GUILTY AR - Dawna Natzke, 46, Hot Springs Village, 21 Dec 2011

This article says:

But Natzke did that night, with her boyfriend. We spoke with him, but he declined to go on camera, only saying Natzke dropped him off at home, saying she planned to return to the party. But she never arrived.
http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=494067

And others say:
Police say Natzke, a mother of three boys, was last seen late last Wednesday night by her live-in boyfriend at her home.

"His report, and I'll go no further than this, is that he went to bed at 11 O'clock and she was watching TV," Cornett said.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/187024/2/Police-shed-some-light-on-HSV-missing-persons-case

So which story is it for the BF?

This article says:

But Natzke did that night, with her boyfriend. We spoke with him, but he declined to go on camera, only saying Natzke dropped him off at home, saying she planned to return to the party. But she never arrived.
http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=494067

And others say:
Police say Natzke, a mother of three boys, was last seen late last Wednesday night by her live-in boyfriend at her home.

"His report, and I'll go no further than this, is that he went to bed at 11 O'clock and she was watching TV," Cornett said.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/187024/2/Police-shed-some-light-on-HSV-missing-persons-case

So which story is it for the BF?

I noticed that earlier in the thread too. if Kevin really did say both of those things, and there isn't a media confusion here, that's completely inconsistent. It's not like a slightly different detail, it's an entirely different story.

HSV isn't what I'd call a retirement community, no. My step-brother lives there. He's 40, and he's hardly retired, nor is his wife.

There are a lot of retirees, but families as well. It is one of if not the largest gated community in the U.S. And it is very safe. Unfortunately, domestic crimes occur everywhere. Which is what my gut is telling me this is. jmo

I noticed that earlier in the thread too. if Kevin really did say both of those things, and there isn't a media confusion here, that's completely inconsistent. It's not like a slightly different detail, it's an entirely different story.

It is just odd because she was suppose to give her mom a ride home from the party. So it would seem as though she was planning on going back. Also her friend said she was down. Maybe her BF and her were fighting and something happened on the way home in the car....so very convenient that the car is burned so there is no evidence.

I know everyone else feels this way...but really she worked with LE..they sure seem as though they were dragging their heels on this..... poor woman, sounds like such a nice friend.

I can't help thinking that LE is considering a possible suicide? Depending upon the text perhaps? But then, where is she? Not that easy to hide your own body. Anyway just a thought from reading between the lines...JMO

I just can't see someone who commits suicide bothering to burn up their own car. jmo

For those interested, I am a crime reporter for The Ozarks Sentinel

UPDATE -12-29-11:

Searchers on foot and horseback combed through dense woods in western Arkansas today looking for any signs of Natzke, who disappeared more than a week ago.

Hot Springs Village sits in two counties, Saline and Garland. Sheriff's offices from both counties are now assisting Village police in the investigation into Natzke's disappearance, according to Cornett.

Cornett says nothing new was turned up by searchers today.

When asked if they had pinpointed the location from which the "strange text message" was sent from Natzke's phone to a friend last Thursday, Cornett said, "We're diligently working all aspects of this case, Kathee."

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/12/burned-car-in-forest-belongs-to-missing.html

There are 5 or 6 lakes in the village, and 26,000 acres much of which is wooded. Then there is the thousands of acres of woods surrounding the village. Also, Lake Ouachita and State Park not that far down the road.

Also, deer hunting is big here. If her bf or her ex are deer hunters, or hunters in general, wonder where their hunting grounds are. jmo

There are 5 or 6 lakes in the village, and 26,000 acres much of which is wooded. Then there is the thousands of acres of woods surrounding the village. Also, Lake Ouachita and State Park not that far down the road.

Also, deer hunting is big here. If her bf is a hunter, wonder where his hunting grounds are. jmo

We have been there often. For those who don't know the area, it's DENSELY forested and very sparsely populated. Lots of piney woods. It would be fairly easy to conceal her whereabouts, forever, in that forest.

How far is it from where the car was found to Dawna's residence?

Also compared to where the car was found how far is it to where they are now searching on horseback?

TIA

My suspicion is that they are now searching on horseback where the phone was last known to be and where the strange text originated from.

JMO

How far is it from where the car was found to Dawna's residence?

Also compared to where the car was found how far is it to where they are now searching on horseback?

TIA

I was told that the car was found about 7 - 10 miles from the Village. Searchers were combing the area around the area her vehicle was found.

Also, the Ouachita National Forest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is over 1.7 Million acres that sits in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

For those interested, I am a crime reporter for The Ozarks Sentinel

UPDATE -12-29-11:

Searchers on foot and horseback combed through dense woods in western Arkansas today looking for any signs of Natzke, who disappeared more than a week ago.

Hot Springs Village sits in two counties, Saline and Garland. Sheriff's offices from both counties are now assisting Village police in the investigation into Natzke's disappearance, according to Cornett.

Cornett says nothing new was turned up by searchers today.

When asked if they had pinpointed the location from which the "strange text message" was sent from Natzke's phone to a friend last Thursday, Cornett said, "We're diligently working all aspects of this case, Kathee."

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/12/burned-car-in-forest-belongs-to-missing.html

I'm interested in the map that crimesceneinvestigations has for the areas in Dawna's case. There is A B & C on the map. I'm taking it that A is Dawna's home? B seems to be where they were attending the party? And, C is where her vehicle was found burned? I'm just attempting to get my bearings. Thank you in advance Kathee.

I'm interested in the map that crimesceneinvestigations has for the areas in Dawna's case. There is A B & C on the map. I'm taking it that A is Dawna's home? B seems to be where they were attending the party? And, C is where her vehicle was found burned? I'm just attempting to get my bearings. Thank you in advance Kathee.

I can't make sense of the map. The party was in Hot Springs Village, that's for sure. Articles have also said she lives in Hot Springs Village herself, and typing her name into whitepages.com also verifies that. I believe A is the area where the party was, and where she herself lives.

I don't know what B and C are for.

I can't make sense of the map. The party was in Hot Springs Village, that's for sure. Articles have also said she lives in Hot Springs Village herself, and typing her name into whitepages.com also verifies that. I believe A is the area where the party was, and where she herself lives.

I don't know what B and C are for.

The map:

hotspringsmap.png

I'm confused too. I know Dawna lives on Rota Lane in Hot Springs Village which I believe is B. She went to a party in Hot Springs so that would be A. But, I thought her car was found just off hwy 298 and that according to google is to the left of B, heading west. So I don't know what C is, unless her car was found off hwy 270 and not 298.

As you can tell, I can't do maps

No, those are to show the distances between the police departments. I will work on one for a map from Dawna's house and the other points if you would like.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back