AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following such cases for very long, but it really struck me when at today's presser, LE said that they provided the family with a list of local and other media contacts (paraphrased), and reiterated that the decision is theirs (family) whether to speak to the media...

I'm not sure what to think.

I could even see this being a kidnapping where the family has been told by the kidnappers not to talk to LE or the media (or the family hasn't been contacted but is afraid to talk)...and LE is letting the media know that the family is free to talk to the media...KWIM? IOW, the family is complying...meanwhile everyone is scrambling to meet the other demands (or waiting for more demands to be stated)...while trying to find Isa before it's too late.

Geesh...I just went from one speculative extreme to the other...from one post to the next... :blush:

I have felt all along that LE is showing a lack of sympathy for the parents...never once have they said they are victims, as far as I know; as you said, they or at least the spokesperson, seems to know very little about them, their actions, etc...are quick to repeat, time after time, how they never told them not to talk to the media, etc...

LE may have their reasons, i.e dog hit, evidence we are unaware of, etc...but to me, they come off as kind of passive-agressively hostile toward the family...

JMO

And then there is Lt. Pacheco's comment : "Things are not always what they seem to be ". Perhaps LE knows something which makes them seem unsympathetic ? MOO

Is this the only marraige of parents? how long? Are all 3 children to both of them?
Just thinking out loud who else may want Isabel other than a perv.

As long as they continue to work with authorities thats all that matters to me. Just because people do things differently than what we think we would do means nada.....they have their reasons. Now...I'd like to hope that LE is giving them reasons why they should be speaking out more.....the biggest being that eventually things need to return to baseline....that is...police aren't going to be as involved anymore and they need to work to keep her name out there.
However it is utimately up to them......I wish I could get some insight on their thinking.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

A friend of the couple stated that they had been married a long time and together since teenagers. The marriage record is available in Pima County. I think I remember 1997.
This is their only marriage.

Is this the only marraige of parents? how long? Are all 3 children to both of them?

They have been married for about 15 years, so it seems that all of the kids are both of theirs, IMO...

As long as they continue to work with authorities thats all that matters to me. Just because people do things differently than what we think we would do means nada.....they have their reasons. Now...I'd like to hope that LE is giving them reasons why they should be speaking out more.....the biggest being that eventually things need to return to baseline....that is...police aren't going to be as involved anymore and they need to work to keep her name out there.
However it is utimately up to them......I wish I could get some insight on their thinking.

Just days after Lisa Irwin went missing, LE was saying her parents were co-operating too. A week or so went by and LE then said they were not and the parents lawyered up.

Perhaps as questions get harder and more focus is put on the parents, we may see the same thing in this case.

I heard in the very beginning that they were in love and together since they were teenagers.

Buried in an earlier thread a local person said she went to the Peds ER that Isabel's Mom works in the day after she went missing. I remember that she was told that the Mom worked an 8AM to 8 PM shift. I THINK <modsnip>. I wish I remember who posted... And I hope she sees this! So maybe Mom kept Isa home that day with her.

If someone climbed in the window in the dark of night and took my 6 yr old girl, I would not be afraid for my older sons to run around the next morning to look for her. I really would think it was someone who wanted a little girl, and would not be afraid my sons would be next, imo

hi...all have just caught up....one thing certainly needs to be clarified and that is proof that she was seen at the ball game.

In the comments on the news story the employee from the shop did say that lots of parents had been coming in saying she was not at school on Friday.

I have joined in this case so can someone please clarify who and how many people did see her at the ball game and what the Le have said about that...ie is it factual she was really there.

I think that is vital because it sounds like she wasnt at school that day which might put the timeline right out.

Was it not at the ballgame friday night that Isa choked on some chips and a friend gave her some water?

If someone climbed in the window in the dark of night and took my 6 yr old girl, I would not be afraid for my older sons to run around the next morning to look for her. I really would think it was someone who wanted a little girl, and would not be afraid my sons would be next, imo

I'd be so freaked I don't know what I'd do.

LE could be publically saying that too because in so many cases we have heard parents say that LE told them not to talk to anyone. jmo

One good thing is that LE is doing frequent, regular pressers...much lacking in so many other cases. <thumbs up smilie>

We do NOT know if Isa went to school on Friday or not. This thread will REALLY get confusing if the discussion turns into what someone comments under a video or a name that shows up in the scanner thread. :crazy:

With (how many) people at the ball game and only 2 say they saw her?
I would of expected many more people to come forward at seeing her.
When I go to the ballgame I am with a whole section?
Why didn't more people see her? or friends? hinky to me.......JMOO

Where did you read that 2 people saw Isa at the ballgame? Was this in a MSM article or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53