2011.05.16 Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean they will not be able to strike her and then say barring a miracle, she is on the jury. They have preemptory challenges don't they?

I'm pretty sure that HHJP has already denied the SA's from striking a juror already due to racial bias............I didn't know this was possible either..........

What do you mean they will not be able to strike her and then say barring a miracle, she is on the jury. They have preemptory challenges don't they?

NOPE. They tried their preemptory challenge on her and they were DENIED. So that was it. OVER. She is the only juror that is absolutely IN already.

This caller on IS is saying "what does work experience and school performance have to do with mitigation?"

Like I've said before.......ICA was fired for abandoning her job - GRrrreat employee, yep, right.

And IIRC, she didn't even graduate high school, lied about why, and didn't tell her extended family until they attended the graduation ceremony - yep, great student, great all-around American Girl..........

NOPE. They tried their preemptory challenge on her and they were DENIED. So that was it. OVER. She is the only juror that is absolutely IN already.
the defense could still strike her (but it seems she may be just the type they would want)

If AF exposed her to her cold could she be excused if she got sick?Not wising her to be sick just curious.

I don't really see the juror that the state couldn't strike as a huge problem. The state is really pushing for the death penalty so they had some reservations about her willingness to impose this. I think she will be able to find her guilty since she will be able to choose LWOP as a sentence independently of the others. If the DP was all she had to choose, maybe so. I think LWOP is how most will decide anyway. After being presented with the overwhelming evidence against KC I don't think she will have any sympathy with her. She won't see her as oppressed or disadvantaged in any way, certainly not the extent of which she has likely seen in her lifetime. She won't understand KC not letting CA and GA have custody either. KC had every advantage in life and certainly wasn't stuck raising Caylee if she didn't want to. I have no problem with her hesitation on the DP issue. IMO, it won't affect whether she finds KC guilty or not. KC was a spoiled brat who killed her child to spite her mother. That won't be lost on any juror whether they vote for death or not.

This caller on IS is saying "what does work experience and school performance have to do with mitigation?"

Like I've said before.......ICA was fired for abandoning her job - GRrrreat employee, yep, right.

And IIRC, she didn't even graduate high school, lied about why, and didn't tell her extended family until they attended the graduation ceremony - yep, great student, great all-around American Girl..........

This is something I didn't know. ICA had people show up for her Graduation and she wasn't there???????

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136341"]Linking the Afternoon thread.[/ame]

Court is about to resume, right? Gather up your belongings and get ready to jump on over.

Just to be clear....sounds like AF has a cold or sinus inf. or upper respiratory tract infection. When that happens to me, my doctor gives me a steroid shot to ease inflammation and a prescription for V-Pac. Which I believe is predisone(?). Take 6 pills today, 5 tomorrow, etc. That is what I meant about AF getting a steroid shot. Just want to be perfectly clear.

Closing now. Hurry! Don't get your dress caught in the door. :eek:

Please stay safe, and that's to all our Mississippi area WS'ers.

Sounds like AF needs the hot bath and brandy combo to sweat out that cold she's got.

What AF has (very bad cold/flu or bad allergies) seems to be going around Central Florida...Metro Orlando
After 2.5 weeks I am just getting over it and many kids and adults I know in the Orlando area are sick as well.

So do I. Just five more months until my brother's murderer goes on trial. The closer it gets, the sicker I get. :(

Hugs and prayers for you for strength to endure...................:grouphug:

I'm ahead of your guys and reading your minds! :angel:

Cocktails are ready! :cheer:

Special ones...even the umbrellas! :great:

cocktails.jpg

And for those of you who need a quick shot.... Jello Shots! Reminiscent of the good ol' college days..... ;)

polls_jello_shots_4848_850602_poll_xlarge.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhh man. I need to get up and stretch after that one.

Thank you so much Beach....I strongly feel we deserve a cocktail after listening to that PJ....although one before listening to it, wouldve been in order as well.

I have tears streaming down my face from listening to her! :floorlaugh:

wow... I have gotten more done around my house to watch this trial than I have ALL YEAR! I spring cleaned, planted my garden, did all the flower beds, and even did the windows the week before it started. Yesterday I cleaned again! I just now, over the lunch break got all my laundry done!!!

((while AF is up next I plan on picking all the peanuts out of the bird seed I bought.. because they won't fit in my "finnell feeder"...which is the bird feeders I put outside my window to look at while she is talking))

On topic: Did I hear his Honor correctly that all of the struck people will not just go away but will slide into alternate seats????

((if that is true nurse gone be doin' the happy dance!!!))

ps, I had a tomato basil veggie burger on a thin bun for lunch... gotta watch the calories with all this sitting!!!

Wanna come and spring-clean my house? I don't think you're too far from me. You can clean my house, we can chat about the case, and I'll fix lunch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa