Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Plus he & his wife ASKED Brooke if everything was ok & told her if there was ever a problem to come to them & tell them.

All these years, there was no problem with her going to visit her cousins. As long as Denise was there, her parents felt she'd be safe.

Does anyone think AR would have admitted to Denise that MJ was abusing her? I don't. We can see in her emails that she doesn't trust or even like her mother & wants desperately to protect MJ.

The one thing I want to know is WHAT Denise knew about MJ's past. I want to know if she ever read his arrest record or just believed whatever he told her.
i agree with you. i doubt ar would have told her mother... the two of them may have competed for mjs attention. as i said in a previous post,mj must be very charming on the surface and this is the charm that denise fell for.

There was a MSNBC special several years back referencing Snuff films. Yes, they do exist. None of us want to believe there are people in this country and other countries that film and make big bucks from this horrific crime. People that pay for these films are just as evil as those that make them. I will do some research and find when this aired. Also, Elly Mae, I hate thinking the way I am thinking but I believe more than MJ is involved with Brooke's death. Too hard on the mind and the heart to think about all these juv involved in this but I think you are headed in the right direction with your thoughts. We will find out soon enough.

I had a good friend in the special sex crimes unit in a European country. He was involved in investigations of snuff films and assured me that they do truly exist, and that was....30 years ago.

I had a good friend in the special sex crimes unit in a European country. He was involved in investigations of snuff films and assured me that they do truly exist, and that was....30 years ago.
as soon as the general public has the courage to realize that there are underground crime networks we will be able to face the facts.

Plus he & his wife ASKED Brooke if everything was ok & told her if there was ever a problem to come to them & tell them.

All these years, there was no problem with her going to visit her cousins. As long as Denise was there, her parents felt she'd be safe.

Does anyone think AR would have admitted to Denise that MJ was abusing her? I don't. We can see in her emails that she doesn't trust or even like her mother & wants desperately to protect MJ.

The one thing I want to know is WHAT Denise knew about MJ's past. I want to know if she ever read his arrest record or just believed whatever he told her.

In one of the articles recently regarding MJ's early release from probation, it stated DJ spoke at the hearing in favour of him being released from probation so I doubt she could have been unaware of his prior acts.

I certainly haven't forgotten about Brooke, but nothing is happening in this case. I just read everyday, tho.
I would like to see MJ get the DP, and Gagnon at least LWOP. I want everyone that had anything to do with Brooke's death to pay for it.
JMO

i think mj filled ar's head with somany bogus lies about brooke and this is why ar was jealous of brooke. i also think that mj and rg had many shared secrets and when mj discovered that brooke was innocently going to spend time with rg, mj became jealous and started a blitz of lies to ar in order to thwart brooke from ever getting to visit. i think this is why the desperate timeline. to get brooke befor she left .. just the fact that mj ''shared'' ar with rg. mj may have had a paranoid suspicion that rg [loves cp] maybe would get lucky with brooke. i think the jealousy was in mj that rg would have this young clean innocent girl there .

I would agree with you, marly. I do, however, continue to fluctuate between RG as a peripheral player with MJ sucking him in so that RG wouldn't talk....to ANY one, especially the family OR RG as an active participant. The more I read, the more I continue to be shocked --

as for Brooke's dad -- I wouldn't be surprised if he, and other members of the family just didn't get it. We don't know how much they knew about MJ's past with his sister. She was not willing to prosecute and his second victim was an older teenager while he was of a similar age. His family and extended family may have heard his "version" of events and not bothered to check the court case AND figured this wasn't a kid...not like a 9 year old or a 12 year old and that it wasn't a worry. Plus, as the family said, they had talked to Brooke. One wonders if AR's mother had talked to her...and I also wonder if by the time AR's mother thought there was an issue that perhaps AR had been so brainwashed as to lie to her mother that nothing was going on.

There was a MSNBC special several years back referencing Snuff films. Yes, they do exist. None of us want to believe there are people in this country and other countries that film and make big bucks from this horrific crime. People that pay for these films are just as evil as those that make them. I will do some research and find when this aired. Also, Elly Mae, I hate thinking the way I am thinking but I believe more than MJ is involved with Brooke's death. Too hard on the mind and the heart to think about all these juv involved in this but I think you are headed in the right direction with your thoughts. We will find out soon enough.

While not infallible, Snopes is a good source for debunking urban legends. Sources to support this??

A Pinch of Snuff

Just because they're not sold commercially does not mean they don't exist. I'm sure there are sickos out there who would "share" it with their other twisted friends.

Just because they're not sold commercially does not mean they don't exist. I'm sure there are sickos out there who would "share" it with their other twisted friends.
it doesnt take a genius to operate a video cam. besides i think of all the other horrible things that are on film ,why would there not be snuff films?

I certainly haven't forgotten about Brooke, but nothing is happening in this case. I just read everyday, tho.
I would like to see MJ get the DP, and Gagnon at least LWOP. I want everyone that had anything to do with Brooke's death to pay for it.
JMO

If they only have RG on the CP charges plus aiding & abetting AFTER Brooke's disappearance, I wonder what the maximum sentence can be?

Real. Not real.

If real, they're probably very rare & probably not limited to one type of victim.

I will begin this with an I'M SORRY TO ASK... with that said, i've been following this case until 7/4. I just got back from vacation and no internet. (ugh). Can someone please give me an update. I was wondering if the cause of death has been determined and also if both uncle and stepfather are being charged with her murder?

swanniee11 No cause of death has been reported that I am aware of, MJ (uncle) Gagnon her (ex-stepfather)are in jail being held on kidnapping and the ex-stepfather is being held for having child *advertiser censored* and some federal charge I think in reference to receiving child *advertiser censored*,whatever, and the court case got postponed because the lawyer was busy thursday.

lightinthedark: Was there a date given that you saw or heard for the next appearance?

it doesnt take a genius to operate a video cam. besides i think of all the other horrible things that are on film ,why would there not be snuff films?
You are so right marly...People are more than willing to pick up a video cam and depending on amount of money offered will give buyers anything they want. Money can get people to do alot of things.

If they only have RG on the CP charges plus aiding & abetting AFTER Brooke's disappearance, I wonder what the maximum sentence can be?

its obstruction not aiding and abetting... different crime... why I don't know ... but the CP charges will carry some heavy prison time.

Jul 19, 1:47 PM EDT
Library confrontation points up privacy dilemma
By JOHN CURRAN
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/Toby Talbot

RANDOLPH, Vt. (AP) -- Children's librarian Judith Flint was getting ready for the monthly book discussion group for 8- and 9-year-olds on "Love That Dog" when police showed up.

They weren't kidding around: Five state police detectives wanted to seize Kimball Public Library's public access computers as they frantically searched for a 12-year-old girl, acting on a tip that she sometimes used the terminals.

Flint demanded a search warrant, touching off a confrontation that pitted the privacy rights of library patrons against the rights of police on official business.

"It's one of the most difficult situations a library can face," said Deborah Caldwell-Stone, deputy director of intellectual freedom issues for the American Library Association.
cont'd:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LIBRARY_PRIVACY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

lightinthedark thanks for the information on the new scheduled hearings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back