that was the day Rebecca was found.

Thanks curiousjo, as well from that article

News 8 asked sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit about that rope, which is clearly seen in an evidence photo posted online by the department.

"The picture we posted of the rope was actually taken by a Coronado police officer who was one of the first people to arrive on scene that day," Lt. Nesbit said.

I don't believe this for one second, I didn't find the exact sunrise for that day, but the sunrise graph for that month shows it to have been between 5:30 - 6:00 am, there is no way was it that dark at the time the first officer arrived on scene. imo

I live in San Diego and leave for work at 6:30-6:45 a.m. and in July it was not dark at that time. That is 100% wrong. Reports are that AS called at 6:48 a.m and CPD got there 2 minutes later and CFD, 3 minutes later. Dark? HA! NOT.

So going with Sorrell Skye estimates of crime scene bedroom measurements and AR...

• AR has rope on wrists at 84" + loop, appx. 90” = appx. 7.5'
  • AR DOES NOT INCLUDE LENGTH OF ROPE ON ANKLES.
  • From my loose-rope re-creation, I came up with appx. 20' for rope for BOTH bindings (which means an extremely generous 12.5' for ankle binding; may have been closer to 9'; loops on tow line are 6”).
  • PLUS 17' to 19' based on Sorrell Skye estimate above.
  • PLUS rope on neck as per AR of 22" plus loop = appx 2.5'
  • PLUS 9'2" drop = appx. 9'

At a minimum: 7.5 + 9 + 17 + 2.5 + 9 = 45'

At a maximum: 7.5 + 12.5 + 19 + 2.5 + 9 = 50.5'

Conclusions:

1) The rope was NOT masterfully cut into the perfect lengths for binding and hanging.

2) LE left out total amount of rope present at crime scene.

3) The total amount does not add up to the standard 60' minimum length of a two-person/340 tow rope (some two-person two ropes are LONGER).

4) There is a missing piece of rope that is approximately 9.5’ to 15' long.

Please doublecheck these figures. Thank you.

I live in San Diego and leave for work at 6:30-6:45 a.m. and in July it was not dark at that time. That is 100% wrong. Reports are that AS called at 6:48 a.m and CPD got there 2 minutes later and CFD, 3 minutes later. Dark? HA! NOT.

Where does it say dark? He is talking abut this photo taken before 9:20 when the Sheriff's dept arrived. The one in the dark was taken at 3:32 am.

http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/15466715_BG3.jpg

Look at this article:

http://www.uncoverage.net/2011/07/2...emocrats-san-diego-home-raise-more-questions/

snip

Back to July 11, the date of 6-yr-old Max Stacknai’s accident. Down the street, the location of Dina Stacknai’s home. Dina Stacknai, the estranged wife of Jonah Stacknai, mother of 6-yr-old Max.

According to a report from local CBS 8 affiliate, neighbors reported a ‘police disturbance’ at Dina Shacknai’s home on the day of Max’s accident. Missing from the report, when the ‘disturbance’ occurred?

What? Was this LE looking for DS? Or does this have something to do with LE being unable to find/reach DS for a few hours after Max's accident?

Young. Dark hair.

So the woman seen in the sedan in Coronado, could easily be DS sister, as she was in Coronado at that time. I wonder if Rebecca had any friends in Coronado, who may have stopped by to check on Max or see how Rebecca was doing?

I keep thinking about all the carting around of people Rebecca was doing - how awkward the situation, and how alone she really was. You'd think if she was internally upset enough to commit suicide so quickly, then she would show signs/admit she was in no position to be driving other people. Can't any of these people afford a taxi? I don't think she felt at fault for MS's accident. I think she probably thought she was being strong and helpful for the family. How sad.

Wonder what DS's twin sister wanted to talk to her about? Do they look so much alike you could mistake one for the other?

This is DS photo with kids. I think the AZ video mystery woman looks like her, so maybe that was the twin?

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?...0353713753696.423615.804183695&type=1&theater

That photo sure started my brain cells jumping. She uploaded that on 6/27 only a couple of weeks before the accident. Could that mean those two were there when the accident happened and were whisked out of town so they did not become involved? This just keeps getting more weird each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member