What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is right.....just because Jonah said he was at the gym does not prove that he was actually there. I find it odd that no one else has corroberated his "story"...........and there has been no proof that the teens actually flew out in the early am.

According to statements taken from RZ and XZ by LE, the only two people present at the time of Max's injuries were the two of them. Demanding proof of where JS and his other children were at the time is no different that the doctors questioning their statements about how Max was injured.

JMO

The Zahau's attorney, Marty Rudoy also said that "Max, Rebecca, and XZ" were there that morning and the plan was to go to the beach.

That is right.....just because Jonah said he was at the gym does not prove that he was actually there. I find it odd that no one else has corroberated his "story"...........and there has been no proof that the teens actually flew out in the early am.

I agree with this. Also, I feel that sdso has no alibi for him this time shows that they did not do a proper murder investigation but jumped to the politically expedient suicide ruling. Sdso should have examined the possiblity the Rebecca was murdered for revenge because of Max's accident. However, it appears they did not properly rule that out as they should have done, imo.

Why did you rush your case?
We had between seven and fifteen investigators, in addition to Crime Lab personnel, looking into this case for seven weeks exclusively. There was no ”rush to judgment,” there was simply a large number of resources dedicated to this investigation full time. For the first seven to ten days of this investigation, it was widely believed among investigators this case was more likely to be a homicide. As the evidence began to come in, however, that belief began to change. Ultimately, the evidence convinced everyone involved this case was a suicide. No “rush to judgment,” no “tunnel vision.”

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

Why did you rush your case?
We had between seven and fifteen investigators, in addition to Crime Lab personnel, looking into this case for seven weeks exclusively. There was no ”rush to judgment,” there was simply a large number of resources dedicated to this investigation full time. For the first seven to ten days of this investigation, it was widely believed among investigators this case was more likely to be a homicide. As the evidence began to come in, however, that belief began to change. Ultimately, the evidence convinced everyone involved this case was a suicide. No “rush to judgment,” no “tunnel vision.”

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

Under competent leadership this case would have been ruled undetermined as was suggested by several famed pathologists. Where there is poor leadership that shows an extensive history of faulty judgement and lack skill thereof then drastic mistakes are made, imo.

It was not just the leadership. "Ultimately, the evidence convinced everyone involved this case was a suicide."

It was not just the leadership. "Ultimately, the evidence convinced everyone involved this case was a suicide."

Ultimately, something convinced everyone involved that a determination of suicide would benefit the departments, at least in the short run.

--Evidence could be returned to the owners.

--No unsolved case nagging at them.

--Costs greatly reduced.

--No need to continue with lab testing, manpower
redirected to other cases.

--Perceived threat to the community reduced.

--No slump in tourism.

Ultimately, something convinced everyone involved that a determination of suicide would benefit the departments, at least in the short run.

--Costs greatly reduced.

--Threat to the community reduced.

--No slump in tourism.

The only problem is leaving a killer or killers to remain in the community, placing other innocent people at risk.

This kind of thing isn't so unusual. I can think of at least one wealthy family who used money, influence and skillful PR to protect its heirs when they were involved in the deaths of others:

Busch Family Mishaps: The Cocktail Pairings

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2011/01/busch_family_mishaps_the_cockt.php

--Costs greatly reduced.

--Perceived threat to the community reduced.

--No slump in tourism.

Do you have proof? How many tourist dollars exactly did Rebecca's suicide and Max's accident cause Coronado to loose? Please back that up with a link.
TIA

Do you have proof? How many tourist dollars exactly did Rebecca's suicide and Max's accident cause Coronado to loose? Please back that up with a link.
TIA

I don't have any stats for you, but I'll make my own case. I've visited Coronado with my family on two different vacations in the past, staying at the Del.

Though its a lovely place, there's no way I would return there after this scandal. No tourist wants to vacation in an area where there's so little faith in law enforcement. People want to feel safe on vacations.

The bickering has to stop. We don't out other posters. We don't put their personal info in posts. We don't insinuate that they post on other sites.

All of this is against TOS. Unfortunately for the posters that are serious about this case, a few other posters seem to ruin it everytime a discussion is started.

Its very frustrating.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members