GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a person on parole allowed to live in the wilderness??

What address would he use? Parents? Why would they allow him to do that knowing his status as a parolee?

Also,

LE was using a ladder to access the tree. Did the CREEP have a ladder when he placed the bodies there? I guess we don't know those logistics. But if they needed a ladder, wouldn't he? Maybe he's adept at climbing...but with that much weight?

I think this guy has been a creeper for a long time. I think his parent's know he's a creeper....killing animals, etc.

How is a person on parole allowed to live in the wilderness??

What address would he use? Parents? Why would they allow him to do that knowing his status as a parolee?

Maybe they know he's a psycho and didn't want him in their house. I certainly wouldn't.

What is it with squirrel people lately? :waitasec:

MH's Mother must be horrified as well, I would assume.

No, sorry, I believe that LE indicated in the presser that they cut an entrance into the tree above the place where the bodies were. The sheriff mentioned Ohio Dept. Of Nat'l Resources assisting them on this investigation, and my guess is that likely they consulted with them on what the best way would be to remove the victims with the most dignity possible and with the best chances for preservation of evidence.

The Columbus Dispatch is now saying Hoffman's attorney told LE where the bodies were.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...searchers-fan-out-in-knox-county.html?sid=101

WBNS-TV is reporting that the bodies were discovered at about 2:30 p.m. near the North Branch of the Kokosing River Lake, near Waterford Road in Fredericktown.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...knox-county-missing-bodies-found.html?sid=102

This is a very sad case. My heart goes to the families of the victims.

There are many folks everywhere that are madder than hades at Hoffman right now. :furious:

I'm in OH about an hour away....been camping not too far from this area for years...so sad. Our local news showed a crime scene investigator on a ladder about 8-10 feet off the ground peering into the hole that LE cut into the tree...looks to be a decently large tree...a large man probably would not fit in the hole they cut, but a woman, probably. So I would think it's possible the deceased were found intact.

Not sure how LE came to be in possession of the receipt....did someone find it, was it found in the home, or did he use one of the victim's credit cards, since he doesn't seem to have had any money of his own? My guess is that they got the security footage from Wal-Mart which they were then able to show the image to neighbors who identified him?? If SM was seen with him on the security footage that would explain why they thought there was a reasonable chance she could be in the home with him. If these purchases were made on Wednesdsay, SM would have not yet been reported missing, right? Sad at the presser when the sheriff indicated that SM was thought to be present in the home when the killings occurred. Yet as LE could not say definitely that the individuals they were looking for were deceased it gives me hope that she did not witness him harming them. Has it been said what time TH was supposed to arrive for her shift at work? Or what time SS was thought to have arrived at TH's house?

BBM: An article today said 4pm. That is the first I have seen the question answered. HTH

BTW, I thought the same thing about SM possibly being with him or on video somewhere with him, and that is how they felt pretty sure she was there. I think he may indeed have left the receipt in their house.

I wonder how many tarps he bought at Walmart, PRIOR to going to their house?

Did he go back to Walmart for more tarps?

LE must have known the number of tarps he bought, and that 3 were missing. It was reported today that 3 tarps were on the ground, I am presuming that there was one for each of them. :(

Also,

LE was using a ladder to access the tree. Did the CREEP have a ladder when he placed the bodies there? I guess we don't know those logistics. But if they needed a ladder, wouldn't he? Maybe he's adept at climbing...but with that much weight?

I think this guy has been has been a creeper for a long time. I think his parent's know he's a creeper....killing animals, etc.

It's entirely possible he had access to all sorts of tree climbing equipment since he worked for a tree trimming company.

Is it possible for a mod to at least change the titles of these threads with their last names instead of 2 women 2 children?

Maynard -Hermann-Sprang

Just seems like it would be more respectful.

I just heard about this case, but I was wondering if someone can help my eyes with a link or information on how the 13 year old girl was found that the perps house? What led them to go there?

I just heard about this case, but I was wondering if someone can help my eyes with a link or information on how the 13 year old girl was found that the perps house? What led them to go there?

Lera, I think that's the question of the day....

"A Walmart receipt listing Hoffman's purchase of trash bags, a tarp and other items led to his arrest and the discovery that he was holding Sarah Maynard captive. Authorities have not said where the receipt was found."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...searchers-fan-out-in-knox-county.html?sid=101

It's entirely possible he had access to all sorts of tree climbing equipment since he worked for a tree trimming company.

He only worked there for 3 weeks, then they let him go because he creeped them out.. not sure how long he'd been out of work though....

He was let go from Fast Eddy's about 3 weeks prior to when the 4 went missing.

I'm in OH about an hour away....been camping not too far from this area for years...so sad. ...(snipped)...

How is a person on parole allowed to live in the wilderness??...(snipped)...

This is why I don't like camping (even though we do it): DH is afraid of bears, I'm afraid of whackos. :(

Lera, to my knowledge that information has not yet been released.

MH's Mother must be horrified as well, I would assume.

I'm sure she is. So sad. I remember watching an interview with Dahmer's parents where they said they had no idea and that he was a normal child. Then it came out later that there was knowledge of the animal killings....and I remember thinking, Umm....that's not normal. How can they say he was a normal child when they knew he did that to animals?.

Were they trying to portray him as a normal child so as not to feel blame for what he did as an adult? For not seeking some kind of treatment for him? Although I don't think any amount of therapy can help someone like that. And I did feel bad for his father when he was crying and looked helpless. What is a parent to do? Like I said, maybe MH parent's were frightened of him. I would be frightened of my son if he had attempted to kill all those people by burning their homes down. Also, I just don't think MH began his psychotic behavior at the age of 20 and all of a sudden thought of killing people. He most certainly has a juvenile history. Whether we know it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500