WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were being tight-lipped and weren't talking to you?

... and that you wouldn't have asked. much less compromised the investigation by posting what you heard on the Internet...

.. and that they didn't actually confirm the rumor?

:waitasec:

Because I haven't seen any proof, confirmation from LE, LE naming JF a "POI", reports in the news media about him failing a lie-detector test, etc. I don't have any special knowledge about the case, and if I claimed to have such knowledge, I'd fully expect to be challenged.

I'm not attacking you, and I am certainly not sleuthing you, but your statements seem a bit contradictory.

I simply stated that I knew different from someone else's comment.... and I did not provide any information that would compromise the investigation. Do you really think I am going to post something here that would include absolute proof - like a person's name and quote? Not a chance...

I'm sorry, amysmom, but I don't quite understand what your question is.

If your question is which direction were MC's feet facing, it would be east (i.e., her body would by lying west (head) to east (feet).

That's the impression I got from your hand-drawn map but I thought you had previously stated you thought she was lying north (head) to south (feet) as in facing the river..Maybe even propped up towards the river as someone else (not you) mentioned shortly after your post re: body placement.

eta..I don't mean to imply her feet were in the 'river' water since you've said numerous xs it had to be the pond/stream water.

If WC (and 'accomplice') had no alibi for during the relevant speculation timeframe, might not have LE offered her/them as P/sOI by now?

Probably not. LE doesn't seem to care what the public knows or thinks. LE seems solely focused on ensuring convictions. IMO

I don't understand how LE publicly naming a POI could possibly help the investigation or prosecution. It could only hurt them. IMO

So, I don't believe LE will ever publicly name anybody as a POI. The first time any names are made public they will be as Defendant(s)--not POIs. IMO.

That's the impression I got from your hand-drawn map but I thought you had previously stated you thought she was lying north (head) to south (feet) as in facing the river..Maybe even propped up towards the river as someone else (not you) mentioned shortly after your post re: body placement.

eta..I don't mean to imply her feet were in the 'river' water since you're said numerous xs it had to be the pond/stream water.

I don't recall ever stating MC was lying north to south. If I did, I must have misspoke.

I SPECULATE that MC was lying west to east.

The "propped-up" theory was not mine. I believe it is/was alt.theory's (?), who asked me whether propping up MC's body in an upright or sitting position was possible. I replied in the affirmative.

The credit & gas card would not be on her person IF the point of attempted mutilation (supposedly) was to erase her identity..If that part is false (I hope so!) the perp would still not want her to be so easily identified but then again leaving her in the SAME clothes she was last seen in blows this whole theory!

Re: WA 'serial killers'..A few yrs back a whole family was killed & 2 children were taken just to molest/rape them..One of them was eventually killed in front of the one that was later rescued..Was perp (caught TG!) ever labled a 'serial killer' & do I have it right being WA state?

I have a hunch that arrests will be made fairly soon. So, for the record, I wanted to post my most recent THEORY.

All events described herein take place on February 9, 2010:

3:01 p.m.—MC drove her car out of the Hair Academy parking lot.

3:25 to 3:45 p.m.—MC was at the River Front boat launch to clear her mind and think. At 3:42 p.m., MC and her boyfriend (JV) exchanged text messages, to-wit: “Hey.”

3:45 p.m.—MC left the boat launch and drives to WC’s house in Eagle Rock.

3:55 p.m.—MC arrived at WC’s house and goes inside. MC and WC have a “talk.” MC informed WC that she wants to live solely with RC, and that, as soon as she turns 18 y.o. (April 1), she will be doing so. MC also told WC that MC and RC’s fiancée are becoming very close.

4:03 p.m.—WC became so enraged and hurt by MC’s plans and MC’s growing relationship with RC’s fiancée that she physically lashed out at MC. Initially, WC probably struck MC with her bare fists, but then grabbed some sort of “baseball bat-like” object and struck MC in the head with it at least two times. The blunt object breaks, but not before MC is substantially dazed. MC falls to the floor. Because the blunt object, by definition, is not sharp but dull, it causes little if any external bleeding. Instead, it causes at least one significant subdural hematoma (bleeding between the skull and brain). WC, therefore, got on top of MC and manually strangles her. MC still seemed to be alive, so WC grabbed a kitchen knife from its holder on the kitchen counter and stabbed MC one time in the neck.

4:05 p.m.—Time of death.

WC contacted JF** and talked him into helping her clean up and dispose of MC’s body. WC and JF cleaned up the blood and other mess caused by the “homicidal violence.” They then paused for approximately one hour to consider their options and formulate a plan.

They disposed of the bloody kitchen knife, the blunt object, bloody towels, and etc. at a discreet location in or about the spec house. They grabbed a tarp, plastic sheeting, or spare roll of carpet from the spec house and brought it back to WC’s house.

WC and JF wrapped MC’s body up in the tarp, plastic sheeting, and/or carpet. They placed MC’s wrapped body in JF’s work trailer (probably while parked in the garage).

WC and JF decided to dispose of MC’s body at CB. So, WC and JF ditched MC’s car at the end of PC Road because that location is somewhat on the way to CB. WC drove MC’s car, while JF followed her. They parked MC’s car on PC Road at about 6:30 p.m.

WC and JF then drive to CB. They arrive at about 7:15 p.m.

MC’s wrapped body is placed into a wheel-barrow and transported to the middle of the “brushy-area.” MC’s body is dumped on the ground and the tarp, plastic sheeting or carpet is unrolled. JF attempts to dismember MC’s body but quickly finds he doesn’t have the stomach for it.

“Thinking on the fly,” WC and JF determine to return another day with a boat and dispose of MC’s body somewhere down river. Therefore, MC's body is carried or dragged to the duck blind area and placed in the brush near the stream. They possibly picked this spot because the stream makes a good landmark for a boat. They placed some loose brush and other vegetation on top of MC.

They take the tarp, plastic sheeting, or carpet with them when they leave because they fear it could be traced back to one or both of them.

They return to WC’s house in Eagle Rock no later than 8:30 p.m.

WC and JF were unable to follow through on their plan to transport MC’s body further down river via boat because the level of the river remained too low to launch a boat. LE may also have been keeping a close eye on them during the next several days.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE that the foregoing is SPECULATION.

** I name JF as WC’s accomplice after-the-fact with a great deal of reluctance. The only reason I do so is simply because I don’t believe WC disposed of MC’s body on her own and I am not aware of anyone in WC’s life except JF. In short, I have no direct or indirect evidence indicative of JF’s involvement other than his mere association with WC.

I would think if this scenario is true the person that helped WC would have caved by now... But maybe not...

I'd like to know if LE searched that Morse warehouse. Being so close to two places associated with MC (Gold's Gym) and her phone (boat launch) and seemingly abandoned... Just seems like a convenient place for things to happen or items to be dumped. The warehouse is directly between Gold's and the launch.

Wish we knew where that last ping was!

I simply stated that I knew different from someone else's comment.... and I did not provide any information that would compromise the investigation. Do you really think I am going to post something here that would include absolute proof - like a person's name and quote? Not a chance...

So basically, we have to take your word for it... correct?

I'd like to know if LE searched that Morse warehouse. Being so close to two places associated with MC (Gold's Gym) and her phone (boat launch) and seemingly abandoned... Just seems like a convenient place for things to happen or items to be dumped. The warehouse is directly between Gold's and the launch.

Wish we knew where that last ping was!

I agree; however, I believe that the Morse building had some type of open house shortly after MC disappeared. The building close to the dock was an industrial supply store years ago. Since then it has been a second hand store; it was only open for a couple of months. The owners of the second hand store seemed a little creepy.

The other night I drove by the Morse building and there was a white truck there dumping garbage, the main door was open and the lights were on. I assume they were to owners or something? It was late at night and on the weekend. I thought it was strange, just as strange as the white car that parks by the boat launch and leaves when you drive into the parking lot.

Oh well... we probably won't ever get a photo of JF, so I whipped this out a second ago. You locals feel free to print it out and use it for your recon.

52243196.jpg

Hope everyone knows that my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek right now. [/

funny! but you forgot the beer in his hand that is always there.

I don't recall ever stating MC was lying north to south. If I did, I must have misspoke.

I SPECULATE that MC was lying west to east.

The "propped-up" theory was not mine. I believe it is/was alt.theory's (?), who asked me whether propping up MC's body in an upright or sitting position was possible. I replied in the affirmative.

I still don't get the point of "propping" her up..What am I missing? :waitasec:

And in this west to east scenario the person/s who found her (supposedly) only saw her feet (in the water) so which direction would it be most likely they were walking? Seems to me it was towards her (vs away) for a few reasons..The feet would most likely be in their line of sight for longer & more easily noticed if the brush line stops at the point of the water..Do you know this to be true? It looks from pix that very rocky! shoreline gets less & less heading that way past the CB house..True? Also, is there a way off the beach other then up thru the CB yard if they were to continue in that direction?

How did they see her body to report the condition it was in? Did they sift thru the brush? I would never do that! I seriously doubt LE would allow anyone, even the finder/s, to remain on the beach once they arrived..Is it possible they were standing up on the CB yard looking down? If so, LE should not have allowed that either..imho

I agree; however, I believe that the Morse building had some type of open house shortly after MC disappeared. The building close to the dock was an industrial supply store years ago. Since then it has been a second hand store; it was only open for a couple of months. The owners of the second hand store seemed a little creepy.

The other night I drove by the Morse building and there was a white truck there dumping garbage, the main door was open and the lights were on. I assume they were to owners or something? It was late at night and on the weekend. I thought it was strange, just as strange as the white car that parks by the boat launch and leaves when you drive into the parking lot.

Has the thing with white car at boat launch been happening since BEFORE the murder?

Can it be the same CREEPY owners? IOW! They're baaaack! No matter what they're selling now I wouldn't ever go in to buy but that's just me..I'm ascared of CREEPY ppl! :)

I just noticed the WW removed the Mackenzie Cowell link on the right side of their page...

So basically, we have to take your word for it... correct?
You don't have to do anything.. we are all here for the same purpose - to help bring the killer to justice. Every comment, rumor or fact on this board should be taken carefully before including in your theory.
Keep in mind we are all hiding behind our user names and NOTHING here should be considered factual until the case details are made public. Not to discount our incredible WS'ers here but we do not know each other.

The reason for discussion is to see if the pieces we all offer can be put together.. that is why I asked for reason for the rumor to be bogus. Do you have better evidence or reasoning? If so, my theory will change.

Warning Graphic Content

We have talked a great deal about if there was an attempt to remove her identity to make it harder to determine who she was. I think most if this talk comes from the fact that the police had to use forensics to determine identity. In addition some of it may have come from rumors. There are many things that have to be done to a body to prevent identification. To the best of my knowledge none of these were done except bruising to her face. (To the best of my knowledge)

We know she died of manual strangulation and stab wounds to the throat. In reality one or the other killed her. Because of the bruising they know that she was manually strangulated and because of the stab marks they know she was stabbed in the throat. If she was strangled until she was unconscious, there would have been a lot of blood when she was stabbed. If she was strangled until she was dead, there would be less blood from the stabbing. I am sure LE knows which one most likely happened first. There was also some talk of bruising.

This is just my opinion. I believe that MC was tricked into going down to the dock. A group of individuals ambushed her and someone how got her to get into another vehicle. Her car was driven around town and the group took MC to the CB house. They drove to the CB house and into the garage. It is possible one of the people involved had been to the CB house or knew of it from family or friend.

I think she was most likely verbally and physically assaulted rapidly during the course of the evening. In the end one person held her in a choke hold (manual strangulation) maybe with the head pulled back while another person stabbed her in the throat. They may even have choked her until she became unconscious. Because of MC size, I do not think it would take much for another woman to have done this to her. After she was gone, someone beat her face with a blunt object (possible a rock) not to hide identity but because they hated or were jealous of her.

Then the body was taken to the shoreline. The group decided that they were going to get rid of the body. They tried to dismember her and decided that they could not, because it was too hard or they did not have the stomach for it. They may have even taken the body into the water and decided that it would not float away so they dragged it back to shore and left it.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Has the thing with white car at boat launch been happening since BEFORE the murder?

Can it be the same CREEPY owners? IOW! They're baaaack! No matter what they're selling now I wouldn't ever go in to buy but that's just me..I'm ascared of CREEPY ppl! :)

I don't know if it happened before I just know that it has happened since the murder. This is not that unusual. I have driven into the parking lot before and had cars drive off. It usually happens when a couple want privacy. But in reality the only people that know what was going on are the people in the car.

Who posted that info about the Crescent Bar wedding and the link to the photo album yesterday? I can't find it. There were pics of the wedding and I wondered if JF might be in the pics?

I would appreciate the link re-posted as well....or at least some general directions on where to look!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea