Cases That Haunt You

there is one case that haunts me everyday and i want to know what happened to her as much as her parents do her name is Debra T. Pscholka and she went missing on June 5th 1971 at Carona, riverside county, California she was just 12 years old. she went to see a movie with some friends and after it was finished she told them she was going to the local park, this was at 8.15pm. she has never been seen or heard from again:( . it is not known it she ever made it to the park or not. she could have easily been kidnapped on her way there. mind you i have done my own research on this case and have found out that there is a park on the same street as the movie theatre she was at that night. so she could have made it to the park but something terrible could have happened to her there :( . this case haunts me soo much because there are NO witnesses, tips or leads into this case NOTHING someone out there knows what happened to her. it's horrible, she just disapeared without a trace left behind.

i have been looking at the doenetwork and have found a case that reminds me of her and there are alot of similarites between hers and the jane doe's case.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/889dfca.html this is Debra

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/404ufor.html this is the jane doe

Marie said:
What similarities are you seeing?
the height, weight, look (exspecially her hair) the time of diapperance/murder and the location that the body was found.

Khavna said:
the height, weight, look (exspecially her hair) the time of diapperance/murder and the location that the body was found.
Ok, I could see that. Except the nose is way off, and even more bothersome is the age differences. I believe bones and teeth growth would be quite different between a 12yo and late teens, even if they are the same height & weight. But there can always be errors reported so it couldn't hurt to report your conclusion to doe.

o.k here's the similarities that I can see in these two cases

Debra:

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 125 lbs. (57 kg.)

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Missing since June 5, 1971

there's not much to go on her case because very little details are available
jane Doe:

Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'5"; 125 lbs (only 5 inches off being debra's height allthough this is only a guess) and right on the mark with the weight.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair with blonde streaks (if you look at Debra's hair very closely you can see natural blonde streaks running through her brown hair) even you even look at the picture of the jane doe she has brown eyes

Estimated Date of Death: July 1, 1971 (remembering that this is only an estimate this date is only 26 days after Debra went missing)

The victim was located in a wooded area near the Oregon-California border

sure Debra did not live near there (although she lived near a border in California) but there have been many child abduction cases where they are taken to another state far, far away from where they originally came from.

The victim was discovered on August 19, 1971 this is only 2 months after Debra went missing this jane doe was found. there was only skeletal remains left to work with.

Marie said:
Ok, I could see that. Except the nose is way off, and even more bothersome is the age differences. I believe bones and teeth growth would be quite different between a 12yo and late teens, even if they are the same height & weight. But there can always be errors reported so it couldn't hurt to report your conclusion to doe.
yes that's true, but most of the doe's ratings are just estimates because they remians were so badly damaged (skeletal) yeah bone and teeth growth can contribute to the factor, one example though on how it doesn't always help is ME

i'm in my twenties right, i'm the same height as Debra (5"6) :crazy: and soo many times i have been mistaken for a 14 year old (although sometimes this is a complement) i even look (to some degree) like a 14 year old and people are shocked when i tell them that i'm not :p

everybody is different you just never know

Attachments

• DPscholka.jpg
    DPscholka.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 404UFOR.jpg
    404UFOR.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 90
DUBLIN: Relatives, friends gather annually to remind public of teen who went missing in 1989

By Sophia Kazmi

CONTRA COSTA TIMES

Posted on Fri, Jan. 26, 2007A candlelight vigil and prayer service for Ilene Misheloff, kidnapped from the streets of Dublin 18 years ago, will be held Tuesday evening.

Since her disappearance on Jan. 30, 1989, her family, friends and Dublin residents have gathered each year on the anniversary to remind the public that Ilene is still missing.

Ilene, 13, was last seen leaving Wells Middle School. She was heading to an ice skating lesson at Dublin Iceland and has not been heard from since.

The Misheloffs have not given up on finding their daughter. They publicize Ilene's case all year. From an office on Village Parkway, the family runs the Ilene Misheloff Recovery Effort. They send out hundreds of fliers each week about Ilene, the facts of her disappearance and a computer enhanced picture of what she may look like as an adult.

Ilene Misheloff was 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 115 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She has brown eyes, wore her brown hair shoulder length and had braces on her teeth. The day she disappeared, she was wearing a charcoal gray pullover polo sweater, a horizontally striped pink and gray skirt, black low-top Keds and carried a dark blue back pack. more at link:http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/16551453.htm

We were talking in the Elizabeth Reed thread(Unsolved 1948 murder) about even though there are hundreds of unsolved cases that we read about and they are all tragic some of them stick with you on an emotional level or can even become obsessive.
I thought it might be theraputic or interesting to list some that you feel if not obsessive about but that will probably always be with you or have struck you on a deep emotional level.
I have a few in no particular order:
Betsy Aardsma .
Deanie Pyle Peters
Bonnie Bickwit and Mitchel Weiser
Daniele Imbo and Richard Petrone
And Lonnie Jones
O.K. your turn.

I started a thread with this title about four years ago so I know what you mean about how certain cases haunt us.

Evelyn Hartley-1953
Beverly Potts-1951
Connie Smith-1952
Sheila and Katherine Lyon-1975
Janice Pockett-1973
Trenny Lynn Gibson-1976
Daniel Barter-1959
Alan and Terry Westerfield-1964
Karen Tompkins-1961
Ann Marie Burr-1961
Anna Waters-1973
Suzanne Lyall-1998
The three women missing from Indiana Dunes In July 1966-Patricia Blough, Ann Miller and Renee Bruhl
Madeline Babcock-1968
Michelle Pulsifer-1969
Jodi Huisuntruit-1995
Victor John Theel-1944

Edited to add:
Georgia Jean Weckler- 1947
Andy Puglisi (spelling?)-1976
Unsolved murders of Barbara and Patricia Grimes and Judith Mae Anderson-all in Chicago during the 1950's.

As one can see from the dates of these disappearances, the world was never really safe. It drives me nuts when people think that only recently has it been this way. They have no clue about these cold cases. It is good there are people like us who do know about these cases and keep their memory alive!

Yeah you listed a few that are borderline with me as well:Jodi Huisentruit,
The Indian Dunes Women(Thats a strange case)Evelynn Hartley and Beverly Potts.

I think of these cases and check for updates on most all of them every day.

Mystery Couple Murdered - Sumter, SC, 1976
Three Missing Women - Springfield, MO, 1992
Ronald Tammen - Ohio, 1953
Evelyn Hartley - Wisconsin, 1953
Three Missing Women - Indiana Dunes State Park, 1966
Mary Jane Reed and Stanley Skridla Murder - Illinois, 1948
Betsy Aardsma Murder - Penn State U, 1969
Georgia Jean Weckler, Wisconsin, 1947
Jodi Huisentruit - Iowa, 1995
Mary Shotwell Little - Georgia, 1965
Barbara and Patricia Grimes Murder - Chicago, 1957

And more recently, Tony Luzio (2005) and Brian Shaffer (2006) from Columbus, OH

I forgot to add 2 when I first posted this:
Boulder Jane Doe, Colorado 1954 and the murder of Cliff and Christine Walker and their 2 children in Florida in 1959

Anna Waters
Suzanne Davis/Tanya Hughes/Sharon Marshall
John David Gosch
Those three girls who disappeared from a Texas shopping mall -- I can't remember their names off the top of my head (they were two teens and a 9 year old, and they were Christmas shopping)

If I could find out what happened to these people before I died, I would be a happy woman.

Anna Waters
Suzanne Davis/Tanya Hughes/Sharon Marshall
John David Gosch
Those three girls who disappeared from a Texas shopping mall -- I can't remember their names off the top of my head (they were two teens and a 9 year old, and they were Christmas shopping)

If I could find out what happened to these people before I died, I would be a happy woman.

Would you happen to have a link to the 3 girls who disappeared from the Texas shopping mall by chance? Texas, esp. Lubbock has so many missing girls and woman that I cannot believe it.

I think often about a lot of the ones listed above - I wish their families and loved ones could see how much perfect strangers care about their missing loved ones!

Some of the main ones that I would love to see solved...
Stephanie Condon
Jason Jolkowski
Ann Marie Burr
Rachel Cooke
Kristen Modafferi
Morgan Nick
Maura Murray
Sara Wood

The Sodder family
Anna Christian Waters
Tolbert Percy "Jack" Dalton
Joyce Malinka (solved, I just want to know the details)
Mary Jane Reed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back