FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI rd, I go back and look at your blowups, they are really good.
I am not really up on much here, I got discussed with "people" in here, so I exited.
Another avenue I was considering was if she could have been driven to a location that Westgate owns down on Rt 60, west of Yeehaw Junction. The perp had her car for a long time and could have driven in many directions, if he was a worker/delivery person he may have been familiar with Westgates properties beyond those in Orlando.

Where the body of the another victim was recently found, as SS posted above, would be at least as far as Jennifer was taken, in my opinion. That was only 16 miles.

And like you say, he had time to go much further.

I hope the blowups help figure it out eventually.

rd

http://missingpieces.mypodcast.com/...ode_43_Guests_Drew_and_Joyce_Kesse-25009.html

A really interesting interview with Jenn's parents, Drew & Jennifer Kesse.

One point that was interesting is that the FBI is currently 500,000 entries behind in Fingerprint Entries into the National system... I believe DNA is included in that as well. They are only able to do 200,000 entries a year, so that leaves about 2-3 years where if the person or persons involved in Jenn's abduction were not in trouble in the past, but recently, before they might even get a hit.

It's just unreal what happens... they even talk about unidentified human remains. Some places cremate unidentified human remains without any DNA testing. They also talk about how Florida is 3rd in the country behind NY and CA in unidentified human bodies. Imagine how much closure could be brought if they mandated DNA testing on human remains?

And people wonder why Jennifer's case along with hundreds if not thousands of other cases remain unsolved.

The worst part is descipable criminals roam the streets free to take other lives while data banks are not updated.

Even when the files are updated you have to hope some cold case detective will actually run forensic evidence they have through the system.

Still, I believe the OPD have all they need in the way of evidence. All that is needed is a suspect to match it to.
Another two years seems an awfully long time for Mr and Mrs Kesse and loved ones to endure.

Where's the justice in this life?

We pay too much to house and guard prisoners, and not enough to put all of them in that belong there.

There is no excuse for us as a nation to not equip law enforcement with what is needed to deal with the crime we have, and that which is needed as first responders to disasters.

But there are lots of reasons to not do it, and only the hope we won't join the victims who are the reason to do it.

rd

http://missingpieces.mypodcast.com/...ode_43_Guests_Drew_and_Joyce_Kesse-25009.html

A really interesting interview with Jenn's parents, Drew & Jennifer Kesse.

One point that was interesting is that the FBI is currently 500,000 entries behind in Fingerprint Entries into the National system... I believe DNA is included in that as well. They are only able to do 200,000 entries a year, so that leaves about 2-3 years where if the person or persons involved in Jenn's abduction were not in trouble in the past, but recently, before they might even get a hit.

It's just unreal what happens... they even talk about unidentified human remains. Some places cremate unidentified human remains without any DNA testing. They also talk about how Florida is 3rd in the country behind NY and CA in unidentified human bodies. Imagine how much closure could be brought if they mandated DNA testing on human remains?

They are troubling stats. I agree they should be mandated to do DNA testing and set up a data base for the unidentified. It is expensive and difficult, but as we saw in Katrina...when it is neccessary they can and have done it. (Without DNA testing there, they could not have returned so many to their families for closure.)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]It appears that the State of Florida is having problems with entering fingerprint and DNA information into the national data base.
The State of Florida is backlogged with this information and months behind which leaves the door open for known criminals to walk our streets without a timely arrest.

If you have had any experience with this problem in your State and have found a solution, please email me at drumstick2468@yahoo.com.

Thank you~

Jennifer Kesse is still missing.

Family Tip Line ..... 1- 407-722-2162
[/FONT]

Drumstick:

I googled it, and it appears that just about every state has the same problem. Not sticking up for the states, but, I think there are a variety of factors which contribute to this problem. They include:

The addition of new crimes to the list of offenders to submit DNA samples. For example, in my state, originally, only murderers, and sexual criminals were required to submit DNA samples.

Now, new laws have been enacted, and all convicted felons are required to submit DNA samples.

When the legislatures pass these new laws, why aren't they required to figure out how these laws are going to be funded, and processed in a timely manner?

Not to get off the topic:

But, in the Jennifer Kesse case, Drew Kesse mentioned that he believes that LE has DNA of the POI. From what source did LE get the DNA? How does LE know the DNA is from the POI? Anybody have any scoop, or inside knowledge?

Also, there are no guarantees that the POI's DNA is being processed waiting to be put in CODIS. He would have had to been convicted of a serious crime, and been required to submit a sample.

I thought early on, that someone suggested a partial print was collected on JK's car, but there was no match, and that LE was thinking the POI did not have a record. Anybody know the scoop?

If we can add taxes to hotel bills and rental car bills to build football and baseball stadiums, why can't we add a 1.00 a night in taxes to fund more techs to run DNA profiles, and catch up on the backlog of DNA samples from known felons. It is ridiculous where our priorities are in this country.

Is a new baseball stadium worth more to our society than keeping a convicted rapist off the street? I think not.

left

Drumstick:

But, in the Jennifer Kesse case, Drew Kesse mentioned that he believes that LE has DNA of the POI. From what source did LE get the DNA? How does LE know the DNA is from the POI? Anybody have any scoop, or inside knowledge?

I am very curious about this - what POI? DNA from WHERE?

Welcome Beth...

Best bet would be to read back to thread 3 or 4.. There is a lot of information about the POI, who is now the suspect in the case. The DNA is reportedly from Jennifer's car, which was found 2 days after Jenn vanished. You can also check out www.findjenniferkesse.com and get caught up a bit on Jennifer. Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll help guide you to the info.

thanks

This LE authority was interviewed about the Stepha Henry case and she said there are so many bodies of water in Florida it would be next to impossible to search them all. So, that same daunting situation faces anyone missing in Florida including Jennifer.

Texas Equiisearch has been called in to help find Stepha and I was wondering weren't they ever called in to help look for Jennifer? The guy who owns it is very altruistic and he does it for free so it could've only helped but I don't know if they would come after this long.

The Kesse family should've called on Texas Equiisearch long ago. Haven't they done that??

Drumstick:

I googled it, and it appears that just about every state has the same problem. Not sticking up for the states, but, I think there are a variety of factors which contribute to this problem. They include:

The addition of new crimes to the list of offenders to submit DNA samples. For example, in my state, originally, only murderers, and sexual criminals were required to submit DNA samples.

Now, new laws have been enacted, and all convicted felons are required to submit DNA samples.

When the legislatures pass these new laws, why aren't they required to figure out how these laws are going to be funded, and processed in a timely manner?

Not to get off the topic:

Also, there are no guarantees that the POI's DNA is being processed waiting to be put in CODIS. He would have had to been convicted of a serious crime, and been required to submit a sample.

I thought early on, that someone suggested a partial print was collected on JK's car, but there was no match, and that LE was thinking the POI did not have a record. Anybody know the scoop?

If we can add taxes to hotel bills and rental car bills to build football and baseball stadiums, why can't we add a 1.00 a night in taxes to fund more techs to run DNA profiles, and catch up on the backlog of DNA samples from known felons. It is ridiculous where our priorities are in this country.

Is a new baseball stadium worth more to our society than keeping a convicted rapist off the street? I think not.

left

Left

I couldnt agree more and if it helps at all its no different in the UK.
(probably doesn't help)

Residents of London will be paying increases in their council tax in the next few years, why? To fund the 2012 Olympics.

Whilst the Olympics are a wonderful event it aggravates me and most people that we can find/charge for the funds to raise the millions the Olympics cost but we cannot afford a better police presence on our streets.

Gang culture is becoming rife over here and nothing is being done to combat it, not enough 'Bobbies on the beat' is the problem.

The US and UK have plenty of disposable cash to wage wars around the world it would seem, priorities all wrong.

Getting back to Jennifer it seems pretty clear to me that the case is ice cold there appears to have been no more leads from the new tape and why would there be? All that did was confirm the poi dumped the car it was no good for identification the original pictures are obviously the best they have.

I still think if/when the case is solved glaring inaccuracies and mistakes will probably be highlighted.

There are two things I would like to know about this case if possible:

1) If they have DNA evidence what is it and how do they know it is the poi's?

2) How many people have been nominated as a suspect from the CCTV pictures?

Surely somebody must have phoned in and said that looks like someone they know.
Even if it were a transient worker you would think other workers would remember someone I find it hard to believe that nobody has been put forward for it.

Everything about the DNA and fingerprint stems from the one brief report that they obtained it from the car. Then there were other posts that said no match was made.

The one thing that I think was authoritative is that a statement was made that forensic evidence indicates Jennifer was in or near her car when she was attacked. I don't give any credence to the fingerprint/DNA report. It was brief, anonymous, and vague. Sounded like deliberate misinformation for psychological purposes to me. I only say this now because any potential effect of its purpose is long gone.

rd

rd

Thanks for pm link to the photo's.

I have looked and can't make out an awful lot but I will say that I am borderline colour blind so not the best person to look at these things sometimes have problems picking out shapes etc.

If and its a big if you are correct about the sherrifs badge/taser etc what's your theory?

From day one my intial reaction to the poi's picture was and still is that they look bizarrely dressed.

One of my thoughts has always been that the poi is dressed in some sort of disguise.

They just look incredibly oddly dressed to me, clothes don't look like they fit right and certainly the shoes look clown size, not impossible they have big feet but I hope you get my drift.

A lot of people have theorised chef, decorator etc I try and look back to my first impression which was... they look weird.

If it iss someone disguised that may add to the lack of leads as lets face it the photo's are pretty poor all side on and obscured by the gate.

If my brother dressed like that and we had similar photo's I don't think I would recognise him.

A lot of people have commented on the lack of any sign of struggle either at JKs condo or by her car so being restrained either by a gun or taser.

Also she would have her guard down if someone was dressed in some kind of 'uniform'

Case is cold though no doubt in my mind about that.

left

Agreed. I'm proud to say that, here in Los Angeles, none of those stadiums are built with taxpayer money, NONE. We've told the NFL to shove it for years and years now. It's sooooo stupid. I don't understand other cities. Why would you finance some billionaire's toy box? And let him keep all the profit? A sports stadium/arena has NO value to the economy. Real economists have proved this.

Taxpayer money should go to schools, police, roads, etc.

I agree it's a damn shame all these facts about being behind on DNA and fingerprint databases.

The body that was found in Osceola last Thursday is not that of Jennifer Kesse.

Sadly, it is another woman whose family and loved ones now have answers for.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2007/07/body-found-near.html

Body found near Osceola pond identified

posted by Willoughby Mariano on Jul 9, 2007 7:28:16 PM
A body found along a dirt path in Osceola County has been identified as a Kissimmee woman, deputies said Monday.

Ragan Kendall, 48, was last seen June 17 when she was released from Osceola County Jail on her own recognizance on a misdemeanor count of possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana and a felony count of contempt of court. A man and his son driving to a nearby pond to fish found Kendall's body in plastic bags near Boggy Creek Road and Osceola Parkway. Investigators later disclosed that her body had been dismembered.

Kendall has a history of drug and prostitution arrests.

Detectives ask that anyone who has seen the victim during the past few weeks or has any other information call the sheriff's office at 407-348-2222 or Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477). Crimeline is offering a $5,000 reward.

Agreed. I'm proud to say that, here in Los Angeles, none of those stadiums are built with taxpayer money, NONE. We've told the NFL to shove it for years and years now. It's sooooo stupid. I don't understand other cities. Why would you finance some billionaire's toy box? And let him keep all the profit? A sports stadium/arena has NO value to the economy. Real economists have proved this.

Taxpayer money should go to schools, police, roads, etc.

LOL! My dad calls Safeco field in Seattle "Taxpayers Field. Because thats who really paid for it"

Thank you for finding this out, UCFA. Sadly, another family does have to face such tragic circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa