WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a vehicle with trailer would be very conspicuous parked in the driveway of an unoccupied house, even for a house slightly obscured from view from the road.

Why would there have to be a trailer? Would parking only a car 'so far up the driveway' be unusual? There is a stairway near to that point (flourescent marking at driveway) but if someone was transporting something large or unwieldly they might not use the stairway. The easiest point of passage is where the driveway meets the grass where there isn't a such a steep descent, and that's a short distance to the left of the stairway (pic perspective).

Something else to consider: would the driver have backed-in a vehicle / trailer from the roadway or would the driver have driven straight in and u-turned in the driveway?

. . . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . . .

"Why would there have to be a trailer? Would parking only a car 'so far up the driveway' be unusual? There is a stairway near to that point (flourescent marking at driveway) but if someone was transporting something large or unwieldly they might not use the stairway. The easiest point of passage is where the driveway meets the grass where there isn't a such a steep descent, and that's a short distance to the left of the stairway (pic perspective)."

The area to the left of the stairway drops off very steeply for approximately 10 feet but then gets smaller and smaller as it gets closer to the fluorescent pink spray paint. That said, I agree with where you're ultimately going with this.

"Something else to consider: would the driver have backed-in a vehicle / trailer from the roadway or would the driver have driven straight in and u-turned in the driveway?"

Due to the severe angle of the driveway, it is most probable that a vehicle (especially one towing a trailer) drove straight in and then u-turned in the driveway. The driveway is very wide and long down by the pond. There would be enough room to u-turn down there.

Oh well... we probably won't ever get a photo of JF, so I whipped this out a second ago. You locals feel free to print it out and use it for your recon.

52243196.jpg

Hope everyone knows that my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek right now.
;)

:floorlaugh: Good stuff, puf!

1:22 seconds: "They told us they found evidence in that house yesterday but wouldn't say what."

1:26 seconds: "Police say they believe Mackenzie was killed near where Mackenzie's body was found."

I interpret that as meaning MC was killed while on the property and her body was moved post-mortem.

I believe there was initial confusion upon discovery. LE most likely went straight to where the body was reported discovered and noticed no bleed-out as might be expected from the stab would to the neck.

Subsequently, LE might have found bleed-out 'evidence' elsewhere on the property, or at least blood smear in a location where the body was previously placed or dragged.

Hey- it could very well be likely. How many serial killers have we had in Washington anyway? I was reading "The Stranger Beside Me," about Ted Bundy and the author said something about us breeding serial killers here, lol, :eek:

Breeding SKs? Maybe because of Columbia River toxicity? :dance:

I have a hunch that arrests will be made fairly soon. So, for the record, I wanted to post my most recent THEORY.

[Respectfully snipped for space]

WC and JF wrapped MC’s body up in the tarp, plastic sheeting, and/or carpet. They placed MC’s wrapped body in JF’s work trailer (probably while parked in the garage).

I realize your theory is speculation, but do you (or anyone) know for a fact that JF owns a work trailer?

They take the tarp, plastic sheeting, or carpet with them when they leave because they fear it could be traced back to one or both of them.

Do you have a theory on what became of the tarp, plastic sheeting or carpet after that?

Based on your theory, you don't lend any credibility to "the JF haircut" rumor, I gather?

I have a hunch that arrests will be made fairly soon. So, for the record, I wanted to post my most recent THEORY.

All events described herein take place on February 9, 2010:

///snippage///

3:55 p.m.—MC arrived at WC’s house and goes inside. MC and WC have a “talk.” MC informed WC that she wants to live solely with RC, and that, as soon as she turns 18 y.o. (April 1), she will be doing so. MC also told WC that MC and RC’s fiancée are becoming very close.

4:03 p.m.—WC became so enraged and hurt by MC’s plans and MC’s growing relationship with RC’s fiancée that she physically lashed out at MC. Initially, WC probably struck MC with her bare fists, but then grabbed some sort of “baseball bat-like” object and struck MC in the head with it at least two times. The blunt object breaks, but not before MC is substantially dazed. MC falls to the floor. Because the blunt object, by definition, is not sharp but dull, it causes little if any external bleeding. Instead, it causes at least one significant subdural hematoma (bleeding between the skull and brain). WC, therefore, got on top of MC and manually strangles her. MC still seemed to be alive, so WC grabbed a kitchen knife from its holder on the kitchen counter and stabbed MC one time in the neck.

4:05 p.m.—Time of death.

///snippage///

They return to WC’s house in Eagle Rock no later than 8:30 p.m.

WC and JF were unable to follow through on their plan to transport MC’s body further down river via boat because the level of the river remained too low to launch a boat. LE may also have been keeping a close eye on them during the next several days.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE that the foregoing is SPECULATION.

** I name JF as WC’s accomplice after-the-fact with a great deal of reluctance. The only reason I do so is simply because I don’t believe WC disposed of MC’s body on her own and I am not aware of anyone in WC’s life except JF. In short, I have no direct or indirect evidence indicative of JF’s involvement other than his mere association with WC.

If WC (and 'accomplice') had no alibi for during the relevant speculation timeframe, might not have LE offered her/them as P/sOI by now?

I interpret that as meaning MC was killed while on the property and her body was moved post-mortem.
[respectfully snipped]

That's how I interpret it also. JMO.

Oh well... we probably won't ever get a photo of JF, so I whipped this out a second ago. You locals feel free to print it out and use it for your recon.

52243196.jpg

;)

'plumber's crack' :puke: .. oh, puf .. :jester::rotfl::laughitup:

IF the rumored twice failed lie detectors test WERE true.....would it still be possible that the test taker was not involved in any way? Does anyone know any stats on the accuracy, etc?

I don't believe she was only 30 yards from the house. Although, I do not believe the AP reporter simply made up the number.

I believe an LE spokesman gave the AP that distances as an approximation where the body was located.

Respectfully snipped by me.

As I struggle to catch up on the posts, I have to comment on the various speculative suggestions regarding distance...with a comment and suggestion.

For those Sleuthers that golf, take a moment and ponder this....you are visitng, say, Flagstaff (AZ). You are playing 9 on a course you have never been to, and just teed off. Your ball drops nicely on the fairway (something I rarely do!!!) but you can't find a yardage marker.

How accurate is your estimate to the green? Is it possible that your guess was off?

I put this out there becuase we all seem to be happily bashing anyone who has made an estimate - be they reporter or law enforcement. I have yet to see a cop - or a reporter - conducting an interview with a range finder in hand to accurately report distances from their position.

As always, JMHO! :innocent:

52243196.jpg

;)

LOL!!! I about died when I saw this, too funny!! However, you're pretty darn close...seeing as I'd prefer not to give a full description of him I will give you this: change the hair to brown and you're pretty spot on.

But seriously, Puf...I heart you for this!

IF the rumored twice failed lie detectors test WERE true.....would it still be possible that the test taker was not involved in any way? Does anyone know any stats on the accuracy, etc?

From what I understand it's pretty easy to fail a lie detector test. A friend of mine who used to work in a corrections facility was the provider of this info.

OMG.....:eek::rolling::rotfl::laugh:

52243196.jpg

;)

I am sorry to be so vague but I guess I can't add much more. I know some LE in the valley and those in the know are very tight-lipped about this case - not that they would divulge anything to me either... In fact, I would be a jerk to ask. I would not want to put them in a position that would compromise the investigation and their personal integrity.

You asked them about a rumor and they verified that it was true, they weren't being very tight-lipped. And they did divulge something to you. And you did go ahead and post that on a message board on the Internet. Just sayin'...

My earlier post about the rumor validation was simply my interpretation...

What exactly does this mean? Did your person in the know (and you still haven't said if they are LE or not) confirm that he failed the polygraph, which you said earlier, or did not directly confirm it but did something that you interpreted to be confirmation?

I'm sorry, maybe I am easily confused, but this doesn't make much sense to me :waitasec:

I must agree with pufnstuf in regards to JF. I haven't heard or come across anything specific or concrete pointing to JF as the murderer or an accomplice after-the-fact. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only circumstance that we know which might possibly suggest JF had some involvement in MC's death is merely his "association" with WC. That innocuous circumstance is weak. . . . very weak.

My best GUESS is that, in the end, the perpetrator may turn out to be someone we don't "know" or haven't paid much attention to. IF polygraphs were failed, could it be because the one(s) being administered the polygraphs felt pretty sure they knew who committed the crime and somehow felt responsible for the circumstances that caused the perp and MC to cross paths and know one another, if they did? At least some of the questions might be failed that way....?

I further GUESS that the motive for the crime could be a feeling of being spurned, which could be pure invention in the mind of a very, very disturbed individual who never would have seriously been in the running for MC's affections in the first place. I wouldn't think that rape would necessarily have to be a part of that scenario but I haven't studied the statistics.

The perp may or may not be a person who ends up being a serial killer, if they aren't already. The varied methods used in cause of death might well indicate a first victim, with desperation and inexperience being manifested. (Conjecture.) Whether the person goes on to murder again could depend upon many factors. For now, the "venting" has occurred. If similar spurning is perceived by the disturbed mind, the perp now has past horrible but "effective" actions in his "bag of tricks". It is often easier for we humans to repeat an action we already know than to create a new response to "problem-solving". All pure imaginings of mine.

You asked them about a rumor and they verified that it was true, they weren't being very tight-lipped. And they did divulge something to you. And you did go ahead and post that on a message board on the Internet. Just sayin'...

What exactly does this mean? Did your person in the know (and you still haven't said if they are LE or not) confirm that he failed the polygraph, which you said earlier, or did not directly confirm it but did something that you interpreted to be confirmation?

I'm sorry, maybe I am easily confused, but this doesn't make much sense to me :waitasec:

Yes, my LE contact did confirm this rumor as true to me, but I will believe it when the case is solved and the facts about this case are known. Until then, I do not consider any information 100% accurate and verified.

How or why do you say it is bogus? Maybe your source is more reliable than mine?

Yes, my LE contact did confirm this rumor as true to me

I thought they were being tight-lipped and weren't talking to you?

erok said:
I know some LE in the valley and those in the know are very tight-lipped about this case - not that they would divulge anything to me either...

... and that you wouldn't have asked. much less compromised the investigation by posting what you heard on the Internet...

erok said:
In fact, I would be a jerk to ask. I would not want to put them in a position that would compromise the investigation and their personal integrity.

.. and that they didn't actually confirm the rumor?

erok said:
My earlier post about the rumor validation was simply my interpretation...

:waitasec:

erok said:
How or why do you say it is bogus? Maybe your source is more reliable than mine?

Because I haven't seen any proof, confirmation from LE, LE naming JF a "POI", reports in the news media about him failing a lie-detector test, etc. I don't have any special knowledge about the case, and if I claimed to have such knowledge, I'd fully expect to be challenged.

I'm not attacking you, and I am certainly not sleuthing you, but your statements seem a bit contradictory.

"I realize your theory is speculation, but do you (or anyone) know for a fact that JF owns a work trailer?"

No, I don't know much in the way of "fact" right now. Only a jury determines the facts. But, since JF owns his own sheet rocking “company,” I feel safe going out on a limb here and SPECULATE that he owns one or more trailers.

"Do you have a theory on what became of the tarp, plastic sheeting or carpet after that?"

I have a THEORY or two. It may have been taken back to the spec house and kept there for a while. That could have been one of the items that a neighbor or real estate agent reported to the police. On the other hand, it could have been discarded elsewhere before police searched the spec house or on the return trip to Wenatchee.

"Based on your theory, you don't lend any credibility to "the JF haircut" rumor, I gather?[/QUOTE]"

I don’t have the foggiest idea what to make of that rumor (as to its veracity).

To be sure, my scenario is based on the assumption that “the JF haircut” rumor is baseless. So, if “the JF haircut” rumor is in fact valid, then some of my scenario would obviously need revamping.

If “the JF haircut” rumor is valid, then JF is definitely eliminated from my list of possible murderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280