Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the mom is working and couldn't afford day care, so dad had Bianca? Or she was overwhelmed for some other reason?

I would also want to focus the efforts on finding my child, not on the motivations of my child's father.

My feeling is that the mother probably has a lot to say, and has likely said all of it behind closed doors, but simply doesn't want to air her drama on the nightly news, because unlike DL, she understands that the focus here needs to be Bianca, not the adults and their personal, petty little dramas. MOO.

It's not that she doesn't care, as in really doesn't care, it's just that she wants the focus of the community and the media to stay on Bianca, because right now she doesn't care about DL. Quite honestly, I would be doing exactly the same if what she says about DL not speaking to her is true.

I still can't get over the fact that he would not describe the 'carjackers' tonight. I really can't. The lawyer said 'we already talked to the police' and Nancy said 'well my viewers may not have that info and maybe it would be helpful' but still he would not, or the lawyer would not let him. That makes me more certain than ever that he's hiding something.

My feeling is that the mother probably has a lot to say, and has likely said all of it behind closed doors, but simply doesn't want to air her drama on the nightly news, because unlike DL, she understands that the focus here needs to be Bianca, not the adults and their personal, petty little dramas. MOO.

It's not that she doesn't care, as in really doesn't care, it's just that she wants the focus of the community and the media to stay on Bianca, because right now she doesn't care about DL. Quite honestly, I would be doing exactly the same if what she says about DL not speaking to her is true.

What confuses me is the relationship that Bianca's mother had with the father.
Apparently he had the baby for the past week or so,and was going to keep her for another month. Bianca was barely 2 yrs old. It surprises me that her mom would say yes to her being with Dad for a whole month. That is a long time to be away from such a little girl. It seems weird that she would agree to that, imo.

Lane, 32, of Detroit was held by police over the weekend for violating a personal protection order. He was released Monday from the Oakland County Jail and ordered to undergo anger management classes.

~snip~

Earlier this year, Lane's ex-wife Rakiba Mitchell asked the courts to keep him away, saying he assaulted her following a family birthday party while threatening to kill her. She also said he harassed her and would show up at her home and pound on the door.

A judge issued a personal protection order in March prohibiting him from appearing at her home, calling her or harassing her.

On July 18, Lane's ex-wife said in court records that she found a note from Lane on her window, attached with chewing gum, asking to see their son. She called police, and a bench warrant was issued.

"Mr. Lane was found in violation and ordered to do anger management," Johnson said. "We don't agree, but we respect the court and won't comment on the violation."

False reports that Lane hurt one of his children fueled more rumors and speculation, Johnson said.

"There is no history he abused any of his children," Johnson said. "He has seven kids and no (Children's Protective Services) warrants."

"If you want to say I threatened someone, prove it," Lane said. "I never threatened any of my children. People are just talking, and I'm the bad guy."

Reports that authorities were searching the downtown Detroit campus of Wayne County Community College District because Lane and Bianca were spotted on surveillance cameras was true, Johnson said.

More at link, it's a pretty long article.
http://www.freep.com/article/201112...-home-?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I want to address a few things here. CPS does not issue warrants. If an offense is bad enough, they will have police issue warrants, but they themselves don't do it.So a lack of warrants from an agency that does not issue warrants is not comforting to me.

I think the anger management classes are coming a little too late.

Is it confirmed anywhere else that Bianca was seen on the college tapes with DL? TIA.

I still can't get over the fact that he would not describe the 'carjackers' tonight. I really can't. The lawyer said 'we already talked to the police' and Nancy said 'well my viewers may not have that info and maybe it would be helpful' but still he would not, or the lawyer would not let him. That makes me more certain than ever that he's hiding something.

I know. That made no sense. They would not describe the carjackers or discuss where or how the carjacking occurred. Yet they say the reason they were on the show was to get the public's help finding Bianca. REALLY? How is that supposed to work if you do not explain who took her, and when and how?

Earlier this year, Lane was barred from contacting his ex-wife after she accused him of threatening their 2-year-old son, according to a personal protection order filed in Oakland Circuit Court in March. But his attorney, Terry L. Johnson, said the protection order was "false."

~snip~

Lane said he spoke with Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, Monday night. "She told me to be strong," he said.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111207...or-Bianca’s-disappearance#ixzz1fprLzFyc

Dear Mr. Attorney - protection orders cannot be false. Not once in my life have I ever seen a false court order. They are very real. If they weren't, your client would not have spent the weekend in jail for violating one.

And I'd like to hear from Banika about this alleged conversation.

What confuses me is the relationship that Bianca's mother had with the father.
Apparently he had the baby for the past week or so,and was going to keep her for another month. Bianca was barely 2 yrs old. It surprises me that her mom would say yes to her being with Dad for a whole month. That is a long time to be away from such a little girl. It seems weird that she would agree to that, imo.

I think he said that he talked to the mom and said something like 'It's crazy to have her in daycare, we can watch her and she can play with her sister' something like that, and she agreed. I think the mom's not talking maybe because the police requested she not discuss what Deandre told her?

"There is no history he abused any of his children," Johnson said. "He has seven kids and no (Children's Protective Services) warrants."
=======================================================

What is wrong with this picture. Is that supposed to mean something? It is like he is 'bragging' because he has no arrest warrants for child abuse. wow

Earlier this year, Lane was barred from contacting his ex-wife after she accused him of threatening their 2-year-old son, according to a personal protection order filed in Oakland Circuit Court in March. But his attorney, Terry L. Johnson, said the protection order was "false."

~snip~

Lane said he spoke with Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, Monday night. "She told me to be strong," he said.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111207...ible-for-Bianca’s-disappearance#ixzz1fprLzFyc

Dear Mr. Attorney - protection orders cannot be false. Not once in my life have I ever seen a false court order. They are very real. If they weren't, your client would not have spent the weekend in jail for violating one.

And I'd like to hear from Banika about this alleged conversation.

Me too.

I know. That made no sense. They would not describe the carjackers or discuss where or how the carjacking occurred. Yet they say the reason they were on the show was to get the public's help finding Bianca. REALLY? How is that supposed to work if you do not explain who took her, and when and how?

I think they thought they could trick people into eliminating Dad as a suspect so LE would look at 'other people', but they forgot that they would probably have to describe these other people....

The attorney may as well have just said 'My client is innocent, it is time to move on to other suspects. I am not prepared to back this statement up, you'll just have to trust me. Goodnight.'

I think he said that he talked to the mom and said something like 'It's crazy to have her in daycare, we can watch her and she can play with her sister' something like that, and she agreed. I think the mom's not talking maybe because the police requested she not discuss what Deandre told her?

Yes, maybe she couldn't afford childcare and thought she would be safe with her half sister every day. She must be so devastated right now. :rose:

I think they thought they could trick people into eliminating Dad as a suspect so LE would look at 'other people', but they forgot that they would probably have to describe these other people....

The attorney may as well have just said 'My client is innocent, it is time to move on to other suspects. I am not prepared to back this statement up, you'll just have to trust me. Goodnight.'

You know, if the lawyer had just said something like that, outright, it may have done some good. My client did not do this, let's try and find who did quickly and save her. But NO---instead, they pulled out the victim card and made it ALLLLLLL about poor Dad. The mean police searched his house with their guns drawn, and he has done nothing but try and get his life together for eight years now, and everyone is blaming poor old him...bal blabla...ugh

from new interview.....
"She might of missed going to the potty," Lane said. "I might have spanked her bottom...It's just a parent being a parent."

Lane does admit to having a small paddle he uses to discipline his children, and while he may have used it on Bianca the night before she disappeared because of the potty incident, he says she was not abused.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...-about-daughter's-disappearance#ixzz1fnik9JOA

Parenting 101.. you don't punish a child for potty accidents. :twocents:

Let's remember again this is a 24 month old baby... JUST turned 2 in the end of November.

They are "very, very devoted to her education..." so they "make sure" she is "properly trained..." she speaks very clearly...

Properly trained?? Odd way to refer to speech.
Wonder what he would do if he had a child who didn't speak perfectly...or didn't "train" well?

I wonder if stellar grammar is a requirement, or just clear speech? :waitasec:

"Whatever anybody else say, whatever anybody else thinks... it doesn't even matter." - D'Andre Lane :seeya:

http://www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/courtexplorer/

I can't directly link to the page, but if you go to the site above, and go into the search options, you can type Lane, Dandre in the search, and it will show you the two cases that DL has had filed against him by the ex wife.

Yes and he is listed there as Dandre, not Deandre...How many names does one person need?

Parenting 101.. you don't punish a child for potty accidents. :twocents:

Let's remember again this is a 24 month old baby... JUST turned 2 in the end of November.

They are "very, very devoted to her education..." so they "make sure" she is "properly trained..." she speaks very clearly...

Properly trained?? Odd way to refer to speech.
Wonder what he would do if he had a child who didn't speak perfectly...or didn't "train" well?

I wonder if stellar grammar is a requirement, or just clear speech? :waitasec:

"Whatever anybody else say, whatever anybody else thinks... it doesn't even matter." - D'Andre Lane :seeya:

I think a 24 month old is just a little to young to be expected to be potty trained. And even that term 'properly trained'...that's how I'd describe my dog.

Yes and he is listed there as Dandre, not Deandre...How many names does one person need?

his name is Dandre, that is how he spells it on facebook, how the MDOC and various courts spell it. I can't hold the aliases against him, it's not always the person's intention to end up with false names, but sometimes the media gets it wrong, or someone in a marketing department somewhere misspells your name on one piece of mail, and it goes into the system as an alias.

This is true NMK. If you look my name up on intellius it says I have aliases that are actually mispellings of my first name.

One of which I still get CC offers in the mail under. I tear them up, if they can't spell my name right then I don't read what they send me. LOL.

his name is Dandre, that is how he spells it on facebook, how the MDOC and various courts spell it. I can't hold the aliases against him, it's not always the person's intention to end up with false names, but sometimes the media gets it wrong, or someone in a marketing department somewhere misspells your name on one piece of mail, and it goes into the system as an alias.

Ok thanks, for some reason I thought his name was Deandre, and D'Andre, I don't know where I got that!

I think if nothing else DL has shown that his logic is flawed. first, by admitting that he used a paddle on a two year old. That likely will bring CPS involvement, since the MI statute for spanking is to srtike the child lightly, with only an open hand, on the buttocks only, and the contact can not leave a mark of any type. He admitted to paddling her with an object, which is illegal.

Also, let's look at the thought process here: You want your very young child, who is still of a perfectly acceptable age to still be in diapers, to start potty training, so when she has an accident, you hit her on the butt with a paddle, which will only serve to hurt her butt and make her less likely to want to sit on it to use the potty. Brilliant. Really showing that community college education there, and setting yourself up for a wonderful future in teaching or social work, or whatever other profession you come up with off the top of your head that makes you sound like a genuinely good person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member