The McCanns' Own Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
saggy,
Are you accusing Mathew Oldfield and the McCanns of lying? Where is the proof? Where are you getting your information -can you provide a link that proves they are lying if that is what you are accusing them of? If you are accusing them of lying, can you state why as it comes across as if you are accusing them of covering up something to do with madeleine's disappearence.

Seriously you are saying that a ground floor balcony constitutes a sharp drop, and the Mccanns despite publishing pictures of the balcony are trying to hide that fact?

Also why do I have tonnes to answer, I am not accusing anyone of being involved in a child's disappearence. If I had made accusations someone was somehow involved in a child's disappearence then I could understand you claiming I had a lot to answer as obviously I could be taken to court for libel (if the Mccanns were informed of the accusations and they felt their accusations were defamatory and untrue) and so would have to provide proof for their accusations and implications I had made. But as I have not accused anyone of being involved in a child's disappearence then I do not have a lot to answer.

Rashoman,
Can you clarify if you are accusing the McCanns of being involved in madeleine's disappearence as I am not sure if you realise that but it comes across as if you are accusing them of this.

Brit I am not making accusations, reread the beginning of my long post as regards discrepancies, contradictions, lies, slight embellisment, or poor memory, inexplicable events, and various other possibilities, and how does one know which one is the case. I did not say YOU have to answer for anything. I meant there are tonnes of discrepancies that need answered. Otherwise you come fom a position like Clarence Mitchell that there is an innocent explanation for everything, which is your prerogative. But you cannot go around saying willy nilly that the translations are poor. If you do you have to back that up. I gave you one example of however poor you might think they were a locked front door does not get translated into an unlocked back door.

My sources for the statements are the official police files. I did put the link in a previous post.

So you do not think the McCanns are in any way involved in their child's disappearence then?

Could you post the link you have to the official police files, the only link I have seen is the mccannfiles one which is not very good. And it is very easy for unlocked to become locked when something is translated from one language to another and translated back again. If gerry McCann had said the door was just shut for instance then that could easily become locked once it has been translated back and forth a few times. Especially if people use poor internet programmes to translate. One cannot translate something word for word, and come up with a correct translation, which is the problem with computer translators, or people who are not very good at translating.

McCann=Ramsey Lite.

I think the way they have been treated is similar.
Gerry McCann and ate Healy both come from working class backgrounds, but both did really well for themselves and became doctors, could afford a nice house and were on a fairly expensive holiday where they had numerous tennis lessons etc when their child disappeared. I think a lot of people have a real chip on their shoulder about this -look at the way Kate Healy is often referred to as Mrs McCann not Dr Healy, which is her actual name (and look at how people shorten Madeleine's name to maddy even though she was never referred to by this name), and I think this is where a lot of the hatred stems from. Yes they left their children in the flat, but most hotels and resorts in Europe offer a listening service (loo at the other thread), and lots of people allow their children to walk to school alone etc so they behaved no differently from thousands of others.
The way the Ramseys were treated seems similar, they appear to have been deemed to be acting above their station or pretentiously, I read that people thought the name JonBenet was pretentious, and of course people thought the fact that the little girl was in child beauty contests somehow implied guilt regardless of the fact hundreds of children take part in these and millons now watch TV programmes about these contests which is just enocuraging it and maing celebrities out of the children.

people would rather be vindictive towards people who think have got above their station than actually track down a child killer or abductor. According to the Mccann <modsnip> the McCanns are supposed to have hidden their child's body for three months in the heat in front of hundreds of police, family, friends, hotel staff, and media (who the Mccanns wanted there), and then gone to the hiding place, whilst they were being tailed by the media, removed the body with no-one noticing a single thing, and rehidden it somewhere else that not one person has ever found a clue of despite the fact the McCanns did not know the area at all well, and they were constantly surrounded by people. If it was not so serious it would be comical.

So you do not think the McCanns are in any way involved in their child's disappearence then?

Could you post the link you have to the official police files, the only link I have seen is the mccannfiles one which is not very good. And it is very easy for unlocked to become locked when something is translated from one language to another and translated back again. If gerry McCann had said the door was just shut for instance then that could easily become locked once it has been translated back and forth a few times. Especially if people use poor internet programmes to translate. One cannot translate something word for word, and come up with a correct translation, which is the problem with computer translators, or people who are not very good at translating.

I dont know if they were or not, or what exactly happened, but I do not think they have told the whole truth. On balance, having read a plethora of information (not the newspaper reports) and watched hours of footage and interviews, I don't think there was an abduction for a huge amount of reasons. And let us not forget the cadaver dog alerts. Last time I looked it is not illegal to have an informed opinion.

Entering an unlocked back door - in this instance it would be the patio doors which you cannot enter with a key cannot end up lost in translation as using a key to enter the front door, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Mccannpjfiles.com is the site you want. The PT people who translated the PT part of the files did not use google translators, their command of English is excellent, therefore the translations are excellent. Due to the vast amount of information you may find the odd tiny typo or slight nuance of meaning being different, but not much else. A little thanks for the umpteen hours they put in of their time for nothing so that hundreds or thousands can read them is due.

By the way, go look at a picture of the back of flat 5a and tell me it would be fine if a toddler accidentally fell over that balcony, because it was a "ground floor" one, which, if they left their patio doors open, as we are told, was possible if any or the kids woke up and went outside.

Mccannfiles.com has a plethora of info diligently collected over the years, primarily media reporting, interviews with the Mccanns and a few other bits and pieces. I don't see what is wrong with that.

I think the way they have been treated is similar.
Gerry McCann and ate Healy both come from working class backgrounds, but both did really well for themselves and became doctors, could afford a nice house and were on a fairly expensive holiday where they had numerous tennis lessons etc when their child disappeared. I think a lot of people have a real chip on their shoulder about this -look at the way Kate Healy is often referred to as Mrs McCann not Dr Healy, which is her actual name (and look at how people shorten Madeleine's name to maddy even though she was never referred to by this name), and I think this is where a lot of the hatred stems from. Yes they left their children in the flat, but most hotels and resorts in Europe offer a listening service (loo at the other thread), and lots of people allow their children to walk to school alone etc so they behaved no differently from thousands of others.
The way the Ramseys were treated seems similar, they appear to have been deemed to be acting above their station or pretentiously, I read that people thought the name JonBenet was pretentious, and of course people thought the fact that the little girl was in child beauty contests somehow implied guilt regardless of the fact hundreds of children take part in these and millons now watch TV programmes about these contests which is just enocuraging it and maing celebrities out of the children.

people would rather be vindictive towards people who think have got above their station than actually track down a child killer or abductor. According to the Mccann <modsnip> the McCanns are supposed to have hidden their child's body for three months in the heat in front of hundreds of police, family, friends, hotel staff, and media (who the Mccanns wanted there), and then gone to the hiding place, whilst they were being tailed by the media, removed the body with no-one noticing a single thing, and rehidden it somewhere else that not one person has ever found a clue of despite the fact the McCanns did not know the area at all well, and they were constantly surrounded by people. If it was not so serious it would be comical.

Not these old chestnuts again! It was the newspapers who called her Maddie and called her mum Kate Mccann. Were these people haters as you call them. In fact their friends and family are on record in print and video calling her Maddie. Gerry Mccanns old friends reunited page had a reference to her as Maddie. Haters? So where is your argument now that its only "haters" that used those terms. Kate Mccann herself in an interview with Expresso magazine told the journalist the name Maddie was an invention of the media. This is called spreading disinformation at best unless you have just read that somewhere, believed it, and spread it.

It doesn't matter what someone's name is, what nationality, occupation they are in the slightest anyway. Its only facts and or behaviours.

I don't know of any parent that lets their 2 and 3 year olds walk alone to school.

There are resorts that had a listening service but they were enclosed compounds. This was a small village with apartments strewn out far and wide and this one was on the edge of a busy public road. The holiday company told them for security reasons this service was not availble when they made the booking. Despite this they decided to do their own listening checks reportedly every half hour, and not only that tell us that they left the doors open!

All the talk about "haters" having a theory about keeping a body hidden for three months and the rest of it. So? some people have that opinion, many dont, even for those who do, how is a theory in itself vindictive? This is an unsolved case with no evidence of abduction much at all. People in general shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, it's very presumptious and quite offensive.

Hi Guys - just want to remind everyone that this forum is NOT for attacking each other's opinions. EVERYONE is allowed to review the available material and come to their own conclusions/theories based on their OWN interpretation of the facts.

If you disagree with their interpretation, that's fine. You may rebut the post by providing your own theory/conclusions on the available info that you find important. OR you may just move past the post, without responding at all.

What you may not do - is tell the other poster they are wrong, breaking laws, etc. If this is the message/intent of your post, don't post it.

Everyone is allowed to interpret the facts as they wish.

Thanks,

Salem

:bump:

Respond to the post and don't personalize it against any poster. Before publishing a post, check to see if the word "you" is used. If so, chances are the post should be reworded to remove "you."

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. While some posters may disagree on certain points, we are all here for the same purpose. Please remember that.

I dont know if they were or not, or what exactly happened, but I do not think they have told the whole truth. On balance, having read a plethora of information (not the newspaper reports) and watched hours of footage and interviews, I don't think there was an abduction for a huge amount of reasons. And let us not forget the cadaver dog alerts. Last time I looked it is not illegal to have an informed opinion.

Entering an unlocked back door - in this instance it would be the patio doors which you cannot enter with a key cannot end up lost in translation as using a key to enter the front door, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Mccannpjfiles.com is the site you want. The PT people who translated the PT part of the files did not use google translators, their command of English is excellent, therefore the translations are excellent. Due to the vast amount of information you may find the odd tiny typo or slight nuance of meaning being different, but not much else. A little thanks for the umpteen hours they put in of their time for nothing so that hundreds or thousands can read them is due.

By the way, go look at a picture of the back of flat 5a and tell me it would be fine if a toddler accidentally fell over that balcony, because it was a "ground floor" one, which, if they left their patio doors open, as we are told, was possible if any or the kids woke up and went outside.

Mccannfiles.com has a plethora of info diligently collected over the years, primarily media reporting, interviews with the Mccanns and a few other bits and pieces. I don't see what is wrong with that.

The mccannfiles is a poor site to use in my opinion, and much of the media material about the mccanns has been proven to be flase. Several british papers admitted they wrote untrue stories. And translation is a very fine art just because someone can speak, read and write two languages does not mean they are in anyway qualified to act as an interpretor or translator of the two. People normally have to have qualifications in the foreign language and pg qualifications as translators or interpretors. that is one thing I did not agree with - the use of Robert Murat to act as interpretor as he had no qualifications I believe.

And no I do not think it would be fine if a toddler fell off the balcony, but I can see why some people might think as they were on the ground floor they were fine. i disagree with the mccanns leaving the children, anything could have happened aside from abduction, and I thin much of what the mccanns have writtne regarding them thinking it is fine is really them trying to justify it to themselves as well as others.
I think the biggest supporting factor for an abduction is that there had been other incidents not long before Madeleine disappeared of tourist children being abused in their beds by an intruder all within an hour of the McCann flat. There was also another little girl who disappeared three years before madeleine only seven miles away. her mother was imprisoned for her abduction, but she sustained very nasty injuries whilst being questioned at the police station. the police claimed she fell, she claimed she was tortured and enough evidence was found to prosecute the police. However they were acquited, but it turned out afterwards the officer in charge had fabricated statements in favour of the police. he was convicted and got a suspended prison sentence. he was also in charge of the McCann case where he claimed once again it must be the mother. I think the fact that in a three year period there was one disappearence, and several intrusions into tourist flats by a paedophile all within just an hour of where madeleine disappeared is too great a coincidence especially given that the Mccanns had the most secluded flat, and the tapas bar had put a notice in their booking book that everyone could see saying there would be young children left alone. I hate to think it, but I have a suspicion that Madeleine may have been killed -perhaps accidently smothered-in her room by an intruder, and that is why witnesses (jane Tanner and the smith family) saw a man carrying a child who despite the cold and the timeframes remained looking as if she was asleep. That would also explain the odd way she was being carried -over both arms, and not carried against the chest as would be more normal. I think it may well have been a planned intrusion, but an unplanned death and abduction. I hate to think that, and I hope she was abducted by someone who just wanted a child, but given the other intrusions I cannot help thinking that the intruder theory fits.

Plus there was the whole casa Pia scandal that had been going on for years and the police had manage to lose evidence in that case too. I do not beleive in conspiracies as such, but I do believe there was an attitude that paedophilia did not happen in Portugal in much the same way people used to ignore abuse because priests do not abuse children.

As for the cadaver dogs the handler said that alerts mean nothing. The dogs are used to find bodies, not to say bodies were once there. the same dogs I believe alerted to what turned out to be coconut shell in a care home.

The resort also said they did not have a listening service because it was spread around the village, so the nannies could not make the rounds in time. At no point did they say they thought it was unsafe to leave children in the flats there. Can you really imagien a holiday comapny saying they thin the fact the resort was spread out meant it was unsafe to leave children there - that is near to saying they thought abduction is a risk. But if it was thought to be a risk surely that supports the abduction theory.

As for the cadaver dogs the handler said that alerts mean nothing.
Martin Grime would hardly work for the FBI if the alerts of those highly specialized dogs "meant nothing".

The dogs are used to find bodies, not to say bodies were once there.
Cadaver dogs can also detect scent from bodies that have been removed.
In the recent Bianca Jones case, Martin Grime's victim recovery dog "Morse" detected human decomposition odor on the toddler's blanket and car seat and in the room where she slept:

Grime said Morse detected a human decomposition odor in a room where Bianca slept at Lane's house as well as on her blanket and car seat found in Lane's car.
http://www.freep.com/article/201204...r-abuse-charges-tot-s-sister-says-dad-hit-her

The resort also said they did not have a listening service because it was spread around the village, so the nannies could not make the rounds in time. At no point did they say they thought it was unsafe to leave children in the flats there. Can you really imagien a holiday comapny saying they thin the fact the resort was spread out meant it was unsafe to leave children there - that is near to saying they thought abduction is a risk. But if it was thought to be a risk surely that supports the abduction theory.

But saying that nannies could not make the rounds "in time" IS saying it is not safe. The point is that it would be too long between "visits" to be sure that a child wasn't sick/hurt/in distress for anything other than a very brief period of time, or, in the worst case scenario, taken. Perhaps they didn't explicitly say "it's not safe to leave your very young children alone in a flat especially with the door open" because they didn't think parents needed to be told something so obvious.

I don't believe that the negative feelings about the McCanns are related to their "class." I am very troubled by the fact that they left these three very young children alone in the apartment while they went some distance away to drink with friends. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) that would absolutely be illegal and considered neglect. Little children require supervision. Child care was available and could have been arranged. They knew that on a previous night two of the children had woken up and cried and been frightened at being left alone. These actions do not speak to me of caring, devoted parents.

Then, on discovering one child missing, the mother doesn't immediately pick up the other two - she leaves the others alone in the apartment again (and as far as she knows the abductor could be hiding nearby, ready to take the others) and runs down to where her friends are. Again, to any parent I know, this is unthinkable. If you thought one of your children had been kidnapped (and that's what she apparently thought since she immediately announced that to her friends), you wouldn't want your remaining children out of your sight for a second.

Tink

I believe that the truth will come out.

I also believe that step 1 for this truth to come out, is for a reenactment to take place, with ALL those present on the night.

So far, this hasn't happened, and I do question why. If it were my daughter I would do absolutely anything I could. In fact, I doubt I would return to England at all while she was still missing, especially if I was a doctor and could easily work anywhere in the world. But that's me...I also would NEVER have left my babies at home alone, in a blue fit.

I know this, because when my baby was a newborn (and able to sleep soundly, not move around the room etc) I borrowed a baby monitor, so I could sit on my next door neighbour's verandah and listen to Jimmy Barnes (sigh) who was playing at the stadium down the road.

I set up the monitor, and ran back home to test it...it worked just fine. I was only next door after all, and my baby was sound asleep.

I returned to my neighbours, and thought, is it still working? So my friend had to patiently wait for me to rush home and test it again. I got back, she confirmed she'd heard me whispering, I could relax...

I went straight home and missed out on the concert. It took me about 5 minutes to realise no way could I leave her alone in the house...no way, no how. My maternal instinct was just too strong.

So...here we have KM, whos babies were far more hard won (she had to have IVF, I got pregnant at the drop of a hat), and she decides its perfectly fine to go to the tapas restaurant 150 metres away. I can understand how she might initially think, OK, it's fine.

Well it wasn't fine.

The day she disappeared, Madeline asked her mother "why didn't you come when I cried last night?". A fairly good indicator IMO that things weren't ok while you were out having a nice time. Your child woke up, frightened, remained awake long enough to cry, and TOLD YOU ABOUT IT, and you still went out that same evening...despite the fact that you'd done plenty of that already this holiday.

Not only do you go out, you also leave the three year old in charge of her one year old twin siblings...who could also potentially wake up, be frightened, start crying. Sloppy half hour checks by inebriated friends are simply not good enough IMO.

People will now say "but that's you, everyone's different". Humans aren't really that different at all. Every mother cares for her babies. Almost every mother that is...the maternal instinct is one of the strongest in the world, none of us would've survived to adulthood if it weren't! It is instinctive to put your babies ahead of yourself. KM did not. This is UNNATURAL behaviour no matter which way you look at it.

:moo:

BBM. I was the one who suggested that perhaps while this was translated verbatum or google. Cultural norms and mores make huge differences in what a statement can mean or how words are applied in context of any situation. Kinesics or body language varies from culture to culture as well. So what we may perceive as suspicious or strange may not be odd for a different culture or country.

But saying that nannies could not make the rounds "in time" IS saying it is not safe. The point is that it would be too long between "visits" to be sure that a child wasn't sick/hurt/in distress for anything other than a very brief period of time, or, in the worst case scenario, taken. Perhaps they didn't explicitly say "it's not safe to leave your very young children alone in a flat especially with the door open" because they didn't think parents needed to be told something so obvious.

I don't believe that the negative feelings about the McCanns are related to their "class." I am very troubled by the fact that they left these three very young children alone in the apartment while they went some distance away to drink with friends. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) that would absolutely be illegal and considered neglect. Little children require supervision. Child care was available and could have been arranged. They knew that on a previous night two of the children had woken up and cried and been frightened at being left alone. These actions do not speak to me of caring, devoted parents.

Then, on discovering one child missing, the mother doesn't immediately pick up the other two - she leaves the others alone in the apartment again (and as far as she knows the abductor could be hiding nearby, ready to take the others) and runs down to where her friends are. Again, to any parent I know, this is unthinkable. If you thought one of your children had been kidnapped (and that's what she apparently thought since she immediately announced that to her friends), you wouldn't want your remaining children out of your sight for a second.

Tink

BBM. I have to disagree with this. Have you had a child go missing? I have. So, just curious about how much you really know about the terror, panic and inability to think clearly in a situation where a child disappears. It is so easy to sit here and judge her behaviors, but, until you know that feeling and have been in that situation, she did the best she could with what was going on. My guess is, she maybe thought her daughter wandered off and ran to enlist the help of others. As someone in the health care field, in an emergency, what do we do first? Call 911. Or find another person to call 911. First thing in most situations (accept a few). So...in panic mode she reverted to her medical training...get help. Character flaw or someone coping with a horrific situation? IMOO.

What is an innocent discrepancy, a glaring contradiction, or a lie, or bad memory. It is open to interpretation to a certain degree and no more IMO.
Judge for yourself which of the above is this difference here. In this video Kate Mccann states and with gusto, that if Madeleine had not disappeared, her comment made to her parents on Thursday morning asking them why did they not come when she and her brother were crying, woukd never have crossed her mind again as it was just a passing insignificant remark.

Sandra Felgueiras interviews McCanns dated May 02 2008
Google this on youtube, if this link does not work.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=MV4Ck61Favg

Why then did three of her female friends state in their English ( no excuse of mistranslations here ) rogatory interviews that Kate Mccann told them at dinner on the night of 3rd May before Madeleine was discovered missing that she was very worried about Madeleine's comments that morning and was worried about whether leaving the back patio doors open was a good or bad idea. Would it bebetter if she woke up to be able to go out and find them or not?

Reference the rogatory interviews of Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Rachel Oldfield. You can search for them easily on mccannpjfiles.co.uk

Rachel

Reply &#8220;Yeah, yeah. I remember reading my book on the sofa for a while and then think I, I went to bed but it would have been quite, you know it would have been about nine, cos I&#8217;d been up most of the night before, erm and I mean I know that on Thursday night when we sat down at the table, Kate said that to Madeleine and Sean had you know, said they&#8217;d been crying on the Wednesday night and asking where erm, they&#8217;d said they&#8217;d been crying and, and some, you know, this is sort of with hindsight but I you know, I was trying to think whether I&#8217;d heard anything but&#8221;.
1578 &#8220;On the Wednesday evening&#8221;.
Reply &#8220;Mmm&#8221;.
1578 &#8220;Who said they&#8217;d been crying sorry&#8221;?
Reply &#8220;Kate did, when we sat down at the table on the Thursday night, Kate said that erm, Madeleine and Sean had cried, said they&#8217;d been crying, erm and you know wondered where she was, or wondered where you know, Mummy and Daddy were, erm I mean this was kind of after Madeleine disappeared, we talked, she mentioned that when we sat at the table on Thursday and then after Madeleine had disappeared, erm McCANN&#8217;s said, oh well I wonder whether on the Wednesday, you know somebody had tried to get in perhaps or had got in and they&#8217;d seen something, erm you know and I was next door in the apartment but I mean I didn&#8217;t hear any, well you know, I didn&#8217;t hear anything, I could well have been asleep, erm you could hear quite a lot through the apartments because G***e, she always wakes up early but because she seemed to have diarrhoea every night, she&#8217;d wake up sort of six o&#8217;clock most mornings and we&#8217;d always have to put her in the, in the shower or in the bath first thing, and Gerry and Kate would always hear that and so you know, most of the comments first thing in the morning would be like, oh so G***e was up early again, she&#8217;d be invariably screaming her head off, so&#8221;.
1578 &#8220;On Wednesday evening&#8221;.
Reply &#8220;Mmm&#8221;.

Oh and Brit1981 how you can say there is a translation error in Gerry Mccanns statement saying he entered the apartment via the front door with his key because it was locked is beyond me. How can anyone translate that he entered the apartment via the back doors which were unlocked to THAT. This mistranslation escuse to cover discrepancies is getting a bit thin.Fiona Payne

&#8220;But you said that Kate told you about Madeleine waking up?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;And you couldn&#8217;t remember, you didn&#8217;t, you weren&#8217;t sure whether it was the night before?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;Or, you know, the night before that?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;What were the circumstances regarding her telling you that?&#8221;

&#8220;She did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying &#8216;Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or&#8217;, erm, &#8216;or locking it and, you know, finding that we&#8217;re not there and the door&#8217;s locked if she woke up&#8217;, because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh&#8221;.

&#8220;So she asked you what your thoughts were regarding locking?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;Did she say whether she had locked or?&#8221;

&#8220;No, that was the point, I think they said they&#8217;d left it, well she&#8217;d said she&#8217;d left it unlocked&#8221;.

&#8220;Left the patio?&#8221;

&#8220;And she felt a bit nervous about it but Gerry, Gerry had sort of said &#8216;Oh it will be fine&#8217;, you know. But she was obviously, because it wasn&#8217;t something she was quite easy with, that&#8217;s the way it came across, you know, but, but Gerry said, you know, &#8216;It&#8217;ll be fine. It&#8217;ll be fine&#8217;. Because I don&#8217;t imagine she would have said anything otherwise if it hadn&#8217;t been on her mind. And the fact was she, she, you know, commented on it being really strange that, that Madeleine had said this about waking up and them not being there and she&#8217;d mentioned that in the context of that conversation&#8221;.

&#8220;And can you remember exactly what she said that Madeleine had said?&#8221;

&#8220;Tut, just words such as, erm, &#8216;Sean and I woke up and we were crying mummy and where were you&#8217;&#8221;.

&#8220;Okay. Did she say what she said to Madeleine after that?&#8221;

&#8220;No, I think, it was more, the conversation was more Kate said she was trying to get more out of Madeleine, but as kids are, you know, they sort of move on and she wouldn&#8217;t really, she couldn&#8217;t really get out of her what had caused her to wake up or, or, erm, you know, whether she&#8217;d just woken up anyway and, you know, she never, never got that out of Madeleine&#8221;.

&#8220;And what did you say?&#8221;

&#8220;She didn&#8217;t seem frightened or anything, I mean, that is what Kate did say, you know, it wasn&#8217;t something that had frightened Madeleine. I said, in the context of the holiday, I guess I just said &#8216;Oh I&#8217;m sure they&#8217;ll be fine&#8217;&#8221;.

&#8220;Right&#8221;.

&#8220;Much to my regret&#8221;.

&#8220;Was that the early part of, I mean, because you have only got a window of about an hour really, haven&#8217;t you, in between, you know, you sitting down and Kate going and raising the alarm?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;So&#8221;.

&#8220;It was fairly early on in that evening&#8221;.

&#8220;Fairly early?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah, yeah&#8221;.

&#8220;Could it have been the time that Gerry had gone to do the checking and then subsequently ran into Jez, could it have been around about that time?&#8221;

&#8220;I couldn&#8217;t say, I mean, you know, I&#8217;d say it was in the first half of the evening&#8221;.

&#8220;Yeah. Is there anything else that you can remember about that conversation?&#8221;

&#8220;No, as I say, it just strikes me, in awful retrospect, that, you know, Kate, I think, had done something that she wasn&#8217;t quite happy with, in leaving the doors unlocked. And that is something again that she is going to beat herself up about for a long time to come because, you know, you, you like think that you acted on your instincts and I think her instinct was that that was something she wasn&#8217;t really happy to do&#8221;.

------------

oh an brit1981 how on earth can translations be blamed - how on earth can anyone mistranslate entering through the front door with a key cos it was locked to entering via the back door cos it was unlocked, wearing a bit thin here dont you think these excuses? the odd word might be mistranslated in nuance but not the whole gist, barrel scraping?

Actually, I was the one who stated this. Not sure why Brit1981 is "accused" of my posts...anyway...as an American living in a ex-British commonwealth country...even "english" words have various meanings. Here are a few links and books about just how different British and American english are and how the same words and gestures can have very different meanings depending on the country.

Basic Wikipedia

List of words having different meanings in British and American English: Aâ&#8364;&#8220;L - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of words having different meanings in British and American English: Mâ&#8364;&#8220;Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Academic books...

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.txt

All I am saying is it is really easy to judge and not try to find some empathy.

The mccannfiles is a poor site to use in my opinion, and much of the media material about the mccanns has been proven to be flase. Several british papers admitted they wrote untrue stories. And translation is a very fine art just because someone can speak, read and write two languages does not mean they are in anyway qualified to act as an interpretor or translator of the two. People normally have to have qualifications in the foreign language and pg qualifications as translators or interpretors. that is one thing I did not agree with - the use of Robert Murat to act as interpretor as he had no qualifications I believe.

And no I do not think it would be fine if a toddler fell off the balcony, but I can see why some people might think as they were on the ground floor they were fine. i disagree with the mccanns leaving the children, anything could have happened aside from abduction, and I thin much of what the mccanns have writtne regarding them thinking it is fine is really them trying to justify it to themselves as well as others.
I think the biggest supporting factor for an abduction is that there had been other incidents not long before Madeleine disappeared of tourist children being abused in their beds by an intruder all within an hour of the McCann flat. There was also another little girl who disappeared three years before madeleine only seven miles away. her mother was imprisoned for her abduction, but she sustained very nasty injuries whilst being questioned at the police station. the police claimed she fell, she claimed she was tortured and enough evidence was found to prosecute the police. However they were acquited, but it turned out afterwards the officer in charge had fabricated statements in favour of the police. he was convicted and got a suspended prison sentence. he was also in charge of the McCann case where he claimed once again it must be the mother. I think the fact that in a three year period there was one disappearence, and several intrusions into tourist flats by a paedophile all within just an hour of where madeleine disappeared is too great a coincidence especially given that the Mccanns had the most secluded flat, and the tapas bar had put a notice in their booking book that everyone could see saying there would be young children left alone. I hate to think it, but I have a suspicion that Madeleine may have been killed -perhaps accidently smothered-in her room by an intruder, and that is why witnesses (jane Tanner and the smith family) saw a man carrying a child who despite the cold and the timeframes remained looking as if she was asleep. That would also explain the odd way she was being carried -over both arms, and not carried against the chest as would be more normal. I think it may well have been a planned intrusion, but an unplanned death and abduction. I hate to think that, and I hope she was abducted by someone who just wanted a child, but given the other intrusions I cannot help thinking that the intruder theory fits.

Plus there was the whole casa Pia scandal that had been going on for years and the police had manage to lose evidence in that case too. I do not beleive in conspiracies as such, but I do believe there was an attitude that paedophilia did not happen in Portugal in much the same way people used to ignore abuse because priests do not abuse children.

As for the cadaver dogs the handler said that alerts mean nothing. The dogs are used to find bodies, not to say bodies were once there. the same dogs I believe alerted to what turned out to be coconut shell in a care home.

The mccannfiles is like a library of media reports and other material for referenceand research, nowhere does it state all info contained is true. That is all there is to it. In fact its an excellent site to use to see how the media change their stories and manipulate facts.

You say the evidence for abduction in this case is the fact that children within an hour away were attacked in their beds. Do you have something to back this up?

You say another girl wentmissing and her mother was tortured. She and her brother confessed IIRC to the murder before and in the prescence of her lawyer. IITC her inmates beat her up. That is what happens the world over to inmates in for child murder. The officer in charge was not as you state convicted of fabricating evidence. He merely signed off a report from his officers as to events as he wasnt there at the time, despite that woman saying he was and ordered the torture.!They have had five appeals quashed. What does that tell you?But let us stick to the facts in THIS case shall we? and evidence not supposition of an abduction and barking at other cases.

Mr Grime never said the dog alerts mean nothing, so why do you say that? Got anything to back that assertion up?If dog alerts mean nothing they wouldnt be used by forces around the world. You are wrong in stating also that they are only good at discovering physical remains as these dogs are used and have been successful at alerting to the remnant scent of human cadaver odour in places where the body has been removed both in actual cases where a body was found after and in studies. The coconut shell story is a red herring. These dogs have never in their history been maligned before the mccann and jersey case or after. That should make you wonder. They continue to be deployed by the UK and and other countries successfully.

You say some people would think a 10 foot drop off a balcony would be safe. Oh well.

If you have a problem with translations you need to say what the problem is instead of just hurling out the translation is wrong.

BBM. I was the one who suggested that perhaps while this was translated verbatum or google. Cultural norms and mores make huge differences in what a statement can mean or how words are applied in context of any situation. Kinesics or body language varies from culture to culture as well. So what we may perceive as suspicious or strange may not be odd for a different culture or country.

Hello, where did you get the idea in the first place that the official police files were translated via google? Because as far as mccannpjfiles.co.uk is concerned it was not.

Actually, I was the one who stated this. Not sure why Brit1981 is "accused" of my posts...anyway...as an American living in a ex-British commonwealth country...even "english" words have various meanings. Here are a few links and books about just how different British and American english are and how the same words and gestures can have very different meanings depending on the country.

Basic Wikipedia

List of words having different meanings in British and American English: A–L - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of words having different meanings in British and American English: M–Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Academic books...

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.txt

All I am saying is it is really easy to judge and not try to find some empathy.

Yes it is easy to judge, but to blanket state any discrepancy must be due to poor translation without proving it is so is a different kettle of fish.

BTW Brit81

Is there any particular reason you think the Mccanns could not have staged an abduction after an innocent accident, in order to protect themselves and their remaining family? potential prison etc. No one would fault them for that.
In fact a top yk forensic detective suggested tgis might be the case
Do you actually believe everything they say?

What do you think about this footage taken a few days after the abduction, a few days after gerrymccann was on the blower to friends and family saying he thinks paedos took his child, even if it wasnt

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=9VlS-gO5Ask

some people think this is a govt experiment, well i can relate to that too as this case is so bizarre

Oh another question brit81 you keep asking where people are getting their info from as if its flawed or biased, but you have not said where you get your info from, pray tell

First of all the only claim I have to legally back up is the one about the officer as I have made a statement against him. The others I legally do not as I have not made a defamatory statement about anyone. If for instance I had accused the mccanns of lying, being involved in the disappearence then I would have to provide actual proof of what I was saying. the mccanns would have a legal right to either hold websleuths legally responsible and make them prove the statements, or get a court order to websleuths for my ip address and then take me to court. I would either have to show the statements were not defmatory, or provide proof (and the proof must be reliable, if i was just reporting any rubbish that someone else had put up then that would not be a defense), or show it is fair comment i.e it is just my opinion, but it is unlikely that accusing someone of being involved in a crime would come under fair comment rules just because one put the words "in my opinion".

here are my references

Amaral conviction
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8064671.stm
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/15287142

reliability of the sniffer dogs - links describing how grimes and eddie no longer have a uk license, and are no longer used by the police, and false alerts in jersey (eddie alerted to coconut shell), and quote from grimes report

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15959107
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/jersey/7723860.stm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...branded-20million-shambles.html#ixzz1JuPiWWaT

quote from martin grimes "There is always a possibility of contamination of odours by transferral. EVRD does not make a distinction; he responds with a certain behaviour for which he was trained when he recognizes an odour. He does not identify the reasons for the presence of the odour nor does he identify suspects. Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.
It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'a cadaver scent' contaminant. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.The dog alert indications MUST be corroborated if to establish their findings as evidence.My professional opinion as regards to the EVRD's alert indications is that it is suggestive that this is 'cadaver scent' contaminant. This does not however suggest a motive or suspect as cross contamination could be as a result of a number of given scenarios and in any event no evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from these alerts unless they can be confirmed with corroborating evidence."

other attacks and disappearences

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...I-saw-Madeleine-McCann-twice-disappeared.html (near end of article)

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/1315666

http://issuu.com/canarianweekly/docs/cw_744_issue?mode=window&pageNumber=1 (in gran canaria, but some have said there may be a link due to the timing)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/83773089/Yeremi-link-to-British-paedophiles (as above)

casa pia (and some related to madeleine mccann)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...les--disturbing-backcloth-Madeleine-case.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/nov/21/childprotection.uk

so all in all we have a police officer with a conviction and suspended sentence for fabricating evidence in a case related to a missing child, a sniffer dog and handler that have made false alerts, and no longer (at time of press of links) are used by the UK and no longer have a license to practice there, the handler admitting mistakes can be made and also that alerts mean nothing without other evidence, two missing girls within three miles, and several other intrusions and attacks within an hour, a third disappearence in Gran canaria just two months before Madeleine disappeared, and two paedophiles who have been mentioned in that case were working in holiday villas and have been reported as travelling in spain and portugal in 2007. Plus a huge paedophile scandal that points to child abuse being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa