17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it, I have physical therapy at 3 PDT and I'm going to miss it all! I'll be reading like a mad woman when I get home, that's for sure.

Aw Trayvon has the same middle name as my G-son Benjamin :)

I have been reading you all since this case broke and want to tell all WS friends how much I love and admire their support. I haven't jumped into commenting on this one, although I read everything everywhere about it. But I'm still tender from the Caylee "mess" and am here with you all - but staying in the background for now. Justice for Trayvon and Justice for Tori Stafford!
Hugs to all!

:seeya: :blowkiss:

I brought that up earlier and was shoo shooed! Doesn't sound like a very good gun. I think he shot from a distance, the recoil popped his nose and he fell backward hitting his head against a tree or waste receptacle (there was a large, tall green one along the walk way in one of the pics of the area).

Yeah, it's a gun that's often carried by undercover officers, but I don't think the average person would do well with it, especially in the dark while frightened, or nervous. I've seen big guys go down hard as a rock and get a bump on the head from the fall alone. :newhere:

Hi,

This is my first post, so I want to make it clear this is inference, but I hope it's not considered wild speculation. I just keep wondering why no one in the news is pointing out that the gun used in this case (a Kel Tec PF 9) is one that is noted for serious recoil. I'm sort of hoping that if an arrest is possibly today if it won't be brought up, but I sort of doubt it.

Here is a video popular on You Tube that shows the recoil issue with the Kel Tec 9 mm in slow motion.

Kel-tec PF-9 Recoil Demonstration & Failure to Eject - YouTube

Here is an article stating this the gun used in the Martin case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...in-shooting-students-20120319,0,7100977.story

The reason I bring it up is that if you have spent time in a gun range you see injuries as those mentioned by Zimmerman often, especially if the gun in question is a "barker", or has a strong recoil. If the shooter doesn't hold the gun correctly it literally flies up hitting the shooter in the face, and often knocks the individual to the ground. (Hard!) Recoil accidents are more common than I guess most people realize.

This is another popular video off Youtube with a random bad stance (and nervous) shooter.

Woman hit in face by gun recoil LOL! - YouTube

I'm surprised with all the coverage, and taking time to look at the videos and audio of the case no has even mentioned recoil as a possibility in regards to the shooter's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't attacked, or that I know what happened, it's just strange no one is bringing up what seems like a good question regarding the gun used.

If this isn't the right way to post I'm sorry in advance, but the media not mentioning the gun issue or really any of the hard evidence either way is sort of frustrating.
Welcome to Websleuths. In the Kel Tec video I didn't see any injuries to the shooters other than some redness on their hands. In my opinion it would be pretty hard for someone to get hit on the nose with a Kel Tec PF9. The .500 magnum video is entertaining but has little to do with this case. JMO.

Yeah, it's a gun that's often carried by undercover officers, but I don't think the average person would do well with it, especially in the dark while frightened, or nervous. I've seen big guys go down hard as a rock and get a bump on the head from the fall alone. :newhere:

I have said often and often that I would love to know how long GZ has had that gun and permit and if he ever took it to the range and shot it.

Live wire said 2nd degree murder and GZ is in custody?

Breaking news on firstcoastnews.com

Zimmerman is in custody, will be charged w/2nd degree

Is there a live stream anywhere?

ETA I mean of AC's presser @ 6?

AP just tweeted Zimmerman is in custody & will be charged with 2nd degree murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993