*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suddenly wish I knew the plot/story to the Dark Knight. I'm going to have to read about it.

Since James Holmes' only spoken indication of his "dark side" was saying, "i am the joker" does anyone know exactly what the jokers MO is in this movie??? Does he use explosives, create traps for LE, etc? I'm just wondering if this guy is emulating something and wondering if he hasn't rigged more surprises to come. I really know NOTHING about Batman and am regretting that now!

The Joker's motive was to create chaos, which he succeeds in doing to some extent. The apt quote is something along the lines of "Some men like to watch the world burn." He does use explosives (both successfully and unsuccessfully) and creates traps for LE in a more roundabout way. The Joker does not rig an apartment to blow but uses a cellphone bomb to escape from the jail while most of the police and Batman are trying to rescue two District Attorneys in separate locations rigged with oil (or kerosene or gasoline, do not remember if it was specified) drums.

One irony to keep in mind is that Batman's origin story is that he watched a mugger murder his parents by shooting them so he does not use guns. He is suppose to be more of a thinking superhero.

It is also not the Joker who is the Batman villain that has red hair - it is the Riddler but he has not appeared in any of the recent Batman movies, only in one of the ones in the 90s.

Okay, found a number of research papers discussing MicroRNA (MiRNA aka micro ribonucleic acid) biomarkers and possible correlation to various psychiatric disorders, to include but not limited to schizophrenia, bipolar, and autism. These papers primarily address MicroRNA dysregulation.

Here ( link ) is a peer-reviewed paper that is freely accessible.

MiRNA appears to be quite closely tied to genetic research, which is one of the many reasons I was trying to find more. Esp considering that this guy not only rigged his apartment but didn't suicide and immediately clammed up after telling LE about his place. I admittedly came away wondering if he had much, much, more nefarious plans, such as some sort of bioweapon, up his sleeve. Or rather, in his apartment.

Being totally unfamiliar with this field, I remain at a loss. However, since there are so many incredibly bright folk here, am hoping someone can/will clarify whether (or not) this is even something to be concerned about.

ETA ~ there is also this customer review ( link ) which indicates he was playing around with binding "something" to neural stem cell substrates.

Hi everyone,

I have to say this is a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

When James Holmes left the cinema to get his weapons, did he leave the fire door propped open?

How long did the shooting last?

Any ideas if he had been to that cinema before?

I don't know if this has been bought up.....by the org. " to write Love on her arms" says that in one of the tv interviews in front of the parents (shooters) home yesterday....that bumper sticker was on their car.....TWLOHA.

You can read their statement on their web site.

Hi everyone,

I have to say this is truly a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

When James Holmes left the cinema to get his weapons, did he leave the fire door propped open?

Yes he propped the door ajar.

Shooting lasted only a couple minutes.

He's probably been to that theater several times would be my guess. He'd probably at least driven around it a few times and I bet even watched movies and went out the back door to see what happens. But that's just a guess.

Not releasing the mugshot and covering his head while getting booked is disturbing me for some reason.

I feel that they would want the public to see that this disgrace is in the right spot; jail.

It disturbs me too, I wonder why we are not allowed to see his face...

Not releasing the mugshot and covering his head while getting booked is disturbing me for some reason.

I feel that they would want the public to see that this disgrace is in the right spot; jail.

I am thinking he disfigured himself or someone helped tatoo him or something that LE must find out how/when etc.
All other mass murderers that were captured always had mugshots released.

An eyewitness said;

“From what we saw he wasn’t alone, he had somebody with him. A second can of tear gas came from the other side… what he was wearing was thick, so I think he would stand out in a crowd”.

James Holmes Possible Second Shooter in tragic Batman Denver Shooting Eyewitness Account - YouTube

I don't have an exact MSM link but I thought he bought a ticket, came into #9, went out fire door and proped it open so he could get back in. At which time, I thought he went to his car, dressed in full body armour, got his guns and came back in.

Hi everyone,

I have to say this is truly a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

Witnesses said the shooting lasted only a short time, maybe one to two minutes, but it seemed like forever.

Obviously he been to the theatre before to know the lay of it, where to park his car, and how to get in and out of the door.

I haven't heard if he propped the door. I wouldn't think he did although he probably fixed it so it would close but not lock, which can be done by putting tape or taping cardboard or a slime credit card over the latch hole.

When people say he propped the door, do they mean he left it wide open? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I cannot imagine the agony his parents are feeling. They are his victims, too.:moo:

What were his plans after committing the murders and trying to blow up his apartment? Get arrested? Leave the country? Did he have any aliases set up?

That is what I was trying to say earlier. The Riddler, on the other hand, had red hair. The Joker's hair is green!

Could be based off the comics though?

Here is from a part of Dark Knight, where a character in the story starts shooing in a movie theater.

cAKMD.jpg

Twitter is a flurry of comic related posts.

Yes he propped the door ajar.

Shooting lasted only a couple minutes.

He's probably been to that theater several times would be my guess. He'd probably at least driven around it a few times and I bet even watched movies and went out the back door to see what happens. But that's just a guess.

Thanks Benny.

This picture just shows how close his car and the fire exit was.

He does seem like an organised guy, so as you say, he probably has good knowledge of that particular cinema.

If his motive is due to frustrations concerning his education, why did he target a cinema? Unless, of course, he just went for an easy option of a packed crowd in the middle of the night. Anyways, I'm sure his motive will come out in due course.

Thanks Benny.

This picture just shows how close his car and the fire exit was.

He does seem like an organised guy, so as you say, he probably has good knowledge of that particular cinema.

If his motive is due to frustrations concerning his education, why did he target a cinema? Unless, of course, he just went for an easy option of a packed crowd in the middle of the night. Anyways, I'm sure his motive will come out in due course.

That is what I am wondering too. He was struggling academically, but chose a movie theater to attack.

AURORA - The father of the six-year old who was killed in the movie theater shooting told 9NEWS that his daughter meant more to him than anything in the world.

More at link, including a photo of this precious little girl

Holmes had help: Aurora shooting witnesses indicate potential accomplices ( link )
Rustyn Rose
Examiner. July 21, 2012

Corbin Date was seated in the second row of the Century 16 theater in Aurora, Colo. when Holmes entered the theater. Date told the press and authorities that he saw the alleged shooter, James Holmes take a seat in the front row near the exit door. Holmes acted as if he received a phone call and went to the emergency door which opened onto the parking lot. Date told police it appeared as if Holmes was waving someone else to the door before he stepped outside.

[...]

Date described the shooter as approximately 5’9”. Holmes stands 6’3”, a full half foot taller. While it is easy to misgauge height under such circumstances, it is a noticeable difference.

Another witness, seen in the video at left, stated a second canister was thrown from the opposite side of the theater indicating a potential accomplice as well.

Comment: This may be why they're not releasing his mugshot as well as covering his face. That is, to mitigate potential eyewitness testimony issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa