TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what bugs me about this. Shawn goes to work at 6am? An 8 hour shift with a one hour lunch break would put him getting off work at 3, half-hour lunch break would be 2:30. Not home from work, but clocking out. Work to home is about 25 miles, 30 minutes one way. General, average operating procedures for these kinds of jobs are 2 rest breaks and one lunch break.

Unless I am just on another planet, it goes out the window for me to believe Shawn would even get lunch at 1pm on this schedule, much less drive 30 minutes home to turn around and drive 30 minutes back, just to work for another hour. This workplace just doesn't strike me as the kind of place to have loose schedules and employees just coming and going as they please.

So, back to what bugs me, is why is it so difficult to pin down what IMO should be normal working hours, and not just for Shawn, but for BD also? IMO, with what they do for a living, there should be a regular routine of 'at work' and 'not at work'.

Good catch on the lunch time thing. My dh works from 6:30 til 3. Lunch is at 11am, and it is a 1/2 hour. So to add to your thoughts...imo in SAs type of work a 1/2 hr lunch (not an hour, which still wouldn't leave time to drive all that way), would be the norm. So yeah, that whole "home for lunch" thing sounds, well, fabricated.

You know, you could construct a story that Hailey was out walking that morning, and/or outside for a whole half hour in the yard, and that the shoes missing were flip flops that she ordinarily wore only around the house, and you could give people the impression that somebody had seen her outside - in the yard or walking in the alley - you know, some perv hanging around lurking - and that when she went back in the house and got all comfy in her flip flops that lurking pervy predator had come in the door that was always left unlocked and snatched her away.

You could just put out those little bits and pieces of the story and just wait for people to put those little pieces of bait out there and start screaming 'stanger abduction'. You know, just sort of lead them to it. Drop the hints all over.

Once you had come up with the story, of course.

Man oh man this really bothers me. All those story changes.

ETA: another of my championship level run on sentences there. :)

BBM. Otherwise known as being led on a wild goose chase and falling down the rabbit hole. Look there not here. Listen to Billie......

Nope, not gonna do it.

I still want to know where the rumor started that Hailey ran off with an older boyfriend. I also want to know what info was given to LE when she was reported missing. And I want to see that report. Sometimes kids are treated as runaways because that's what the parents say.

Do you remember who said that LE gave BD a new phone? It just seems odd for LE to replace anything being held in evidence. I seem to remember a post of cz's that gave me the impression that the new phone was perhaps provided by friends/neighbors. I do realize it was said that LE found an xbox for DD...but I thought it was more of a non-official act of kindness to a kid on the part of the officers. tia

I'll go look for the link. I remember that she specificly said that FBI gave Billie the phone. This was after we heard about SA's family members telling reporters that a lawyer had advised SA not to talk, but before the lawyer issued any statements.

lol, I hope the FBI did give BD a phone, lol. Oh waittttttttttt.............maybe she just figured out it was bugged and that's why the call 911 message came about, maybe it was to SA. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh hold on! We also heard about those mean LE taking her phone, but now they might haver given her one to replace it? People need to get their stories straight.

Before I am ready to call the Polygraph Examiner inexperienced I'd have to clear up a few things.

Initially it was only one of those tested (BD) who said that she and SA failed the test and were informed of such.

This was followed by family members claiming that FOUR people had failed. (I imagine they were trying to dilute the effect that BD/SA failing would have OR they were attempting to ridicule the test).

My frame of reference for the above is Cindy Anthony and the dogs hits in her garden ---- she claims the dogs were inconsistent (didn't hit on anything) because LE brought in a 2nd set of dogs.....Reality is the 2nd dogs confirmed the first dogs, not what is claimed by the family of the defendant.

LE, later mentioned the tests and the whole issue became murky. THIS is exactly what the objective was, but LE has the real story about the tests, the complete picture and the possible reasons will be clearer to them than us ----- Result..... not ready to call the LDT a tainted process just yet.

Good catch on the lunch time thing. My dh works from 6:30 til 3. Lunch is at 11am, and it is a 1/2 hour. So to add to your thoughts...imo in SAs type of work a 1/2 hr lunch (not an hour, which still wouldn't leave time to drive all that way), would be the norm. So yeah, that whole "home for lunch" thing sounds, well, fabricated.
If he works out in the field I would suppose there were times that he would be closer to home and could go home for lunch. Could be that SA told Billie that was what he was going to do that day?

I still want to know where the rumor started that Hailey ran off with an older boyfriend. I also want to know what info was given to LE when she was reported missing. And I want to see that report. Sometimes kids are treated as runaways because that's what the parents say.

That is a good point. It was Dec. 31st when a local posted here that the word "on the street" was that H had fled with an older boyfriend. The poster has since said that it was just gossip and no one believed it for long, but it must have been talked about for at least 3-4 days, which would effect how LE responded.

If he was smart enough to pull the battery and smart enough to try to make alibi's (going to work, using BD's phone, etc) he would be smart enough to NOT call anybody involved on his cell phone - did he use his mother's landline? or her cell? Is there a drug dealer or do they get the rx from "regular" people - maybe family members who have a legit prescription and are willing to sell it to them? Does BD's mother take the same type of rx?

Again I want to clear up what I know about cell phone pings and that I don't think SA was as "smart" as he's being given credit for in regards to the phone. A cell phone will NOT ping when it's simply turned OFF. Everything I've read indicates this and if anyone can find something to the contrary please direct me to it. In fact, LE can have a cell phone turned on remotely by the carrier when trying to locate a missing person who is believed to be carrying a cell phone so that they can try to get a ping.

So SA probably had no idea about pings and that his phone could be tracked even when he wasn't making or accepting calls/texts/emails, as long as the phone was turned on. He was probably confident that he didn't have the GPS feature turned on so he figured he was safe as long as he didn't use the phone. He may have believed that his phone could only be traced by making or answering calls which is why I believe he simply turned his phone off during the missing time period. He had just mysteriously left work and I'm sure that coworkers and his employer were calling and/or texting him to find out where he was and why he left. He did not want to answer these calls and since he had a blackberry, it would continue to alert him about missed calls and texts until he read them. I know many people who have blackberry's who simply turn the phone off when they do not want to be disturbed by repeated alerts on missed calls, e-mails or texts.

When he was finished whatever he was doing during that time frame and was safely at his Mom's, he likely turned the phone on to check on the calls and texts that he missed so that he could reply and the phone started pinging again.

I am hoping that he didn't feel the need to turn it off on the 28th but we just don't know. :(

MOO

Kamille, I agree with you in that he does not seem bright enough to think of cell pings ahead of time, but BD DID say she printed and brought home true crime stories to read at night. He could have gotten lots of ideas from those stories. :)

Well I found it in MSM that Billie was working a 12 hour shift that day (Monday). I guess she wasn't expecting anyone to find out she left work early and went and made a drug buy with Shawn.

I was saying this before, too. A 12 hour shift SHOULD put her working 7am to 7pm, because generally on a schedule like that lunch is thrown in and counted as 'working' time. I'll put it as MOO since the link seems to have vanished, but BD supposedly was picked up at work by Shawn at 5:45 pm on Monday.

Again, all MOO, but working 12 hour shifts, it does not seem likely it was 5 days a week, that would be 20 hours a week overtime, and who can afford that these days? Did BD have set days each week she worked, or did they vary? WHAT TIME did she NORMALLY get off work? Was it usual for Shawn to pick her up from work since they only had one vehicle? That, IMO, is a LOT of driving back and forth 25 miles one way, or hanging out waiting for her shift to end.

My whole point is did these people live such random, moment to moment, playing it by ear lives that even with the hindsight of her daughter missing, none of this strikes BD as the slightest bit odd or suspicious? I could understand it if they were hippies living in a commune growing 'wheat', but this makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If he was smart enough to pull the battery and smart enough to try to make alibi's (going to work, using BD's phone, etc) he would be smart enough to NOT call anybody involved on his cell phone - did he use his mother's landline? or her cell? Is there a drug dealer or do they get the rx from "regular" people - maybe family members who have a legit prescription and are willing to sell it to them? Does BD's mother take the same type of rx?

I've been wondering the same about the drugs. Wondering if most come from family members and friends.

If he works out in the field I would suppose there were times that he would be closer to home and could go home for lunch. Could be that SA told Billie that was what he was going to do that day?

A local might know if there would be any wells that close to BDs house. But your question reminded me that the field workers at my dh's company have company cell phones, and those phones are equipped with GPS tracking to make sure employees are where they are supposed to be as indicated on their time cards. I wonder if other companies do that.....

Again I want to clear up what I know about cell phone pings and that I don't think SA was as "smart" as he's being given credit for in regards to the phone. A cell phone will NOT ping when it's simply turned OFF. Everything I've read indicates this and if anyone can find something to the contrary please direct me to it. In fact, LE can have a cell phone turned on remotely by the carrier when trying to locate a missing person who is believed to be carrying a cell phone so that they can try to get a ping.

So SA probably had no idea about pings and that his phone could be tracked even when he wasn't making or accepting calls/texts/emails, as long as the phone was turned on. He was probably confident that he didn't have the GPS feature turned on so he figured he was safe as long as he didn't use the phone. He may have believed that his phone could only be traced by making or answering calls which is why I believe he simply turned his phone off during the missing time period. He had just mysteriously left work and I'm sure that coworkers and his employer were calling and/or texting him to find out where he was and why he left. He did not want to answer these calls and since he had a blackberry, it would continue to alert him about missed calls and texts until he read them. I know many people who have blackberry's who simply turn the phone off when they do not want to be disturbed by repeated alerts on missed calls, e-mails or texts.

When he was finished whatever he was doing during that time frame and was safely at his Mom's, he likely turned the phone on to check on the calls and texts that he missed so that he could reply and the phone started pinging again.

I am hoping that he didn't feel the need to turn it off on the 28th but we just don't know. :(

MOO

I'm in agreement with this, and have even thought it's possible his phone went dead and because of his activities he wasn't able to charge it until he got to his mom's. Maybe even there was a bit of a struggle that caused him to drop the phone and it turned off, and he didn't notice it until he went to use it.

Transcription of what Billie said to Hailey last night when the reporter told her to talk to Hailey.

I miss you so terribly much, Hailey. I can't tell you how much I miss you. I want you home so bad. um I would like to hope that you're out there, and you're able to come home whenever you're ready.

If not, and somebody has my daughter please let her go and please drop her off anywhere. Let me have her back. God gave her to me, and I want her back. I can't tell anybody how much I miss her.

Kamille, I agree with you in that he does not seem bright enough to think of cell pings ahead of time, but BD DID say she printed and brought home true crime stories to read at night. He could have gotten lots of ideas from those stories. :)

That's the point...he didn't read any information about cell pings catching killers obviously. He was likely only interested in the gruesome killing details of those stories anyway IMO.

A local might know if there would be any wells that close to BDs house. But your question reminded me that the field workers at my dh's company have company cell phones, and those phones are equipped with GPS tracking to make sure employees are where they are supposed to be as indicated on their time cards. I wonder if other companies do that.....

My husband works in the service industry and has a company-provided vehicle. It has a GPS tracker on the vehicle itself. It even has the capability of seeing how fast he is driving and how long he lets it idle in place. He also has a company provided Nextel (which doesn't have the cell phone part activated, just the walkie-talkie part).

If I had to guess, SA probably rode with someone in a company vehicle (or maybe even alone? I'm not sure how much experience he had) and may or may not have had a Nextel provided too.

BBM. Otherwise known as being led on a wild goose chase and falling down the rabbit hole. Look there not here. Listen to Billie......

Nope, not gonna do it.

Why o Why does ALL this bring back memories of the Haleigh Cummings case..JMHO

It is maddening. I am of the belief that the "come home for lunch" story was a huge fabrication. Logistically and logically, it makes ZERO sense for SA to come home for lunch. Shoot, he'd spend less on lunch than he would for gas.

This is the first I have heard of him coming home for lunch. He must have had a really LONG lunch break to drive from Snyder to C-City, eat, and then drive back to Snyder.

When/where did that all come out about him going home for lunch? I lived in C-City and went to college in Snyder. It wasn't a drive I would do between classes even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member