Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why she was taken?

I read somewhere that there is a market for young children to be adopted.
I find it strange, however, that they didn't take either of the younger children, since most people want very young children/babies to adopt.

I can't imagine what this family is going through.
To have your child kidnapped in a foreign country, where you don't
know the layout and nothing is familiar....that is so scary.

From everything I've read -- various British newspapers online -- the door was not locked. IIRC, it was the patio door. Sorry, no links. But if you Google Madeleine's name in the news section, you will get zillions of links to the Daily Mail, London Times, and other newspapers -- the info is somewhere in there.

fr. your typewriter to God's fax machine!

wont be long before his ex-wife get a visit from the police, i guess.
OTOH, maybe he didnt visit them at all.

to my mind, it was most likely an english-speaker who (seeing the parents at dinner without the children) went to their apartment and said something that enticed Maddy to open the door (unless it's an inside job by an employee with a key).

Personally, I can think of only 3 reasons to kidnap a child: pedophilia, ransom, and "adoption". Being that truth is stranger than fiction, I am sure there are more reasons ... like revenge ... but that reason doesn't seem to fit this case.

Any thoughts on why she was taken?

I read somewhere that there is a market for young children to be adopted.
I find it strange, however, that they didn't take either of the younger children, since most people want very young children/babies to adopt.

I can't imagine what this family is going through.
To have your child kidnapped in a foreign country, where you don't
know the layout and nothing is familiar....that is so scary.

Police Announce Formal Suspect in Case of Missing U.K. Girl

Sky News has learned that Briton Robert Murat is being treated as a formal suspect by police investigating the abduction of 4-year-old Madeleine McCann.

"There is a suspect" in the case, a spokeswoman for the judicial police said, without giving any further details.

Murat was questioned with two other people Monday night and released.

Murat lives with his mother in a villa 100 meters from the apartment where Madeleine was abducted. The building was sealed off and searched yesterday morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272395,00.html

This is not sounding good...they must have real reason to believe he's the one. So where is Madeleine???????? :(

The Portugese police are supposed to have a press conference at 1830 - 6:30 pm their time.

US Eastern time, that is 1:30 p.m.

He had major access to the police files etc due to him being an interpreter for them and also was in the room where Maddie was taken from! Me feels a claim as to how his dna may have came to be in ther coming on!

I just have a really bad feeling this guy has something to do with this. I am HOPING (please God let it be this) that he kidnapped her and took her to his wife and that is why he mentioned having a 4 year old daughter that looks like Madeline. So then she can be rescued and returned safely....only in a perfect world?.. I don't know I just don't want to think anything else other then that right now because it's just heartbreaking. But yes the way he is so interested in this is odd and it does raise red flags..

I sure hope this is the case, Mygirlsadie...

I believe it was mentioned that he was fighting for custody of his daughter back in England; could be he inserted himself into the investigation as a translator in order to advance his case with the judge in the custody case. Maybe he hoped to make himself more important than he was to bolster his self esteem. Or could he have taken Madeleine as a replacement for the little girl back home? Or could he have convinced himself that Madeleine was his daughter all along? I'm constantly checking the Internet with hopes that this case will be solved - finally, it was on FoxNews.com and Cnn.com. :clap:

I just have a really bad feeling this guy has something to do with this. I am HOPING (please God let it be this) that he kidnapped her and took her to his wife and that is why he mentioned having a 4 year old daughter that looks like Madeline. So then she can be rescued and returned safely....only in a perfect world?

I sure wish it were a perfect world. I read the wife and kids back in England were taken into protective custody last night, the media and public descended upon their home.

Someone else mentioned an unlocked door, not so sure about that as the only thing amiss mentioned about the room they had was an open window when they returned.

This case is way sad. The only resolution I want to hear is that they have an alive Maddie going back to her parents and siblings.

:(

Oh really? He flew to England a few days ago so I hear. I wonder what that was all about?

I sure wish it were a perfect world. I read the wife and kids back in England were taken into protective custody last night, the media and public descended upon their home.

Someone else mentioned an unlocked door, not so sure about that as the only thing amiss mentioned about the room they had was an open window when they returned.

This case is way sad. The only resolution I want to hear is that they have an alive Maddie going back to her parents and siblings.

:(

The very first link to this mentions the front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it.

If LE has had this suspect under electronic surveillance for a week, then they probably have a something more than what they are releasing to the public. Let's hope they are holding their cards close to their vests. If it means returning Madeleine to her parents, then keep doing what works.
If the videotape of him with the other two at the Petro Station shows a small child, then they have something to go with. But I guess the laws in Portugal are certainly different than here so we need to be patient. But this is nervewracking. I keep hoping that CNN or Fox will break in with news of her being found in a house somewhere, or closet, or car. I'm still debating about having microscopic chips hidden in a child's body to track their whereabouts - sounds totally high-tech and very invasive - but maybe it should have a shelf life of 18 years and then dissolve. I just feel that we protect our cars so much more than our innocent children. But would this invasive procedure lead parents and caregivers to be less vigilent?

The very first link to this mentions the front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it.

Thanks so much for reposting the info. Geez, the perp(s) had a lot of time to mess around like that. With that much going on, I don't know, you kind of have to wonder if Maddie awoke and was looking for her parents, tried to get out to look for them, or did get out to look for them. Seems a lot of evidence would be left by a perp for all the action described. :confused:

But would this invasive procedure lead parents and caregivers to be less vigilent?
I don't think so; no one (I believe) would want their child abducted for a minute, even if they knew they could find him or her within hours. (A lot of irreversible damage can be done in a very short time.):(

I'm still debating about having microscopic chips hidden in a child's body to track their whereabouts - sounds totally high-tech and very invasive - but maybe it should have a shelf life of 18 years and then dissolve. I just feel that we protect our cars so much more than our innocent children. But would this invasive procedure lead parents and caregivers to be less vigilent?
Funny you should mention that, I brought up that thought to my husband the other day and he looked at me like I was nuts!! He said he wasn't sure he would allow our kids to be "microchipped" but I wouldn't be surprised if it's offered sometime in the near future.

This maybe a strange question but I just skimmed over the posts...... WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH was a 4 year old and two 2 year olds left ALONE?

Here in Oregon if you leave your child "unattended "for a min while you run into a mini mart the cops can take them from you and Oregon has very strict laws ..... most likely you won't get your child back!

I am not saying the parents were wrong with what they did I am just asking a question..... anyone???

This maybe a strange question but I just skimmed over the posts...... WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH was a 4 year old and two 2 year olds left ALONE?

Here in Oregon if you leave your child "unattended "for a min while you run into a mini mart the cops can take them from you and Oregon has very strict laws ..... most likely you won't get your child back!

I am not saying the parents were wrong with what they did I am just asking a question..... anyone???
No, Seahorse, it is not a strange question at all. I do not understand it either. A lot of us on here do not...but it is done and dusted as they say.. From what I read the resort offered a sitter service and the McCanns appear to be a reasonably affluent family who could easily afford a sitter or nannny. Here if children had been left in this situation the wraith of the law and Social Services would be on their backs.
This is a sad situation and I think that the family will have to carry the guilt of leaving Maddie forever.It is a terrible and tragic situation but one that may well have been avoided .I feel for the parents as the pain must be just hideous.
I hope that poor Maddy is returned safe and well but deep inside I doubt that a happy ending will result.:confused: :confused:
Sometimes things happen that are just to agonising to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member