Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expert: Van der Sloot's Legal Strategies Are Baffling

Accused murderer Joran van der Sloot's legal strategy is doomed to failure and an appeal of his reported confession won't succeed, an international defense expert says.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...sloots-legal-strategies-are-baffling/19533765

"The appeal will go before a three-judge panel, but it's not going to go anywhere," says Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel. "They're not going to let him go on a technicality at this point. They've got too much evidence against him -- the video of him coming in and out of the room, his statements, her blood on his shirt and his consciousness of guilt in fleeing."

BBM ... blows any insanity plea outa da water!
:propeller:

Van der Sloot to take incarceration fight to top court, attorney says

By the CNN Wire StaffJune 28, 2010 --
Updated 1957 GMT (0357 HKT)

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot, whose claim of unlawful incarceration was denied last week, will appeal and fight to the Peruvian Supreme Court and international courts if necessary, his attorney said Monday.

His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/28/peru.murder.case/?hpt=T1&fbid=9l9ICKx_5Mr

I know this has nothing to do with the case ..but every time yall discuss a Donk or being a Donk ... This always is the first thing I think about ......

badonkadonk

Hahahahaha! :behind: We need a little humor from time to time to lighten the mood. Thanks!

Originally Posted by suzihawk

No actually the sexual content was discussed by Beth not Anita. There was a detailed explanation at the Scrux forum back when it happened. I provide the following link as proof:

http://scrux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3561&highlight=crawl+table#3561

Welcome Apollo1. I haven't seen you in a few years.:woohoo: Imagine quoting Medleyrelay.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56513&page=2

WOW, this is real neat; you actually know the major players.:dance:

I honestly do not think so and I have no idea why Greta wanted to muck this up. It is clear that Beth went into the detail and she even discusses it in her book. I have never seen any place where Anita has and if there is such a link I would like to have it.

I found this where Beth and Greta are talking about that trip to the van der sloots and how Greta was "embarrassed" about what Anita was saying.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgblqTZJtLo&feature=related[/ame]

KR2 I don't know if they had moved her before they took that shot.

IMHO there are probably a lot more crime scene photos, but we just haven't seen them yet.

That's what I thought.

Van der Sloot to take incarceration fight to top court, attorney says

By the CNN Wire StaffJune 28, 2010 --
Updated 1957 GMT (0357 HKT)

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot, whose claim of unlawful incarceration was denied last week, will appeal and fight to the Peruvian Supreme Court and international courts if necessary, his attorney said Monday.

His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/28/peru.murder.case/?hpt=T1&fbid=9l9ICKx_5Mr

Anyone else getting the impression that Mr Altez may be trying to make as much money as possible from this case by promising Joran and his family the moon knowing full well that the final outcome is going to be pretty much the same?

The longer they drag this out, the more money the defence attorney makes. He is likely the only one who will benefit from these tactics and his client will get the maximum sentence because of it.

Anyone else getting the impression that Mr Altez may be trying to make as much money as possible from this case by promising Joran and his family the moon knowing full well that the final outcome is going to be pretty much the same?

The longer they drag this out, the more money the defence attorney makes. He is likely the only one who will benefit from these tactics and his client will get the maximum sentence because of it.

For days I've been concerned about what I've been reading about news outlets paying for interviews. Mr. Altez may well be profiting from interview permission and 3rd party payouts.

I think it's a mistake of news outlets to basically reward high profile criminals access in terms of paying for a story. I do know the higher the nielsen ratings the more a news outlet can demand in advertising.

I do think Mr. Altez is being rewarded and yes it will be at the expense of JVDS's high profile. I'm not sure what the answer is.

** Catching up with reading ** Nice posts here since I've left, will go back and thank you all. If anyone can explain the Biography.com article as anything other than a mistranslation of information they collected from other sources please let me know.

filing it in back pocket and letting it marinate until then...

Here is Sebastian Van der Sloots youtube acount. Latest video uploaded 6/24 and shows him today. Big husky fellow.

Jossy Mansur went on record stating Joran beat him badly at age 7 or so resulting in hospitalization- also reported by Steph Watts who visited Aruba lately with Dave Holloway...anyway, here's Sebas.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lickmytongue124#p/a/u/1/JypqtzXRGZM

** Catching up with reading ** Nice posts here since I've left, will go back and thank you all. If anyone can explain the Biography.com article as anything other than a mistranslation of information they collected from other sources please let me know.

filing it in back pocket and letting it marinate until then...

Here is Sebastian Van der Sloots youtube acount. Latest video uploaded 6/24 and shows him today. Big husky fellow.

Jossy Mansur went on record stating Joran beat him badly at age 7 or so resulting in hospitalization- also reported by Steph Watts who visited Aruba lately with Dave Holloway...anyway, here's Sebas.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lickmytongue124#p/a/u/1/JypqtzXRGZM

All I got from the link was safely using playground equipment???????????

It's the Dorito Friend video---he's the one who comes in to the room and rips the bag open.

For days I've been concerned about what I've been reading about news outlets paying for interviews. Mr. Altez may well be profiting from interview permission and 3rd party payouts.

I think it's a mistake of news outlets to basically reward high profile criminals access in terms of paying for a story. I do know the higher the nielsen ratings the more a news outlet can demand in advertising.

I do think Mr. Altez is being rewarded and yes it will be at the expense of JVDS's high profile. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Totally agree! Not one of these courts is going to throw out this case with all the evidence they have against him.
I wonder how long this will take. Joran should be really "depressed" by then.

I suspect, too, when they've exhausted all avenues and get their last rejection, the lawyer will just pack his bags because they have no defense to this. joran will be left with what he started out with, a government appointed lawyer - who by the way, I thought, had joran's best interest at heart.

Anyone else notice that what I presume was his mini confession given the day before his full confession, didn't match up with the full confession that I, also presume, he gave the next day?

JVS: "I did not want to do it. The girl intruded into my private life... she didn't have any right. I went to her and I hit her. She was scared, we argued and she tried to escape. I grabbed her by the neck and hit her."

This is not what he said later? Later he says that she hit him first, he responded with a blow, she was losing consciousness, so he strangled her then smothered her.

In the first version, she is fully conscious after he hit her...scared and arguing with him...running for the door.

Was the first version just a news bite? Confession just a summation? Interesting?

Expert: Van der Sloot's Legal Strategies Are Baffling

Accused murderer Joran van der Sloot's legal strategy is doomed to failure and an appeal of his reported confession won't succeed, an international defense expert says.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...sloots-legal-strategies-are-baffling/19533765

This struck me as hilarious (BBM): :laugh:

"This guy is doing nothing right," Griffith says. "He should be cooperating, so he has a chance to get a better deal. He has no chance of being found not guilty. He's a complete moron."

:loser:

Why did Joran " supposedly" get angry if Stephany found information about his involvement in the Holloway Case, online. We all know Joran himself has done everything he can to keep himself in the spotlight because of Natalees disappearence and that its obvious he is recognizable.
I believe JVDS saw news reports that he killed Stephany to the day Natalee disappeared so he came up with grandious stories as to why he killed Stephany involving Natalee and her parents in his story.
I listened to Jorans mother Anita and she certainly has embellished her statements to perhaps truths woven with fiction, making her as unbelievable as her son.
With all the lies JVDS has spoken I don't believe that Stephany confronted him about his involvement in the Natalee Holloway Case. I believe his motives for killing her were a few... to drug, rape and rob her and it turned into killing.

Remember everyone Joran is the one who has publicly dragged out his involvement in the Natalee Holloway Case since she went missing. HE PUT HIMSELF IN THE PUBLIC EYE! and he continues to do so.

Its time to lock Joran up and throw away the key.

I think Joran is just trying to stay in his cozy cell, as long as he can.
Praying for a miracle no-one in Aruba will hear.
He knows he's history or close to it in general pop.
He will kept raising money with interviews and when the time comes for the big move he will be flush. Except his attorney will take it all, and leave him broke.
IMO

Oh gosh... well, one incident comes to mind where Beth and Greta were invited into the Vandersloot home. According to both Beth and Greta, Anita completely dominated the conversation proclaiming her son's innocence and what a good boy he was while Paulus sat silent at the table and perspired so heavily that it splashed onto the table. The conversation made Greta so uncomfortable that she wanted to 'crawl under the table'.

This was mentioned in Beth's book as well as in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgblqTZJtLo&feature=related

She also dominates the conversation on the Pauw & Witteman show, at least in comparison to Paulus.

thanks for article previously posted! Had read excerpts but never all of it :)

All I got from the link was safely using playground equipment???????????

Dorito Friend

My best friend is a bag of chips, wanna mess?

sorry, this one. He is the larger, dark haired haired guy who comes in at the end. By this time all of Aruba is aware that Joran is locked up. Obviously Sebartiaan knows it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa