TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody please refresh my poor old failing memory. Jan 3 was the first time Billie was on NG. She said on that show that Shawn had come home from work the Monday Hailey disappeared, right? Then the next night on NG, NG asked her about it, and she said she had just found out that day, Jan 4, that Shawn had left work that Monday. Right?

So here's what's bugging me. The change in the time Hailey went missing from 1pm to 3pm. Billie said it was because she had assumed Shawn had come home for lunch at 1pm, but that she found out Dec 29, while LE was questioning her and Shawn, that wasn't the case.

So does that mean that on Dec 29, they're sitting there with LE, and the time comes up, and Billie says "1pm - that's the time Shawn always comes home for lunch - that's how I know what time.", and Shawn says "Oh no, honey, it was 3pm", and LE, who's sitting right there, doesn't ask "Oh! Well. What were you doing home from work in the middle of the afternoon at such a weird time that wasn't your normal time on the day that just happens to be the day that Hailey went missing at a time that just happens to be that exact time?"

Or... did LE indeed ask, and that's when, per the affidavit, Shawn said, "Well, officer, and honey, I quit my job on Monday morning because there was a big blow up, so I went to my mom's for the day, and I just happened to decide at 3pm (the time that Hailey just happened to go missing) to go home."

I soooooooooooo am confused. :maddening:

I have calls in to the Salvation Army.. I know they want to bring food and I hope to get them for this weekend. I also have a call in to GasNGrub here about tommorrow....going to try to get them to donate. Will keep yall up to date!

THANKS Redcat for helping and for keeping us informed!

Somebody please refresh my poor old failing memory. Jan 3 was the first time Billie was on NG. She said on that show that Shawn had come home from work the Monday Hailey disappeared, right? Then the next night on NG, NG asked her about it, and she said she had just found out that day, Jan 4, that Shawn had left work that Monday. Right?

So here's what's bugging me. The change in the time Hailey went missing from 1pm to 3pm. Billie said it was because she had assumed Shawn had come home for lunch at 1pm, but that she found out Dec 29, while LE was questioning her and Shawn, that wasn't the case.

So does that mean that on Dec 29, they're sitting there with LE, and the time comes up, and Billie says "1pm - that's the time Shawn always comes home for lunch - that's how I know what time.", and Shawn says "Oh no, honey, it was 3pm", and LE, who's sitting right there, doesn't ask "Oh! Well. What were you doing home from work in the middle of the afternoon at such a weird time that wasn't your normal time on the day that just happens to be the day that Hailey went missing at a time that just happens to be that exact time?"

Or... did LE indeed ask, and that's when, per the affidavit, Shawn said, "Well, officer, and honey, I quit my job on Monday morning because there was a big blow up, so I went to my mom's for the day, and I just happened to decide at 3pm (the time that Hailey just happened to go missing) to go home."

It is maddening. I am of the belief that the "come home for lunch" story was a huge fabrication. Logistically and logically, it makes ZERO sense for SA to come home for lunch. Shoot, he'd spend less on lunch than he would for gas.

I know this has been mentioned before on Hailey's thread but what is VERY, VERY infuriating to me is that there are so many people, parents, loved ones that would love to have the national coverage that BD has had. I'm infuriated because with all the help she has rec'd she can't seem to get out one CONSISTENT story. I just don't get it. When you log onto WS you see a blurb about Phylicia Barnes and how she needs exposure...I'm sure her family would love to have the exposure BD has had. I'm sure they would love MK to be there sitting by their side supporting them. I'll say it again...I just don't get it. This is your child...your shortcomings would be overlooked if you would just spit it all out...all of it. I think people would respect BD a heckuva lot more if she would just be 100% honest. It frustrates me to no end...can you tell?

There was talk about Billie assuming that SA had gotten off early that day. It brought up questions about his normal routine and if he got off early often.

Billie said she never asked him if he got off early she just assumed he had.
Billie says in one transcript how she found out about Shawn and his job I believe it was the 6 th transcript.
It seems the whole first week until the 2nd when the affidavit say the conversations with SA and LE took place that she was unaware where he was.
So from the 27th until the 2nd he never told a sole?

Also it seems the TR were involved on the 2nd.

I think he did tell her on 12/29, per cz... so maybe it came out during questioning?

Yes, this bugged me, too - about what she said on NG. I looked back over the NG transcripts and posted the direct quote eons ago on some buried thread, but Billie stopped herself on NG that first time that first night and changed it to 'he got to my house' rather than 'came from work' (ok, I'll go look it up) (bbm):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html
DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going MB's and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

There was talk about Billie assuming that SA had gotten off early that day. It brought up questions about his normal routine and if he got off early often.

Billie said she never asked him if he got off early she just assumed he had.
Billie says in one transcript how she found out about Shawn and his job I believe it was the 6 th transcript.
It seems the whole first week until the 2nd when the affidavit say the conversations with SA and LE took place that she was unaware where he was.
So from the 27th until the 2nd he never told a sole?

Also it seems the TR were involved on the 2nd.

According to cz, BD knew the "next day"... not sure if that was the day after walking away, or the day after Hailey went missing. But it wasn't a week later like we all originally thought.

Those 11 calls SA made around 9:30 a.m. - to reach an accomplice or to contact the drug dealer for later in the day?
6:30 a.m. to 9:38 (when the phone pings at his mom's) - unaccounted for which has to include the drive to his mother's. They should be able to narrow down a search area.
Probably left the phone at his mother's - returned to use BD's phone to send text message WRUD? - establishing an alibi - enough time to return to get his mom's to get the phone, return to BD's house around the time he "usually" gets there.

BBM

I've been thinking he had someone meet him (someone very close and trust worthy to sa) and that person took sa's phone to his mom's so that he could let it ping there while sa was prepping house or crime scene.? Then later sa returned to his mom's a picked up the phone. JAT.

To me, there are rarely so many coincidences with sa's phone and job and where he spent monday and tuesday. imo ba and sa could've had all sunday night to talk about a plan. They would go to work as planned for alibi. But I think sa thought know one would say anything about seeing him at the shop in the am. He just did'nt expect them to see him actually leave the premise. Part of their undoing was not co-ordinating what to say about why sa was'nt working. ba says she thought he was cuz they did'nt know someone saw him leave, to cover her ignorance she (they) say he was fired and when the supervisor contradicted that then sa gets looked at even more.

Gosh I sure feel for you today BeanE. You have spent alot of time trying to help us all figure out what happened. It's like a slap in the face hearing all this drivel from Haileys own mother. (not sayin' thats what upsets you.) I can't stand to hear or read what she has to say anymore. Though for Hailey I hope her name stays in the news. This suspect and his accompliace need to be brought to justice.

I have thought this was an argument gone bad but I can't shake the timeline for ba printing the crime stuff and sa's mask obsession and then this happening the day after christmas(i know she was reported monday but i think sunday is the real day), ba getting off work early monday to get to the atm and then pick up the drugs. I also cannot shake ba defending and protecting sa more than she seems to be worried about her daughter not being in her house anymore (I swear i see a thought bubble above her head of where Hailey really is, everytime she says that. imo) But I don't know why.

The trouble with the timeline or family not sticking to one, is that the main players were not at the same place at the same time. When Hailey went missing, or was reported missing, Shawn was the only one at the house. Billie was at work. The brother came by later. And Clint nor his g/f remember seeing her that day or the day before.
I think the time of "last seen" changes because LE is either unable to confirm WHO saw her last and WHEN, or possibly new info has come out that changes it.
Sometimes even family members have a hard time keeping the details straight, because that's human nature. They may remember something the next day that just didn't occur to them initially. And this is the problem with people believing Billie is being inconsistent with her stories... she didn't remember EVERY tiny detail right at first, but remembered it later on, so she adds it in or corrects something.
I doubt that many of us would be able to recall any particular day with concise details or exact times. I know I left the house yesterday afternoon about 12:30, and went to an appointment, then stopped by Wal Mart and got back home around 4 p.m. We live approx. 15 miles from Wal Mart, so 20-30 minutes drive time, depending on traffic. I cannot tell you the exact amount of time I was at either place. I know that my husband left early this morning for an appt. in Dallas. I don't know the exact time he left. I have no witnesses who can verify that he was asleep in the bed all night, or what time he got up. So, if he goes missing, I can't give them any more than that... I didn't take notes.

But the first thing you are going to do is ask your boyfriend or husband or who ever is "When did you see her?" And you are going to be going over and over and over that. It just does not fly that she didn't know immediately the exact time he last saw her! How do you even start looking or tell the police unless you have discussed when she was last seen?????????????

Until TES is allowed to help.....I'm not thinking any search efforts will be productive. And, do we know for certain that SA's moms and grandmas property hasn't been searched?

The trouble with the timeline or family not sticking to one, is that the main players were not at the same place at the same time. When Hailey went missing, or was reported missing, Shawn was the only one at the house. Billie was at work. The brother came by later. And Clint nor his g/f remember seeing her that day or the day before.
I think the time of "last seen" changes because LE is either unable to confirm WHO saw her last and WHEN, or possibly new info has come out that changes it.
Sometimes even family members have a hard time keeping the details straight, because that's human nature. They may remember something the next day that just didn't occur to them initially. And this is the problem with people believing Billie is being inconsistent with her stories... she didn't remember EVERY tiny detail right at first, but remembered it later on, so she adds it in or corrects something.
I doubt that many of us would be able to recall any particular day with concise details or exact times. I know I left the house yesterday afternoon about 12:30, and went to an appointment, then stopped by Wal Mart and got back home around 4 p.m. We live approx. 15 miles from Wal Mart, so 20-30 minutes drive time, depending on traffic. I cannot tell you the exact amount of time I was at either place. I know that my husband left early this morning for an appt. in Dallas. I don't know the exact time he left. I have no witnesses who can verify that he was asleep in the bed all night, or what time he got up. So, if he goes missing, I can't give them any more than that... I didn't take notes.

BBM

If you are talking about the day before as in Sunday, CD said she was at his house. And if you are talking about Monday, they said they didn't see her. The only info about "not remembering", came from here.

Here's what bugs me about this. Shawn goes to work at 6am? An 8 hour shift with a one hour lunch break would put him getting off work at 3, half-hour lunch break would be 2:30. Not home from work, but clocking out. Work to home is about 25 miles, 30 minutes one way. General, average operating procedures for these kinds of jobs are 2 rest breaks and one lunch break.

Unless I am just on another planet, it goes out the window for me to believe Shawn would even get lunch at 1pm on this schedule, much less drive 30 minutes home to turn around and drive 30 minutes back, just to work for another hour. This workplace just doesn't strike me as the kind of place to have loose schedules and employees just coming and going as they please.

So, back to what bugs me, is why is it so difficult to pin down what IMO should be normal working hours, and not just for Shawn, but for BD also? IMO, with what they do for a living, there should be a regular routine of 'at work' and 'not at work'.

But the first thing you are going to do is ask your boyfriend or husband or who ever is "When did you see her?" And you are going to be going over and over and over that. It just does not fly that she didn't know immediately the exact time he last saw her! How do you even start looking or tell the police unless you have discussed when she was last seen?????????????

And the thing is, he met her at the house. Did he go to the PD with her? Inquiring minds want to know.

I wish she would sit down and do an honest and open timeline. She doesn't have to show it to us, but I want her to give it to LE for sure. Because we know they don't a timeline. :floorlaugh:

And if she wants our help, she could print an extra copy and ask LE to black out the parts they don't want released, and then she could give the rest to the media.

why didn't he leave his phone at work to ping away all day?

re the polygraph tests, I would really like to know:

1. What kind of system was used? Was it the older (graph) system or the newer (computerized) one?

2. Who the examiner was and what is their experience with giving the tests (very important to the accuracy of reading the results. (really wish they waited for an FBI examiner to administer these tests)

3. Who actually "failed" the test versus inconclusive results (huge difference)

The key to any polygraph test is always the Examiner... Other than equipmet malfunction, any other "false Negative" results are always the fault of the examiner. Meaning that they either:

1. Didn't prep the examinee correctly (this is very imprtant)
2. read the charts wrong (lack of training and/or experience)
3. failure to understand the examinees emotional and physical state
4. poorly worded/vague questions

I have sat in on 2 of these tests (neither where criminally related). One was done on a 10 yr old child which had its own unique set of problems because before he could administer the test he had to be sure that this child could tell the difference between a lie and the truth, which he did with cards. He had him hold a card and asked him to say it wasn't the card he was holding (another words he asked him to lie). quick background on why a 10 yr old was being polygraphed is that he saw another classmate with a knife at school and heard him threaten to stab someone. He told (as he should have) and all He** broke loose. The other boy was suspended from school (this was 12 years ago) The other boys father threatened to sue the school so this boys mother went to a private emaminer on her own to protect both her child and the school. She knew her son was not lying (we all did actually) The mother is a good friend of mine and my son was in the same class so I went with them to give moral support. I knew nothing of polygraphs the day I walked in there with them. She chose Bernie Soldate in CT because she wanted someone with experience. He is a Private Investigator and had over 20 years experience in pg testing. He had also worked extensively with the state police on many cases with success. He was awesome with her son and explained everything that was happening to all of us, every step of the way. There was 2 hours of interview/talking/explaining before the test even started. Then he had to determine if he could be tested, then the test took at least another 2 hours. There were only 4 questions on the issue but there is much more to the test than just that. The results were "no deception on the issues". I thought taking a child this young to be pg was a bit extreme because at the time I honestly didn't understand how these tests work. But I will say this, once the written report on the results came back and shown the the other boys parents they did in fact get the boy (who had a lot of other problems too) the help he needed and he is now a young adult and has managed to stay out of trouble. My point is this turned out to be a win/win.

The second test was Job related for a friend and because of my first experience I highly recomended Bernie Soldate and also accompanied because honestly it just facinates me.

The LONG point I am trying to make is that something about 4 people (supposably/NOT verified) all failing pg's is just a red flag. And because I do have some understanding about how they work there are just so many variables with the examiner. If the pre-interview is not done correctly the whole test is corrupted. As well as many other things that can be either administered or read wrong.

This is really bugging me because I believe it's so important to establish who is or is not being truthful in this case. I would like to see all parties go back and be re-examined by an FBI expert....

Praying for Hailey and her family, may she be found soon.

ALL MOO...

why didn't he leave his phone at work to ping away all day?

That wouldn't have worked. His job was to service ?wells? or something like that. He had a mobile job at various work sites.

was Hailey in the shed when SA left? he was comfortable leaving the house and leaving BD alone with Hailey safe in bed?
If something happened to Hailey during the night, if she was alive she would tell her mother. Is she was not alive she would not be left in bed just in case BD checked on her to leave the phone or ask her something. If she found her dead in bed she would call police.
If her bed was made up to make it look like she was asleep and she was actually in the shed - if BD turned the light on and found it to be a pile of clothes and not Hailey she would think she had runaway. She would call SA and he would tell her it would be okay just go to work I will come home and look for her.
Since there was no call from Bd that H had runaway, he knows it is safe to return to the house - shed?
If in the shed and dead - dog would have picked up a scent?
If in the shed and alive - he could move her to his automobile and be off.

Here's what bugs me about this. Shawn goes to work at 6am? An 8 hour shift with a one hour lunch break would put him getting off work at 3, half-hour lunch break would be 2:30. Not home from work, but clocking out. Work to home is about 25 miles, 30 minutes one way. General, average operating procedures for these kinds of jobs are 2 rest breaks and one lunch break.

Unless I am just on another planet, it goes out the window for me to believe Shawn would even get lunch at 1pm on this schedule, much less drive 30 minutes home to turn around and drive 30 minutes back, just to work for another hour. This workplace just doesn't strike me as the kind of place to have loose schedules and employees just coming and going as they please.

So, back to what bugs me, is why is it so difficult to pin down what IMO should be normal working hours, and not just for Shawn, but for BD also? IMO, with what they do for a living, there should be a regular routine of 'at work' and 'not at work'.

Well I found it in MSM that Billie was working a 12 hour shift that day (Monday). I guess she wasn't expecting anyone to find out she left work early and went and made a drug buy with Shawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member