GUILTY AR - Dawna Natzke, 46, Hot Springs Village, 21 Dec 2011

If any of Dawna's friends are reading here, please post and let us know what is going on. It seems that the local media has as many questions as we do.

How big is the local PD? Do they have an official academy to properly train officers and use ongoing education, or is this dept. too small for that? Is the community confident that the PD knows what they are doing?

Friendly reminder:

This is the Family Support/Information forum.

Please post all discussion, opinion, theory, speculation in the Discussion forum thread.

If there is not a Discussion forum thread already started, please feel free to start one.

If you have questions for the moderators, please either use the alert button or PM.

Thank you for understanding
~Summer_Breeze

I wonder if BF has any witnesses that she dropped him off? Probably not...JMO

One of the reports I watched said that he told police that Dawna dropped him off at his mom's house. I guess he lives there...betcha a dollar his mom will say he was home by 10:30 and didn't leave all night.

(I'm not thinking you are sucker enough to take that bet, cluciano!)

It sounds like the party wasn't over when they left, so why did Dawna need to "take" her boyfriend home early? Some unpleasantness...drunkenness maybe, or was he just not having fun at the party? MOO

It does seem odd that she works for the police department, and they are MUM about what happened to her.

Certainly looks suspicious that they won't, at the VERY least, just say they are investigating and have no further comment at this time, and ask for tips, etc.

If any of Dawna's friends are reading here, please post and let us know what is going on. It seems that the local media has as many questions as we do.

How big is the local PD? Do they have an official academy to properly train officers and use ongoing education, or is this dept. too small for that? Is the community confident that the PD knows what they are doing?

I am not local nor do I know anyone associated.

I am familiar with the area and it is pretty sparsely populated. I really doubt the department is very big in the village. Many vacation type homes in that area.

Natzke's boyfriend, Kevin Duck, says Natzke was watching T.V. when he went to bed and he has no idea how she went missing, or why her car was found burned.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/12/burned-car-in-forest-belongs-to-missing.html

So this disappearance is being investigated by a private police force for the privately owned subdivision? I would guess these guy's primary duty is general security, and noise or other neighborhood nuisance violations.

This story is so different from what I've heard before. Didn't she "drop the boyfriend off" to go back to the party - her mother was counting on her for a ride home, wasn't she? Surely she wouldn't have been in her home watching TV.

Does anyone know why the boyfriend wanted to leave the party?

Edited to add: In researching Hot Springs Village, some media call it a retirement community, but it doesn't appear to be. It appears to be a gated cloistered community with lots of activities including golf, etc and lots of social activities. I think Dawna worked for the private police force within the community. Is the police force unwilling to make a big public deal out of her disappearance because they are trying very hard to maintain the illusion that this community is crime free?

Natzke's boyfriend, Kevin Duck, says Natzke was watching T.V. when he went to bed and he has no idea how she went missing, or why her car was found burned.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/12/burned-car-in-forest-belongs-to-missing.html

BBM

Well that is kind of strange. The boyfriend earlier said that she dropped him off and she was returning to the party. Now he is saying she was watching TV when he went to bed and has no idea how she went missing or why her car was found burned. I think we have found our suspect.

JMO

Bolded below by me.

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=494067

""She doesn't leave without giving hugs. She loves people," Hathaway said.
But Natzke did that night, with her boyfriend. We spoke with him, but he declined to go on camera, only saying Natzke dropped him off at home, saying she planned to return to the party. But she never arrived.

There are questions KARK continues to have for Village police as well. For two straight days, the point of contact for media at the department has failed to return our calls.

However, according to Lt. James Martin, the Garland County Sheriff's Office has offered to help in any search efforts, but the police department has not requested help from their
deputies."

(There is a video on the page with the article. One pic of Dawna with her arm around a a man if featured at the beginning...I wonder if hr is the boyfriend and if he has connections to the local PD?)

Maybe the one MSM got it wrong and he meant he was watching TV until he went to bed???

So this disappearance is being investigated by a private police force for the privately owned subdivision? I would guess these guy's primary duty is general security, and noise or other neighborhood nuisance violations.

This story is so different from what I've heard before. Didn't she "drop the boyfriend off" to go back to the party - her mother was counting on her for a ride home, wasn't she? Surely she wouldn't have been in her home watching TV.

Does anyone know why the boyfriend wanted to leave the party?

Edited to add: In researching Hot Springs Village, some media call it a retirement community, but it doesn't appear to be. It appears to be a gated cloistered community with lots of activities including golf, etc and lots of social activities. I think Dawna worked for the private police force within the community. Is the police force unwilling to make a big public deal out of her disappearance because they are trying very hard to maintain the illusion that this community is crime free?
HSV isn't what I'd call a retirement community, no. My step-brother lives there. He's 40, and he's hardly retired, nor is his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back