Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if any bank accounts have been traced to these brothers? Wish I had a credit bureau friend.

From another poster:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57580608/boston-bombing-suspect-in-serious-condition/

Of course, he and his brother were in a big shoot-out," said Miller. "But [investigators are] saying that wound to the back of the neck is very possibly a suicide attempt. They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him. That's one of the reasons he's unable to communicate, but he can understand what they're saying. And they believe there will be a point where he will be able to talk to him.

Thanks.

Can we expand on this theory? Can we sort of back calculate what they planned versus what was spur of the moment so we can figure out how much planning and money would have gone into this?

3. The timing - I think they just picked a place and time where there was guaranteed to be a large crowd, showed up, agreed they'd be a block apart, parted, each planted their own, walked away a safe distance, detonated, then when the first brother heard the first bomb, the second detonates his.

I don't know... it doesn't seem very sophisticated. But the guns and rifles they are supposed to have had would come from somewhere/someone.

Respectfully snipped by me. You have to know a good amount about the race to choose that moment, to be honest. If they were looking for a statement and the most VIP's, they could have detonated them when the leaders crossed the finish line. If they were looking for maximum casualties, they picked a time where the largest numbers of runners were finishing, and the largest amount of loved ones were cheering everyone on.

I dont believe either of them came up with that scenario. I think the timing- tax day, Patriots Day, approaching anniversaries of Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing, was designed to confuse and point to a domestic terror group as well, instead of a possible foreign influence.

JMO. We will find out more soon, I believe, provided he survives.

I think John Miller is full of it. And, for some reason, he really bothers me.

Any official word on Dzhokhar's condition will come from the FBI.

From another poster:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57580608/boston-bombing-suspect-in-serious-condition/

Of course, he and his brother were in a big shoot-out," said Miller. "But [investigators are] saying that wound to the back of the neck is very possibly a suicide attempt. They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him. That's one of the reasons he's unable to communicate, but he can understand what they're saying. And they believe there will be a point where he will be able to talk to him.

So he must be conscious. If he can't speak, as others have noted, he can write.

MOO

So the aunt says she will only go home with the bodiesof her nephews, is she forgetting one of them is still alive?

She lives in Canada doesn't she? Wonder if Americans or Canadians are calling in the threats? I agree, it might be time to go home. I worry about the uncle for his safety. He seemed like a genuinely good person.

The one thing I am most curious about is what their intentions were - meaning, did they believe their bombs would kill more people and failed, or was this to wreak havoc and chaos as part of a bigger plan?

Not all terrorists who have used bombs were suicide bombers. Like these two brothers, Timothy McVeigh calmly walked away and would have gotten away (for a while) if not for the traffic stop. However, most of these "extremists" do not fear death or losing their own life for the "cause".

MOO

1st immed thought? dirty.bomb. <it's been too long

i DON'T KNOW BUT I AM THINKING MORE AND MORE THE BROTHER GOT
"BOMBED ON"oops capslock... at the marathon. I think he got hit with shrapnel and got the cr@p burned out of himself! -seriously COVERED from head to toe in..
had so many penetrating wounds when he arrived at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center early Friday that it isn't clear which ones killed him...
...........The FBI has not allowed hospital officials to say any more about his wounds or condition..
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/doctor-dead-bomb-suspect-had-wounds-head-toe

Did we ever see video of TT AFter the bomb? no. just JT.
Is it possible he is the one we saw run with shredded clothes after bomb #2?
That is why they had to take the car right then with no headlights and bumpers.

What if it was TT sitting in that car and bleeding?
I am sure it will be checked.

Did JT hop in TT's car then run over him and wreck it?

And reportedly very unhappy that his younger brother smoked weed regularly.
whoa! :huh:
Two Russian speaking men in their early 20s later arrived at the apartment and told reporters they were journalists from the Boston Globe.
They then entered the apartment through an unlocked patio door. When asked what they were doing they said: ‘We are friends of theirs. They are talking, they are talking’ and closed the door.
When MailOnline rang the City desk of the Boston Globe, a man said: ‘We’re very busy right now. Consider us informed’.
i am so far behind! I can't catch up. :mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bomber-arrested-female.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

moo
images
crayola_crayon_color_chart-300x300.jpg

So the aunt says she will only go home with the bodiesof her nephews, is she forgetting one of them is still alive?

She isn't thinking logically at all, IMO. She isn't making sense unless she 100% believes DT will die soon. JMO

Respectfully snipped by me. You have to know a good amount about the race to choose that moment, to be honest. If they were looking for a statement and the most VIP's, they could have detonated them when the leaders crossed the finish line. If they were looking for maximum casualties, they picked a time where the largest numbers of runners were finishing, and the largest amount of loved ones were cheering everyone on.

I dont believe either of them came up with that scenario. I think the timing- tax day, Patriots Day, approaching anniversaries of Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing, was designed to confuse and point to a domestic terror group as well, instead of a possible foreign influence.

JMO. We will find out more soon, I believe, provided he survives.

We may not have to wait until he talks. Every scrap either of them has written, will be examined. Both with pen and with computer. Every person they ever exchanged names with will likely be questioned. Every person they maintained contact with regularly will be more than talked to, they will be examined thoroughly.

It is very likely that one of them wrote something. Or talked to someone. They were young, idealistic and reckless. Someone else will know. And soon FBI will know too.

BTW has anyone seen or heard anything that the wife of the older one is talking? She is the one I would like to hear from.

And reportedly very unhappy that his younger brother smoked weed regularly.

That was what stood out to me when I read the article on the unsolved murders. I think that it was a female friend of Suspect 2 that remarked how Suspect 1 was unhappy about little brother smoking pot. If Suspect 2 had become extremist, maybe he wasn't happy about his only American friend / "best friend" doing drugs and therefore covered the bodies with the drugs as some sort of symbol.

Agreed. I have been approaching all media with caution after the debacle these last few days.

Leave it to public radio, however, to do a story on the tried and true methods for accurate reporting during high pressure situations. It was really funny-there were so many reporters local to Boston, they could report their own experiences. My favorite was the guy who ran out of batteries while he was interviewing folks on tape. He added "always carry extra batteries" to his rules.

We may not have to wait until he talks. Every scrap either of them has written, will be examined. Both with pen and with computer. Every person they ever exchanged names with will likely be questioned. Every person they maintained contact with regularly will be more than talked to, they will be examined thoroughly.

It is very likely that one of them wrote something. Or talked to someone. They were young, idealistic and reckless. Someone else will know. And soon FBI will know too.

BTW has anyone seen or heard anything that the wife of the older one is talking? She is the one I would like to hear from.

I hope they spirited her and their daughter somewhere out of reach. :( (from the media and the public...not LE)

Her mother (wife's mother) made a statement. Possibly the media is respecting her privacy because of the child .
http://northkingstown.patch.com/art...connection-with-boston-bombing#photo-14064403

That was what stood out to me when I read the article on the unsolved murders. I think that it was a female friend of Suspect 2 that remarked how Suspect 1 was unhappy about little brother smoking pot. If Suspect 2 had become extremist, maybe he wasn't happy about his only American friend / "best friend" doing drugs and therefore covered the bodies with the drugs as some sort of symbol.

Maybe this guy sold or gave weed to little brother and #1 was not happy?

Part of John Miller's background:

snipped

Director Robert S. Mueller, III is pleased to announce the appointment of John Miller to be the assistant director for the Office of Public Affairs. In this position, Mr. Miller will oversee the FBI's internal and external communications, including relations with the news media and handling of fugitive publicity, community relations, and other communications support. He will fill a vacancy left by Cassandra M. Chandler, who has been appointed special agent in charge of the FBI's Norfolk, Virginia Division.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...d-assistant-director-office-of-public-affairs

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-20121358/john-miller/

She lives in Canada doesn't she? Wonder if Americans or Canadians are calling in the threats? I agree, it might be time to go home. I worry about the uncle for his safety. He seemed like a genuinely good person.

I am thinking of the contrast of the aunt and the uncle. Aunt said she hadn't been in contact with the family right? Aunt is condemning, in denial, they were set up etc. Actually pretty much the norm for a person who doesn't believe or doesn't want to believe (maybe a little more public but norm for grief.)

Now in contrast. The uncle also says he wasn't in contact with the family didn't he? Yet he is speaking harshly against the nephews. Very outspoken. Very quickly accepting of what happened with the nephews of which he seemed to like at least one.

The video I saw, I would almost say he was attempting to stir up outrage. Maybe?

Who would be spiriting her out of reach?

I'm thinking the arrest of the two friends and the two females left behind after the arrests? I'm wondering if one was his wife.

If on a 'mission' wouldn't he make arrangements for the wife and child? And if he went down, it is possible that someone doesn't want her to speak to LE. If there are others involved, she might know names etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa