The ransom note - Patsy or intruder? It's all in the detail.

Holdon, if you could take a few minutes and answer me this id appreciate it. Ok leaving your opinions of the perp in the ramseys case at the door, imagine your child has just been abducted after reading a rn found in your house one morning. The rn note says that if u even so much as talk to another person about the abduction,your child will not only killed but beheaded. Would you honestly then call 4 friends over and your pastor?

No, then I'd call 911. No hesitation on that one.

After that I might call 4 friends and a pastor. Having just seen these people might make them easier to call and notify them of this problem. Maybe someone might know something. You never know. When your kid is missing you would tend to look at many possibilities.

I've never been that interested in the R's post-murder behavior. Its not like they ran from police. In fact they provided handwriting and other samples, which failed to link them to the crime.

the staging was sloppily done.even JR himself said he could have done a better job of it.it wasn't done by someone w/ experience.

As Mr. DeNiro says, "it was amateur night. You could tell."

Without foundation in the facts?? What about all those acronyms on that list?? Didn't you notice that practically every SFF on that list has an acronym to go along with it? SBTC, hello? There was an ACRONYM in the RN.

Yeah, but do those acronyms originate in their language or in English. I mean, an Arabic acronym might not come out the same.

Patsy Ramsey was specifically asked in a police interview, whether or not she was able to write left-handed. She indicated that she was, to an extent that was better than most people. Why did she just not say no? Even the most stupid of people would know that this was leading somewhere, so if she had murdered her daughter and had written the note left-handed, all she had to say was - NO!

Why take the chance, Callan?

How on earth is anyone going to prove otherwise? Yes, an old member of her school class said that she could, but so what? all she had to say was that she must have been mistaken, or that she was lying.

But the damage would already be done.

In other words - SLOWLY.
Please explain then, how it is that she had to cross out words, or had to insert them?

Are you kidding? Happens to me all the time.

So you are saying that if she lied about not being able to write left-handed, the police or whoever, could prove that she was lying?

It's called impeaching credibility, Callan. It's quite common in these investigations.

What would they have done, tortured her, until she admitted it?

There are so many bitter responses I could furnish, but I won't.

You RDIs appear to change things around, when it suits you.

A truly ironic condemnation.

For example, a Star Trek film was going the rounds at that time, where not only is someone killed with a garrotte, but 'foreign faction' is refered to.

If you refer to "Star Trek: First Contact," I believe you are mistaken. I've seen that movie about ten times, and I don't recall either of those. The "Eastern Coalition" and "new faction" are mentioned, but that's it.

First of all, how on earth did you arrive at the conclusion, that I was stating that she was ambidextrous? I simply asked how anyone could prove that she could write with her left hand. If we met face to face and I asked you if you could write left-handed and you repled no, but really you could - how would I be able to prove that you lied?

Several ways, actually.

According to a source, this school teacher stated to them, that Patsy was ambidextrous. However, for some reason, she was never questioned by police. This was in 2001, 4 years after Patsy Ramsey had provided all her handwriting samples, including left-handed. At that time, the case virtually dominated the whole of any news programme, yet the school teacher never thought to contact police at that particular time.

Callan, it's not that odd for a witness not to come forward for some years. A lot of times, they wait until someone comes to them.

By your logic Holdon, Patsy must be a prime suspect for you, considering she was also well known to use acronyms quite frequently in her letter witting.

Nice one, Charlie!

No, then I'd call 911. No hesitation on that one.

After that I might call 4 friends and a pastor. Having just seen these people might make them easier to call and notify them of this problem. Maybe someone might know something. You never know. When your kid is missing you would tend to look at many possibilities.

Holdon thanks for answering the question and i agree you might telephone your friends to ask questions but inviting them over to your house when the ransom note implicitly says the perp is monitoring your movements is insane and i honestly dont think any innocent parent would take that chance. Again holdon would you have invited your friends and pastor over to your house?

Let's talk about the neighbors statements and how they would fit into this intrudor theory:

The neighbor who notices the light in the sunroom is off....something she has never seen.

The neighbor next door: Sees a light on in the kitchen...a light he describes as if someone were walking around as if not to wake anyone?

The neighbor who hears a scream around 2am? The husband who hears a clanging sound afterwords.

The neighbor who has a dog in the alley who would bark at the wind.

If this intruder struck JonBenet and she screamed....then he would have run out of the home...dropped the weapon....and the dog would start barking.

This didn't happen folks. If this intruder took off after JonBenet screamed...then who wrapped her lovingly in a blanket?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Holdon thanks for answering the question and i agree you might telephone your friends to ask questions but inviting them over to your house when the ransom note implicitly says the perp is monitoring your movements is insane and i honestly dont think any innocent parent would take that chance. Again holdon would you have invited your friends and pastor over to your house?

I think the black and white out front would make calling friends over a moot point.

As Mr. DeNiro says, "it was amateur night. You could tell."

Yeah, but do those acronyms originate in their language or in English. I mean, an Arabic acronym might not come out the same.

Why take the chance, Callan?

But the damage would already be done.

Are you kidding? Happens to me all the time.

It's called impeaching credibility, Callan. It's quite common in these investigations.

There are so many bitter responses I could furnish, but I won't.

A truly ironic condemnation.

If you refer to "Star Trek: First Contact," I believe you are mistaken. I've seen that movie about ten times, and I don't recall either of those. The "Eastern Coalition" and "new faction" are mentioned, but that's it.

Several ways, actually.

Callan, it's not that odd for a witness not to come forward for some years. A lot of times, they wait until someone comes to them.

Nice one, Charlie!

A lot of answers [some sillier than others] now when are you and the others, going to get round to offering an explanation of the FACTS contained in my previous [letter U] posting?

Don't you just love these RDIs? :banghead:

Callan,who (specifically,as best you can describe),do YOU think wrote the note?

Holdon, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that you think the intrduer wrote a 3 page rn in order to buy time to leave area? If i were the intruder and time was a factor in leaving the area, i think id avoid sitting down wasting valuable "fleeing time" writing a 3 page rn and instead just leave. Your argument seems illogical.

It not only SEEMS illogical...it IS illogical. Shoot...I know that if I were an intruder, and wanted to get out of some place fast, because I feared being caught....the FIRST thing that I would do...is sit down and write a 3 page ransom note, to "buy myself some time"....:rolleyes: I mean, come ON....who wouldn't? And again I say....:rolleyes:

I remember the "figure-8 "q"s in the side-by-side" and was completely wide-eyed when i saw them, i think for me that was the clincher the Patsy was the rn author. Ive been trying to find the side by side comparison to post it on this thread but cant. I remember a poster had it as their signature, does anyone remember who, or where i can find it so it can be posted?

Charlie,
There is a poster over on FFJ that has it in their signature...I will see if I can find out who it is.

You also have to remember that the note was written at some speed. It contained not only words that were either crossed out or inserted, but a change of mind. ''We do like your business'' – then ''not''. JonBenet was to be ''delivered'' back – then it was to a be ''pick-up''. This would not have occurred, if it had been written slowly.

Callan i think you just answered your own question. Had to rn been written slowly and was therefore well thoughtout, the writer would have sustained their normal writing style more easily than had it been written fast.

Charlie,
There is a poster over on FFJ that has it in their signature...I will see if I can find out who it is.

Thanks Ames id apprechiate it, because it was when i saw that particular signiture that my mind was blown away on the rn issue.

Thanks Ames id apprechiate it, because it was when i saw that particular signiture that my mind was blown away on the rn issue.

Hey,
I looked but couldn't find it...as the signature of the poster on FFJ. I pm'd one of the other posters to see if they could help...I don't know if the poster that had it in their signature, removed it or not. I will keep re-searching, and let you know what I find....

Meanwhile we have THIS for comparison....

POST #18

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=2&pp=12

Callan,who (specifically,as best you can describe),do YOU think wrote the note?

When I first started posting some years ago, I stated that the writer slipped-up on the first page, when the word 'bring' was used. I was then and still am convinced, that at that time, the killer worked in a bank that John Ramsey regularly used. By using that particular word, indicated that they were exspecting John Ramsey to arrive at that bank, to collect the money. The amount of money asked for, which virtually equalled the bonus paid to John Ramsey, was obviously connected to this and meant that only relatively few people could have known this and a bank worker would have been one of them.

It was suggested, that the word 'bring' could have been written by Patsy Ramsey [out of context] because she was born and raised in the the 'Deep South' . However, I was able to provide examples of her vocabulary, which showed that this was NOT the case.

I will post this evidence later.

Callan i think you just answered your own question. Had to rn been written slowly and was therefore well thoughtout, the writer would have sustained their normal writing style more easily than had it been written fast.

Sorry - you've lost me. :confused:

Callan you need to go to acandyrose, which has a very extensive analysis of the similarities between Patsy's handwriting and the laughable ransom note--The evidence is clear and strong: Patsy wrote the note, and Patsy was the killer

The evidence is clear and strong: Patsy wrote the note, and Patsy was the killer

You forgot to put a period or an exclamation point after this "Patsy wrote the note, and Patsy was the killer". A question mark would be bad english, very very bad english.

"Patsy was the killer" sounds like a good line in a poem. It would be fitting since Lizzie and Patsy were about 100 years apart and both had a romance with an intruder.

Callan you need to go to acandyrose, which has a very extensive analysis of the similarities between Patsy's handwriting and the laughable ransom note--The evidence is clear and strong: Patsy wrote the note, and Patsy was the killer

YES...she did, and YES she was!!!!!

Sorry - you've lost me. :confused:

Maybe i read your post wrong, i thought you were trying to illustrate that the occurrences of patsy's letter writing style was significantly low in the rn when compared to her samples, therefore you concluded Patsy could not have been the rn author? You also mentioned that the rn was most likely written fast due to the editing of the rn ie words being crossed out and rewritten. I was suggesting in response to that when a person writes something of length fast they usually can't sustain their normal writing style as opposed to writing it slowly and it being well thought out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back