GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of telling to me was when the reporter asked how much manpower was being devoted to chasing the rumors, he said that if there appears to be a shred of truth to it, they are investigating.

But he did follow that up by saying no rumors have had any shred of truth yet, which I'm hoping means they know quite a bit.

Oh, no, Chief is addressing rumour and shuffling papers, I can't hear.

This is not what I expected, he is very nervous.

He did look nervous. Not as much as he did on the Justice with Judge Jeanine show, but still more so than in other 13 wmaz videos.

Kind of telling to me was when the reporter asked how much manpower was being devoted to chasing the rumors, he said that if there appears to be a shred of truth to it, they are investigating.

More like "if it seems plausible" not sure that was the exact word but then I thought, well how do you know what is and what isnt'??

What stuck with me was they were not discussing arrests with the DA. Only discussing the info they have received. If they do not have an arrest in mind at this point, are they going to discuss removing people as POI with the DA? I would think if they had enough to make an arrest, they would have that done ASAP. They can always keep gathering more evidence to support the arrest before a trial. But, if they can't justify an arrest, what does that say?

That was depressing, not at all the firm re-assurance that I expected.

I, too, am frustrated with the lack of answers in this case. However, I have to believe that they are taking extra precaution and putting together an airtight case before any arrests are made. We do not want a repeat of the Casey Anthony case. And, if they are putting together an airtight case against SM, then they know they have some time because he's not going anywhere in the immediate future.

the wait is frustrating, the LE have done all they can. The forensics will tell them to go forward with what they thing is true or to go in a different directions, if it's the latter, this will go unsolved

He did look nervous. Not as much as he did on the Justice with Judge Jeanine show, but still more so than in other 13 wmaz videos.

Clkwrks: WHERE IS THAT SHOW,is it on youtube or her site? I dont' have cable at the lakehouse so I missed that interview! Thanks

I knew it, they have nothing...............only more of the same, waiting on forensics

Wouldnt' offer one bit of info. I'm guessing they dont' have anything else to do on this case especially until forensics are back. One article said they expected it back that week and that was posted on teh 14th July...........so is this an excessively long time to wait for forensics? Of course they sent truck loads (so2speak) to the VA lab.......

SO..........ONE POI I'm assuming. So if it's not him we're all up shoot creek and then there will be a serial killer on the loose.
He said discussing with DA first of next week on cases, not arrest.
Dead black female found in river was not a murder but there was dead body in river last week.......
He needs lessons on live tv, too much rattling that darn paper and mumbling...........
You're right Wondergirl, he's stressed or sick of the whole thing,seemed frustrated
They have never said they only have ONE POI. I heard two initially, then several. Now, he isn't confirming or denying anything on that question.

I'm sorry, but, how can LE firmly say that there is not a serial killer on the loose, but yet not have an arrest in this case?

It just does not line up.

However, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, because today was the day to fess up if there is a chance that the suspect is not already in custody, and that the public is in danger, and they did not do that.

So....we have to trust LE, right?

It's over.

They have nothing, omg.

This is not good. The poor Chief. His body language says it all. :(

He is stressed. :eek:

I didn't see that at all. I think that he is exhausted. I also believe that this presser was to just quell the rumors, and tell people to sit tight and let them do their job.

Clkwrks: WHERE IS THAT SHOW,is it on youtube or her site? I dont' have cable at the lakehouse so I missed that interview! Thanks

Sorry, It's not online (that I know of) It's a regular show on the national Fox News channel. They did a spot on the Giddings case. It really wasn't any more revealing than anything else we've seen from 13 wmaz or in the papers

He may be going somewhere on August 4th. He does have a bond hearing.

True, but that's still over a week away. A lot can happen in a week, especially if they are planning to meet with the DA early on. I took that as a good sign.

IMO, they have a LOT of evidence and they know exactly where they are going with this case. They just aren't sharing much with the public yet - and I'm fine with that if they think it will jeopardize the investigation.

I would imagine that is why he said they are meeting with the DA at the beginning of next week...?

He stated they have been meeting regularly. It isn't something new. And he said they were not discussing arrests, only the info they have.

I agree... size wise, Macon is fairly large, but publicity wise, this is not something Chief Burns looks comfortable with. He appears as if he just wishes the whole "media" portion of this case would go away so the mpd could concentrate on just the case itself. I think the only reason for the presser today was because of the rumors going around...they know the citizens are about to explode.... just waiting with no new information. However, this made me feel MORE like there IS a 'serial killer' on the loose, instead of the opposite. I know some people might disagree with me, but I guess its because I'm a local... I know this town... and unfortunately I don't put it past the local authorities to cover up something this large... sorry I just don't.... I did not come out of this feeling reassured, that is definite.

53 People on Lauren's thread right now, 37 Guests.

Why don't you sign up and join us in the discussion, guest readers?

Websleuths is a great forum.

Hopefully, we will witness justice happen for poor Lauren here. That is what she deserves so badly.

What stuck with me was they were not discussing arrests with the DA. Only discussing the info they have received. If they do not have an arrest in mind at this point, are they going to discuss removing people as POI with the DA? I would think if they had enough to make an arrest, they would have that done ASAP. They can always keep gathering more evidence to support the arrest before a trial. But, if they can't justify an arrest, what does that say?

My thinking is that they don't have a SUSPECT so therefore no ARREST can be made adn they have NO EVIDENCE on anyone to call a suspect, virtually I see it as a deadend, there was no crime scene evidence that could be seen with the naked eye or enough to cause concern, but I'd heard rumours of blood in shoes--bringing that up becuase if they had, woudlnt' that be enough suspicion to arrest someone?? Seeing how dismemberment causes much blood and master key of McD?? NO i think they have nothing until the forensics return. I think McD is incarcerated waiting on bond so long becuase they are hoping for test results on him to be confirmed from drains or clothes or something. IF they'd seen blood with infrared or luminol in any POI apartment, they'd have made an arrest alread of suspcion or atleast have a Suspect, not sure when a suspect can be arrested or what warrants an arrest . Ms Spencer neighbro heard nothing out of the ordinary, whatever ordianary is there. usually quiet I think except for McD cursing at his video war games or such and running back and forth in his apt above hers.

Yeah if they dont find any blood or fingerprints on McD, deadend.....serial killer will not be rumour then!

I guess I'm disappointed. I keep looking at SM and not being convinced he is the one. On the other hand, I was hoping today he would announce SM was being charged because all the evidence pointed to him. I want it to be him. If the evidence isn't there now, is it because it isn't leading in his direction? THAT possibility scares me. It opens up all the other possibilities running through my head.

He may be going somewhere on August 4th. He does have a bond hearing.

Hi MOM, can you explain what you mean by that? Just didnt' understand.

He will be bonded becuase there is no obvious reason to hold him, do you think? His parents moved his stuff out of apt, he was scheduled to leave the 15th anyway. SO home to Stone Mountain? But he's not a suspect until the forensics come back and point to him. He's only charged with burglary and laurens apt wasnt burglarized. I dont' knwo what else they think they have on him

I agree... size wise, Macon is fairly large, but publicity wise, this is not something Chief Burns looks comfortable with. He appears as if he just wishes the whole "media" portion of this case would go away so the mpd could concentrate on just the case itself. I think the only reason for the presser today was because of the rumors going around...they know the citizens are about to explode.... just waiting with no new information. However, this made me feel MORE like there IS a 'serial killer' on the loose, instead of the opposite. I know some people might disagree with me, but I guess its because I'm a local... I know this town... and unfortunately I don't put it past the local authorities to cover up something this large... sorry I just don't.... I did not come out of this feeling reassured, that is definite.

I CONCUR, read my other rantings. lol. THanks. These small town minded cops can do whatever they want, I lived in Warner Robins, I know, also know some Macon cops dont' do their job properly or timely, experienced it...........Scary........to be human is to err.........intentional or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member