GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOH, Nick never mentioned he was an RSO, not surprising at all....but did he ever mention that he had been in prison? If so may I ask what he alleged he was in for? Thank you VOH for dealing with all the curious minds here....TIA

He is not on parole or probation any longer hes pretty much free to come and go as he pleases except near kids. JMO
Right, I get that he's not on probation nor parole. My question (and lack of knowledge) is whether RSOs are legally allowed to frequent public establishments that serve alcohol. I think they should not be allowed. JMO. Perhaps it differs by state, or is on a case by case basis. IDK.

Right, I get that he's not on probation nor parole. My question (and lack of knowledge) is whether RSOs are legally allowed to frequent public establishments that serve alcohol. I think they should not be allowed. JMO. Perhaps it differs by state, or is on a case by case basis. IDK.

Yes they are allowed as long as they are no longer on probation or parole!
They can drink and go in bars..

I don't think that Pointdexter has to do with Kelli's disappearance but I definitely think that he knew Nick prior to Froggy's. I can't accept that it is just a coincidence that we find a photo of Nick at Pointdexters and that there is no connection. They just happened to take pictures on one of the nights he was there and decided to post it up on their site. Not likely...

Not that there is anything wrong with him having compassion for Nick and all. I just don't trust the owner now that I have found out he abandoned his kids from 3 different women and skipped his DUI hearing. I would not be surprised at all if he was paying Nick under the table and knew he lived in a tent behind the bar. IMO

" Quote:
Military officials said Kelli Bordeaux made phone calls and sent text messages after she left the bar and gave no indication she was in trouble "

That sounds bogus. I'm quite sure all authorized law enforcement authorities are working in conjunction with each other and not playing lone wolf with the press. If I was in charge of investigating this case, and something like this came out, I would get on the military liaison officer's butt and demand an explanation as to why the military were not cooperating with local authorities.

IMO, NH is the culprit and everything has been solidified short of finding the actual body. A 100,000 bond for FTR is high, even in NC, and they just want to make sure he's not going anywhere. This case should be highlighted to come up with new, harsher laws to force on registered sex offenders in the next legislation, including increasing the restriction limit and the penalties for non-compliance to minimum felony levels much higher than they are now. Also, GPS should be mandated for all offenders off paper, paid for by the offenders themselves. Had Nick worn GPS that night, then there would be no question of his actions, and that may have even prevented him harming KB because he would be concerned about his tracking.

Just going through all the photo's of Poindexters....I see him in the 2010 Highlights also.

Well i think once you do your time and prove you can behave yourself outside then
you have paid your dues.

I dont think sex offenders should be out at all except the ones that get jailed cause their GF is a year younger then him JMO

all the rest should never come out again one time is the only time!they should never be let out to reoffend they always do! JMO

Eileen, our jails and prisons have a revolving door. I agree when a person is done doing their time, then they are off paper and punishment is over. I just think that many laws should be stricter, especially those involving the innocent...such as children, old folks, those in a position of trust and animals too. I cannot tell you how many we would have in jail and it would be the same names, the same family over and over. let them out, next ...in they come. Very old and very frustrating actually. Have you ever looked at the beautiful children of an inmate in a visiting room, so sweet...so sad. And you know they are more than likely going to be an inmate someday, and sure enough...it happens it really does....so sad

Yes they are allowed as long as they are no longer on probation or parole!
They can drink and go in bars..
Considering that alcohol is well-known to lower inhibitions, and that (IMO) sex crimes are crimes of violence, and that commonly, those on probation (and parole? maybe I was mistaken), even for non-violent crimes but especially for violent crimes, are usually restricted from being in establishments that serve alcohol...

Well then, why is it legally OK for RSO's? :banghead:

I realize that enforcement is a separate issue, and also that deterrment often does not work, unfortunately.

RSO's should all have ankle monitors for life, IMO.

Sorry for the rant (not really), but at least it is on topic with regards to NH.

I don't think that Pointdexter has to do with Kelli's disappearance but I definitely think that he knew Nick prior to Froggy's. I can't accept that it is just a coincidence that we find a photo of Nick at Pointdexters and that there is no connection. They just happened to take pictures on one of the nights he was there and decided to post it up on their site. Not likely...

Not that there is anything wrong with him having compassion for Nick and all. I just don't trust the owner now that I have found out he abandoned his kids from 3 different women and skipped his DUI hearing. I would not be surprised at all if he was paying Nick under the table and knew he lived in a tent behind the bar. IMO

I might be wrong, but aren't the photos linked to an individual's Google+ page? I assumed that person took the pic, posted it as one of his favorites, and linked the page to Poindexter's site.

Ankle monitors would work, but the volume of a work force you would need to monitor those monitors would be immense. And sadly they are not fool proof. Yes you can go back and see where they have been after the fact. So yes if they committed a crime or in Nicks case you would be able to track him right to the door of the bar. But...they are costly and the manpower would be off the hook.

I see that Todd was on the same page as me, while I was typing (and angsting). :)

Ankle monitors would work, but the volume of a work force you would need to monitor those monitors would be immense. And sadly they are not fool proof. Yes you can go back and see where they have been after the fact. So yes if they committed a crime or in Nicks case you would be able to track him right to the door of the bar. But...they are costly and the manpower would be off the hook.

LOL well they put one on that violent criminal Martha Stewart! LOL

Since Nick was so young when he entered prison, after serving five years, he was released when he was only 21 or 22 in 2008. His age would make for an easy transition for him to begin to hang out in bars as he had just reached legal age. :waitasec: Even if he didn't drink.

It seems to me though that the Froggy crowd is more the 35-50 age group and beyond - so how and why does he fit in with them? Maybe he's affiliated somehow with one of the older folks and began going there due to an established relationship he had. It's puzzling how he could hide his background though considering he's from the area. Most 21 yo would hang with a below 30 crowd which kind of makes me wonder why Kelli at 23 was attracted to that place too. I know we've been over the proximity of the bar to her place, pool table, karaoke and all that, but still. She does seem sort of out of place there. :twocents:

Since Nick was so young when he entered prison, after serving five years, he was released when he was only 21 or 22 in 2008. His age would make for an easy transition for him to begin to hang out in bars as he had just reached legal age. :waitasec: Even if he didn't drink.

It seems to me though that the Froggy crowd is more the 35-50 age group and beyond - so how and why does he fit in with them? Maybe he's affiliated somehow with one of the older folks and began going there due to an established relationship he had. It's puzzling how he could hide his background though considering he's from the area. Most 21 yo would hang with a below 30 crowd which kind of makes me wonder why Kelli at 23 was attracted to that place too. I know we've been over the proximity of the bar to her place, pool table, karaoke and all that, but still. She does seem sort of out of place there. :twocents:

Maybe these were the only ppl he could fit in with.
And Kelly does seem out of place there but many girls like bad boys!
JMO

I remember when i went thru my wild days and loved the biker bad boys LOL

Let me explain Eileen....there is house arrest which is basic ISP. That is where you cannot go far out of your home or it calls in to the alarm system people. They then call the sheriff dept...then we call the inmate and say...where were you...they say took out trash....then we call alarm people and have them reset. That is very basic drift of it.

Then their is SCRAM, that is for alcohol violators who are on house arrest. They have a certain time just like ISP that they must be home. They have a set time they can leave home to go to work. They have a small window for error or traffic. The unit is attached to their home phone.

Then there is GPS...that takes work. You usually have 12 offenders. They are yours. You are their Case Manager. They also answer to their Parole officer. But with GPS, you make sure they make meetings, go to work, arrive home. Follow up with bosses. They call sign out, tell you when leaving, sign in tell you when home. They cannot accept any rides. You watch them as they head to where they are going. You check on them throughout the day and night. Its INTENSE. If they are not where they belong you advise their PO. and then you hunt them down. That is unless they cut it off. Then you have a runner, escapee...So that is the very very very short of it....

No, in fact I disagree to a point. I think Poindexter knew of his existance. I think he felt sorry for him in a way. But, I place no blame on Poindexter. Having compassion for another human when down on their luck, or wanting to have somewhere to fit in is not a crime, just the opposite. I do not believe he knew of his RSO status.... So just the opposite actually, I feel for the guy. Remember his life is uprooted due to this carp. Many will flame me for this, but I cannot help but feel for him and especially for his loved ones. IMHO

BBM:

I feel absolutely NO sympathy for anyone who owes $400,000 in child support OR skips out on his DUI hearing. My son would be alive today if a drunk driver had not hit him.

I'm personally glad this guy is in jail along with Nick.

**My post is kind of O/T and please, I am not asking for sympathy. I literally detest drunk drivers as well as men who do not support their children!

It's obvious that the real cure would be a spiritual one...

But also combined with true rehabilitation and educational tools...

Since we're talking generic crime now...our society and economy needs to change where everyone can live a decent life (food, shelter, water, safety, etc., plus some extras).

That said, IMO, most people won't change for the better unless they want to, or are forced to.

So I'm ready for a global, forced, spiritual change and enlightenment for everyone. ;)

Maybe she likes bikes and the people that ride them?

I don't think she seemed out of place...unless stereotypes come into play...and we don't really know her.

I dunno, Tammy.

Is it common or standard that RSO's are allowed to frequent bars and other public places that serve alcohol? I thought that probation and parole entailed a restriction from such (with the presumed intent that being in public places that serve alcohol may make it more likely for "trouble"). So it would make sense (to me) for RSO's as well. IDK.

He had been released from parole. The only things he would be mandated to do by law are that he is required to register his address when he moves (which he failed to do). Also, I would assume there is a stipulation in his RSO status that he cannot live or hang out near a school or park where children frequent.

He served his time that he was sentenced to. He obviously followed his parole requirements as his PO released him from parole. Going forward - he is a Lifetime RSO - and required to, for the remainder of his life, register his address when he moves. I am sure no one he befriended at the bars knew of his status. It's not like he's going to go about shoutin "hey! I sexually assaulted a little girl when I was 16!'" Won't win him any friends - and more than like would have released him from requirement to register any address.. cuz we know where some of people would have wanted to put him, hm?

Anyways - I am NOT defending him, so ANY offender. I am only saying that no one would know unless he told them, or they actually ran his name and it came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419