TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you... yes it was an area underneath that Clint had covered BD said... but MSM & NG had to sensationalize that LE were going to dig on her property! Then BD had told about area CD covered, I just hadn't heard if they found anything there:) and I thought I had read every post on every thread! :crazy:

My recollection is that BD stated on NG that SA had covered the hole where the dogs were trying to get under.

My recollection is that BD stated on NG that SA had covered the hole where the dogs were trying to get under.

No, it was CD...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html
DUNN: Because they asked if there was a way they could get under the home to search. And I told them, sure, we`ll get them under there. There was a place that Clint, when he was here, he boarded up a long time ago so the dogs couldn`t get under there. But I know where it is and we can get them under there.

Clint covered the hole and boarded it up. Still havent heard what they found if anything.. curious to know who's finger prints were on that last.

I have to tend to real world, wont be back until later...
Keep up the great work you wonderful sleuthers! ~Hugs around~
~Praying Hailey will be home when I return~

Searches HAVE NOT been stopped....another search is set for tommorrow and then the weekends.

Searches HAVE NOT been stopped....another search is set for tommorrow and then the weekends.

Are the searchers sick of pizza yet? Do they still need food donations for the weekends?

The whole case seems to be getting no where. I think they need a new approach.
I really would like to see somebody get all these folks from the surrounding area of Haileys house in one room and start talking to them. Neighbors with neighbors.
Somebody saw something.

I wonder if LE has enlisted the help of a physchologist to interview everyone. If not, they should seriously consider it. I'm of the opinion that if your best sources, meaning friends, family, and neighbors, are in denial or worse, LE is never going to get anywhere. I don't mean this to come off as judgemental or bashing the family, but someone experienced in dealing with addicts and their behavior would be my choice. There had to have been some prior phychological or behavioral issues if SA or BD was already taking medication before Hailyey's disappeared.

I have to believe that if SA left his phone turned on Dec 28th that LE are conducting searches based on information they have from the pings. I wonder where they are searching? I can't believe they're just sitting around at their desks waiting for volunteers to find something. I suppose that's the good thing about this being a small town and the fact that there are no investigative reporters snooping around. They are free to conduct their investigation in relative secrecy.

MOO

I wonder if LE has enlisted the help of a physchologist to interview everyone. If not, they should seriously consider it. I'm of the opinion that if your best sources, meaning friends, family, and neighbors, are in denial or worse, LE is never going to get anywhere. I don't mean this to come off as judgemental or bashing the family, but someone experienced in dealing with addicts and their behavior would be my choice. There had to have been some prior phychological or behavioral issues if SA or BD was already taking medication before Hailyey's disappeared.

I doubt that they have done that, but I know that I would be happy to go and I work with several of the best Forensic Psychologists the state of Texas has to offer and we are only about 3 or 4 hours from CC.

No new news :( I guess BD bowed out of NG before the real heat came on her. IMO Wonder if NG will cover any more?

Where is Hailey? Hoping she will be found today!

Well the local "news" isn't going to dig and find anything out that's for sure, so without NG and her people there to ask the hard questions I think this is what we can expect. Shame really...it's a golden opportunity for some hungry local reporter to move up, but I guess there aren't any around.

Not for sure, but that is a neighborhood where there is a Pitbull stationed in the back yard of nearly every house ! And rumor has it where there are bad dogs there are Bad Dogs ! JMI

O/T perhaps, but I have to defend my beloved pit bulls from being called bad dogs! In the hands of loving responsible owners you will never find a more loyal and affectionate breed!
I do agree, however, that chained up, unsocialized and unsupervised in some shady character's back yard, a pit bull (or any large dog) could pose a danger to a wandering child.... it's one of the reasons I advocate for responsible ownership of the breed. Being the status symbol of choice for thugs of all types has done the pit bull a major injustice!

That said, I would probably just reverse the quote.... "where there are Bad Dogs, there are bad dogs..."
And I agree, IMO its possible someone could try to cover up a fatal dog incident, it just doesn't seem likely in this case. Hailey seems to have been pretty familiar with her walking routes, and most likely knew which houses had scary dogs. If one got loose and attacked her on her way somewhere there most likely would have been irrefutable evidence of such.....

I hope they haven't hit a dead end. It is starting to feel like Haleigh Cummings and Kyron
and Zahra Baker---where it SEEMS like we can see where the case is headed, and it just stops. It is so frustrating to feel that feeling all over again now.

And Hasanni. :anguish:

It takes me a while to put things together.

Remember when LE said that they hadn't told anyone if they'd passed or failed their polygraphs?

Well, I thought they were talking about Billie and Shawn. But...

On that same day, January 7, family members told KTXS that *four* people had failed their polys.

I think those family members were mistruthificatin'. I bet only Billie and Shawn failed. And I bet that's what LE was talkin' about.

Betcha a :beagle:

I have a love/hate relationship with timelines. Just sayin'.

This case is sooooooooo frustrating. It's like a yoyo. Back and forth. Good info bad info.

Are the searchers sick of pizza yet? Do they still need food donations for the weekends?

I have calls in to the Salvation Army.. I know they want to bring food and I hope to get them for this weekend. I also have a call in to GasNGrub here about tommorrow....going to try to get them to donate. Will keep yall up to date!

Not for sure, but that is a neighborhood where there is a Pitbull stationed in the back yard of nearly every house ! And rumor has it where there are bad dogs there are Bad Dogs ! JMI

OT I guess, but I have to stick up for Pit bulls. I have one that I rescued from our local animal shelter and she is the sweetest dog in the world. A mix between a black lab and a pit bull. She was abused and has many scars, both that you can see, and emotional scars. However, in her time with us (almost 4 years) she has become a wonderful addition to our family, and we are teaching her that she can trust and feel love safe from harm.

K, stepping down from my soap box now. Just wanted to say, these dogs get a bad rap, and it's not always fair.

(snipped)
...I think, IMO BD may have been told by LE or Marc Klaas to not bash SA or say negative things due to it will only P' him off at her.. maybe she still has hope that he will keep texting here and there and give her some information. ...(snipped)

I am sure that is why LE gave her the new phone right away. I don't think SA realized that at first but he does have a lawyer now, and I would be shocked if that lawyer hasn't warned him that every word he says is being scrutinized by authorities

Right now, Billie Dunn is LE's best asset because without her willingness to encourage SA to talk, communication from him would be a great big zilch. SA's lawyer doesn't seem to be doing much of anything except trying to keep SA's mouth shut. BD is not hiding from anyone; SA is.

When your client is innocent, you shout it from the rooftops and you make sure you look good for the close-ups...best free advertising a defense lawyer can get!
All MOO

Good morning all. I've come across and expansive and (imo) useful study on missing children that I think is useful in a number of ways. First, it provides insight into how LE treats a missing child report. Next, it provides useful statistics (which also sheds light on LE protocol). And, I think it can provide some measure of perspective for those of us who feel as though our kids and grandkids face constant danger whenever they walk out the door. Hope at least some of you find it useful as well.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_overview.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member