Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that MR screwed up by using his phone that day after allegedly taking out the battery.

Phone records and at times other forensic testimony can drag on and breaks are needed to keep the jurors focused especially after the lunch break.

moo

If Rafferty got the original phone in 2007, does that area code make sense to where he lived? I'm confused. Isn't his area code 519 ?

Why would he have a 905 area code?

905 area code is huge

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_905"]Area codes 905 and 289 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The jury is returning.

RaffertyLFP: Con. Brady talked to Bell security official on June 2 asking him for Rafferty's original phone and video footage from Masonville on May 14

RaffertyLFP: Brady said police received video from 4:26 pm to 4:54 pm May 14 at Bell Masonville store

Brady says they were asking Bell for Rafferty's original phone, and security camera recordings from Masonville Mall.

They have the security tape. Showing the jury and the court now.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing the video at 4:36 pm on May 14

RaffertyLFP: Court sees Rafferty in video in Bell store talking to store employee

Why would he take a chance with TLM in jail?

There was likely nothing incriminating on the phone, so why would he get rid of it? LE can track records. The phone itself means nothing unless there is picture or video evidence, which is highly unlikely, so he probably did just want it replaced.

Otherwise he'd have disposed of it altogether IMO.

Now if we hear otherwise I'll be surprised.

MOO

There was likely nothing incriminating on the phone, so why would he get rid of it? LE can track records. The phone itself means nothing unless there is picture or video evidence, which is highly unlikely, so he probably did just want it replaced.

Otherwise he'd have disposed of it altogether IMO.

Now if we hear otherwise I'll be surprised.

MOO

what is point of crown bringing it up? confused.

RaffertyLFP: Video shows Blackberry being exchanged at counter video cuts off upper portion

Brady is describing the video. A man matching Rafferty's description waits in line, talks to other customers, and approaches the counter.

He speaks to a Bell employee behind the counter, who gives him some items.

what is point of crown bringing it up? confused.

I don't know unless they did find something on it that he thought he deleted.

Did he even change the number?

It sounds like MR's phone wasn't working, so Bell sent it to RIM to try to fix it. They couldn't so they replaced it.

Nothing much unusual from similar events that happen thousands of times a day in cellphone booths across Canada.

I would think the phone records haven't revealed anything of interest yet.........when characterized as "sleep inducing" by the Judge.

Just from the events of today, It could be that Judge Heeney wants the Crown to move ahead with it's case.

If I was to go to court, I could produce enough character witnesses to tie up the courtroom for the next 2 years........but it be repetitive and non productive.

Sometimes the Judge has to step in and move things along.

JMO.............

Or it could be that the legal arguments they haven't resolved are questions the Crown wants to ask the ladies and the Defense is objecting.IMO

I don't know unless they did find something on it that he thought he deleted.

Did he even change the number?

DNA??????????????? how many wash their bb????? K. I do but maybe he didn't???

Tip: lysol wipes are great!

RaffertyLFP Brady said police received video from 4:26 pm to 4:54 pm May 14 at Bell Masonville store

here is the tweets above they seem to be finally back in court ..as says above court is looking at video of Mr. @ bell store on May 14 ( hope the twitter date is correct this time) ...no twiters for ages today ..been watching...robynhood..5 mins ago .

RaffertyLFP: Video shows exchange of Blackberries, documents, customer resembling Rafferty signs document

The customer leaves the store. Exchanges documents with Bell employee.

The video ends.

I don't believe TLM when she said MR took the phone battery out. The reason why is because if MR took the battery out of his phone to stop tracking, i am sure he wouldn't put it back into his phone in Mount Forest??? JMO

He had requested GPS on his phone when he bought it in 2007, he obviously knew the phone could be tracked. So, he takes the battery out before leaving Woodstock, then puts it back in at some point, checks his voice mail, lets TLM use it to make phone calls, all the while knowing the phone was GPS enabled.

Then, he waits more than a month to return it? (and waits a month after TLM was arrested)

MOO

How does that even make sense?

GPS add-on doesn't mean your phone can be tracked. It means he requested GPS so he could figure out where he was going just like if you had it on your car. The tracking doesn't come from the GPS, it comes from the carrier and the records they keep. As of now, in canada there is a no way to track a stolen phone with gps.

Couple things...

He wanted a new phone. They offered to fix it and give him a loaner. His old phone was still at RIM... not fixed yet. At some point he would have gotten it back.

The dancing... somewhere it was said that he took dance lessons and after the lessons are done they make you an instructor. It's a job opportunity.

Waiting in line at Bell, talking to other customers. Another hookup?

Gotta wonder if he accessed his POF account from Mount Forest.

ew

RaffertyLFP: Brady said Rafferty's old Blackberry was sent to RIM and police got it back with a warrant

RaffertyLFP: The OPP e-crime section examined Rafferty's old phone but it had been wiped

Police eventually got Rafferty's blackberry. It was examined by e-crimes. The data had been wiped from the phone.

GPS add-on doesn't mean your phone can be tracked. It means he requested GPS so he could figure out where he was going just like if you had it on your car. The tracking doesn't come from the GPS, it comes from the carrier and the records they keep. As of now, in canada there is a no way to track a stolen phone with gps.

Okay, thanks for explaining.

Police also checked into Rafferty's mother's home phone, and Rogers account.

RaffertyLFP: Police examined records for Rafferty's home at 70 Tennyson Bill was made out to David Riddell - boyfriend of Rafferty's mother

Account was in the name of Rafferty's mother's boyfriend.

Phone records are put into evidence.

DNA??????????????? how many wash their bb????? K. I do but maybe he didn't???

Tip: lysol wipes are great!
My husband says I might be addicted to lysol wipes...I use those suckers on everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artemis Arrow