TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cousin wasn't famous before now, she will be...
I know loads of people here, myself included, never heard of her...
NG is sure giving her plenty of exposure.

I totally agree...if the brother was able to tell it was camo clothing the abductor had on he must be able to describe the body the clothes were on ???

He says he only saw the man from the back, so I guess the guy never turned to the side at all?

I don't see the pictures LOL.. because I am just listening.. maybe because some of the released pictures included her cousin?

(there have only been specific pictures released and some of them did have WD in them)

It's been a long time, but if I correctly recall, the Elizabeth Smart family gave daily briefings, and it was a member of the public who located Elizabeth. I still say if LE wants help, they should be telling the general public what to look for. H could be miles away, and a public awareness would be beneficial, i.e. possible direction of movement, more on abductor, more on H's outfit than just colors and possible height. Was the abductor skinny? Heavy? Possible age?

sorry, forgot to put the quote earlier...

I totally agree that if the brother was able to see camo clothing he would be or should be able to give some other description of the person ??? shouldn't he?? something???

just so little to go on

Bringing up attack on HS, 45 minutes from Holly’s home. Went to car, in dark, to get something, he grabbed her arm, she dropped lantern and her bf called out, he ran off. LE has reinterviewed her, and she thinks her case could be related.
Rupa saying that it was the same time of day, relative time of year, HS is surrounded by woods, and her attacker was a white male.
Pat Brown says that the similar attack is not ignorable, people repeat MO’s, and that people are having trouble with evasiveness of brother, family, LE. Would like to know when 911 call was made. Wonders why the lunchbox was found so far away, and brought up that it may be staged. She thinks maybe searchers are dropping out because they wonder if there is a real reason to search. Thinks LE should be more open.
Prosecutor says that LE can’t release all info. Such as if there was blood and DNA, that releasing that info could only tip off suspects. This isn’t info that they want out there.
Another prosecutor says that if it is her DNA, they should have released the attackers description and DNA results.
Talking about day of rest.
Forensic pathologist says there is little left to turn up due to rain, water would dilute and wash away everything.
They say that the duct tape could be excellent evidence, with things from Holly and Perp.
The blood might not be being released because they aren’t fully done checking, it could be perps,l they may have to compare with things of Holly’s.
Speculation is that she is being held in the woods, there is no indication that they left the woods.
FP says that as a hostage in the woods, as long as she has water, she would have a good shot.
Caller asks how long the dogs could find a scent for and with the rain is the scent gone.
Searcher says yes, dogs will have lost it.
Pat Brown says that the public could have had a similar experience and they never reported, so they need to go to the public. They also need to know that if a vehicle could get her out of the woods. It is likely that a stalker would have taken her to the woods, and attacked her, left her, not taken her out.
Would brother have called LE if he did it? Pat Brown says yes, and that he had time to move her between mother leaving and 911 call. Says again that family needs to be more open with the public.

I don't see the pictures LOL.. because I am just listening.. maybe because some of the released pictures included her cousin?

(there have only been specific pictures released and some of them did have WD in them)

No, they were showing Whitney in photos with a bunch of different musicians.

Why is the media getting a standing ovation?
they should be imhoo.. at least will nunly should. He has been boots on the ground on this case for the last seven days keeping her case and search alive

moo

((((nurse personally stands up and claps for will nunley)))))

Pat Brown: very very minimal she is alive... very slim.... but we keep our fingers crossed

saying investigators very positive.. hope to come out invigorated over the weekend. People want to find this girl alivel

more talking heads... I have to get to bed so I hope someone gets the rest (work beckons for me.. night you guys!)

I must say Deborah Norville is a good host. She isnt a know it all and bully and actually asks some half way decent questions (for a tv presenter)

Um, isn’t it a week today? Anyways,
Pat brown says that 7 days later, her chances are minimal of being found.
The stats they are showing are for kids,
For women that are taken, they are taken by sexual predators, and most don’t put the time to keep them alive, unless they are sadists, into long term torture.
Psychologist says that the she is more thinking of family and hoping for the best, stats are bad for survival.
Reporter says that investigators are hopeful to bring her back in days. Fully canvass the wilderness, go door to door, there were people out thre with broken limbs and lupus searching. The community is passionate about finding her.
Prosecutor says that as well as bf, they will talk to people around her to see if they had anything to do with her. They will ask if there were problems with anyone, and it is as important to rule people out as it is to rule people in.
Asked if they should go for poly’s. Prosecutor says that poly’s are not the best option, people can answer with the partial truth and that will show no deception. He says that poly’s don’t help that much in some cases.
Caller asking if there was a getaway car a few miles away.
Pat brown says that the roadblocks could be a chance to looka t tires, and she has not seena map showing if there was a good map, way to get out of the woods. Brother should have remembered hearing a car start.
Sercher says the very first thing they should have looked at were ways of travel through the woods and where a car could be accessed.
Proseuctor asked if the LE really knows what we don’t, he says that they first took the brother at face value, and they don’t know more than we do, that is why they keep returning to the area.
Pat Brown says you can’t know how the investigation is going unless you are inside the department.

I don't see anything odd about the brother not being able to provide a good description of the guy, especially if the brother just happened to glance out a window and see what he thought was nothing out of the ordinary.

I wonder if the perp was wearing a hat, that's something we haven't heard about. People in the country do tend to wear ball caps a lot, often camo ones. A hat and a bulky camo jacket and you can't tell a lot about a guy if you see him from behind at some distance.

Talking to caller that has worked with TBI. Her mother was a murder vic and she says that it is common for TBI not to release info, and her family was told not to talk media any more than necessary by the TBI. Caller doesn’t want to give a guess what happened to Holly.
End of Holly coverage.

~OW, my fingers hurt.~

cops used roadblocks here to look at specific tire tracks they had found around a home of a missing girl.... and low and behold it worked... someone going to and from work on the same road as they usually went stopped and while stopped the police were taking pics of similar tires of each vehicle... it all worked out and this guy was arrested shortly afterwards.

I think, and this is my theory, and only my theory:
i think the perp drove into the area by ATV or other 4WD vehicle, the night before she was abducted later in the night so that there would be no one still out hunting and no family awake to hear him, parking in the open area, (not the watery one the small one just S of Holly's driveway on this map: 681 Swan Johnson Rd, Darden, TN 38328-4830, northwest of Parsons, TN 38363 - Google Maps
From there he could have walked around to the back of her house, and watched as the family went to bed or he could have stayed there and watched as vehicles pulled out the next day. When people, like her mom and dad walked out the next morning, he could have cleaned up his watch site of any food wrappers or other overt signs he was there, and then watched through binoculars until she walked out. At that point, he could have walked right up the drive, put an arm around her shoulders, a knife at her throat, turned her away from the house, and simply said "Walk with me and you'll be fine." he might have hit her to stun her, or he might have relied on shock value alone, and accidentally nicked her or himself with the knife.
At that point, he could have walked her into the woods, around the back of the house through the woods, taken her through the far side of the property either by woods or in the open, not thinking that anyone would have seen her go, down the drive and to the waiting vehicle, then either gone further South, around the shoreline of the watery area, and then to the road, or simply coasted down the drive and down the road. From that point, I think he took hr to the area several miles away, near where the lunchbox was found, gone through her lunchbox to make sure there was not a cell phone, tossed it, and taken her to the spot he planned. At that point, I do believe he raped her. As to whether he killed her or not, to me, depends solely on the abductors state of mind and resources. If he has a place to hold her where he is sure that she will not be found, she may still be alive. If he didn't, then he isn't going to leave her chained to a tree, and she is likely dead and buried somewhere. It hurts me to type that, but it is the turth as I see it.

Was the lunchbox found by LE or by a random person or searcher? Just wondering if they were able to get any fingerprints off it (other than Holly's).

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979247172

From gather, so salt heavily, but it says what I was thinking about Mr. Spokesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2