Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going out on a limb here and saying in my opinion, DM may have asbergers syndrome. Here is a link describing the symptoms and you can pretty much, just from what we know so far about him, fit any symptom into his behaviour. Above average intelligence, engineering and mechanics, eating the dog cookies, not fitting in, not very many friends, lack of empathy. Have fun with this, because in every single symptom we find a trait of DM, younger friends etc.....

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-main-symptoms-of-aspergers-syndrome-in-adults.htm

Read this article as well about what his friends say about him

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...riends-remember-him-as-attention-seeking-kid/

Now, my question is,,,,,,, Can asbergers syndrome be used as a defense.???

Maybe, just maybe, this is why we just can't figure him out regarding motive.

I think bringing ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders) into this is wrong. My husband is a doctor specializing in Autism research and someone showing tendencies does not put them on the spectrum. Either way, there is no direct link to Autism (Aspergers is a form of Autism) and violence.

You may be right, but having Asperger's would in no way excuse his actions, if the limited evidence we have is true...most people w/ Asperger's or further along, autism, do not commit these sort of crimes, or any crimes at all, they may have to handle daily living differently than most people, but are not violent.

I know you're trying to understand his actions, but sometimes, it's not understandable. We don't have all the info, & we can't judge-it may have been an accident or it may have been the action of a sociopathic individual, maybe we will learn the truth....

Not a Psychiatrist, but an Attachment Disorder and/or Fetal Alcohol Effects/Syndrome are both strongly connected to lacking empathy, impulsive "immoral" behaviour and being able to "live with it" and act like everything is normal afterwards.

Not everyone with those diagnosis kill though - just as all killers do not have these diagnosis.

Most just become lawyers. :wink:

I don't want to get into a special needs debate but the author of that article "received a BA in Literature from the College of Creative Studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1981." She is not a medical professional so her opinions shouldn't be taken as truth simply because she raised 2 children with disabilities.

As head of the national board of forensic medicine in Sweden, it’s Kristiansson’s job to try to figure out why people sometimes act in violent ways.

She says most people who commit crimes do it for some kind of concrete reward -- money, for instance, or sex, or drugs. That’s not the case in people with autism spectrum disorders.

“In these cases, it’s very, very different. The motive for the crime is different. The motive of the crime is to communicate that you yourself are very offended. Other people have treated you in a very bad way and you want revenge. You want to communicate that on a very global level to lots of people,” she says.

Taken from http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20121218/aspergers-violence?

I think people have to remember that we really need a murder weapon and cause of death to determine what the real motive for this murder is. With that being said, suspect 3 is most likely being monitored round the clock by LE, I have no doubt that LE knows who the third participant is.

It is going to be very difficult for DM to overcome all the evidence that points to his guilt, almost impossible and we don't even know what all of the evidence against his is. MS doesn't have a chance to stand on (with his prior record) and nobody is going to believe any version he might have, best case for MS is to squeal on DM to cut a deal for a lesser penalty.

I am going out on a limb here and saying in my opinion, DM may have asbergers syndrome. Here is a link describing the symptoms and you can pretty much, just from what we know so far about him, fit any symptom into his behaviour. Above average intelligence, engineering and mechanics, eating the dog cookies, not fitting in, not very many friends, lack of empathy. Have fun with this, because in every single symptom we find a trait of DM, younger friends etc.....

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-main-symptoms-of-aspergers-syndrome-in-adults.htm

Read this article as well about what his friends say about him

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...riends-remember-him-as-attention-seeking-kid/

Now, my question is,,,,,,, Can asbergers syndrome be used as a defense.???

Maybe, just maybe, this is why we just can't figure him out regarding motive.

This seems like a huge part of the population would fit this description - a lot of highly intelligent people are socially awkward. Just my opinion, but I can find a lot of people I know that fit that description.
Not sure about it being used as a defense.

Again, just my :twocents:.

There is NO defense, absolutely none! They knew exactly what they were doing, don't care what diagnoses either one may have ... there is no excuse.

A heinous crime, premeditated and carried out by two spoiled brat hoodlums.

They were both in on it start to finish. DM was no dupe imo!

I believe that once TB realized what was going down, he threw his cell phone in the parking lot of the industrial area.

DM and MS thought that had pulled off the perfect crime and didn't expect LE to find T's phone.

RIP Tim

I don't want to get into a special needs debate but the author of that article "received a BA in Literature from the College of Creative Studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1981." She is not a medical professional so her opinions shouldn't be taken as truth simply because she raised 2 children with disabilities.

Thank you for pointing that out! Good to know before I read it. (Any opinions really shouldn't be taken as truth).

Interesting. B Smich and an M. Coincidence? I wouldn't think Smich is a common last name but Burns is. Sorry though we cannot go there. You could ask mod but I highly doubt we will be able to. JMO

Those aren't connections those are people sleuthers also viewed after viewing WM's profile. It changes depending on where people go next I think.

Random thought, but are there any theories (or maybe known facts) on how LE ever made the link with DM and his crew in the first place? Someone calling in a tip on the tattoo maybe?

If I recall... TB's phone when found led LE to DM's burner phone... and subsequently to a list of people who might be associated with the crime.

If I recall... TB's phone when found led LE to DM's burner phone... and subsequently to a list of people who might be associated with the crime.

So basically, a cel phone was found somewhere in an industrial park somewhere in Southern Ontario and this successfully led to the resolution of this terrible crime. I'd say that would have to fall under the category of amazingly lucky breaks for LE, (and thank goodness for lucky breaks.)

This has nothing to do with this case.. But it is an interesting story... What I found interesting isnthat they used "stash houses" .. I wonder if Dellen was buying up condos to use them as a "stash house"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ia-clan-pleads-guilty-to-cocaine-trafficking/

"Authorities seized more than $2.6-million and 83 kilograms of cocaine that was found in Taloni’s Mercedes Benz sedan, Beverly Hills home and various stash houses also in Beverly Hills, in 2010 after the organization was infiltrated by cooperating government witnesses."

snipped...Based on property records alone, the fortune Millard inherited is significant.

He owned his childhood home, a six-unit property on Riverside Dr. he purchased from his father for $1.1 million in 2007 and a Vaughan condo he purchased for $392,000 in 2011. He also likely inherited an Ajax home purchased by his father in 2002 for $190,000.

He was also the part owner of a Derry Rd. home in Mississauga that was sold in 2012 for $795,000.

In May 2011, he bought a sprawling 46-hectare piece of farmland with an old barn in the community of Ayr, 26 kilometres north of the Waterloo hangar.

...Millard bought the property for $835,000, without conditions. A cash sale.

On May 7, the day after Bosma went missing, Millard bought a condo at 70 Distillery Lane in Toronto for $627,524. Ten days later, after his arrest, he transferred the condo for $1 to his mother.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member