17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this reminder:

Originally Posted by SoSueMe
Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.
Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread. Trayvon Martin Sound Off

:tyou:

I counted three sets of three clicks:

"The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds." - http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/

If I remember correctly, there were no bullets missing from the magazine but none in the chamber. So the gun would have had one in the chamber will a full magazine and only been fired once.

IMO, JMO, etc.

I meant to tell you the other day, but I read somewhere an article saying those clicks sounded like a door knocker. The article also pointed out that GZ's voice became somewhat more quiet, almost like a loud whisper when talking to the dispatcher.

IDK, but I'll see if I can take a look at those doors to see if they have a knocker, but it could also be something hard or metallic knockiing against a patio glass door.

Fairly clear explanation of how "depravity" is meant in these charges ia available here; http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/depraved-indifference/

"to bring defendant’s conduct within the murder statute, the People were required to establish also that defendant’s act was imminently dangerous and presented a very high risk of death to others and that it was committed under circumstances which evidenced a wanton indifference to human life or a depravity of mind. . . . . The crime differs from intentional murder in that it results not from a specific, conscious intent to cause death, but from an indifference to or disregard of the risks attending defendant’s conduct." 60 NY2d at 274.

Sounds like that would cover a claim that the gun accidentally fired. Or, I didn't mean to pull the trigger.

I do like this attorney, but he doesn't know what Angela Cory has but trusts her. Is she going to have a bombshell?

From the charges, I'd say she HAS to have something big.

If not, I do not think he will be convicted of 2nd degree murder.

JMO

The law in this country is designed to produce a revolving door.
Sadly :( it is not designed to help :(
While it is her job to uphold the Law, this is an abused 12 year old child
and her reply is insensitive at best. I think even the law should work with a heart.

No Angela Corey does not impress me at all.
“Yes, I have compassion for Cristian Fernandez, but it's not my job to forgive,”
says Florida State Attorney Angela Corey. “It's my job to follow the law."

:puke:

I don't disagree with her at all. She knew the facts of that case at the time, more than the public did. She can be compassionate, we don't know that she isn't, but she, at the end of the day, is there to follow the law, imo.
:seeya:

Working on a new thread. Will be opening in 5 minutes.

If you are currently working on a post - highlight, select all & copy! That way you don't lose your work in case the door locks before you get a chance to submit your response.

Locking up here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7781031#post7781031"]Jump on this link to Thread #23.[/ame]

GZ also gave his location at the beginning of the call as 1111 Retreat View Circle (at approx :20) He should have stayed with his car as his NW duty was over at the point of the 911 call. It was now in the hands of the cops

I relistened for the 'clicks' but decided it sounded more like knocking on someone's door. IMO it sounded like a set of 3-pause-then a set of 4 but IDK.

One thing in the call that I had not caught before--- The 911 operator asks GZ's address and GZ starts to give it then says "crap, I don't want to give it all out." Then in a low voice. (because I had to listen twice,lol) "I dunno where this kid is."

If this quote in the 911 call is pointed out at trial, would that be considered proof that GZ knew Tray was just a kid?

TIA and MOO

wm

Who would have been knocking? You think there may have been someone else in the area (who could possibly describe these events)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500