GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No confession here, so they say.

Authorities said they had been contacted by Hoffman's lawyer, but would not characterize the information as a confession. The county prosecutor would not say whether officials had cut a deal to encourage him to talk.

Barber said there were no other suspects involved and would not speculate on a motive.

Barber said he believed the victims were killed in their blood splattered house in Howard, Ohio, about 10 miles where Hoffman lived. The sheriff said Sarah was also at house at the time, but wouldn't say whether she witnessed the killings. The sheriff would not comment on the type of weapon used in the murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bodies-missing-people-found-ohio-police/story?id=12184250

My son has early onset schizophrenia (as well as other issues) and I'm soo scared that one day I'll be one of "those parents" He's been in therapy for years on meds so many different kinds and nothing helps. The safety net for people and children with assorted types of psychosis just isn't there. What is a parent to do when your child meets all 3 of the serial killer triad and no one will listen.... I can sympathize with these parents...

Dang, Peeples. I can't even imagine how scary that must be for you.

*Hugs*

I hope someone will work to put together a sholarshare fund or something of the like for Sarah. If everyone on the FB page donated just $5 we could all help her future at least.

My son has early onset schizophrenia (as well as other issues) and I'm soo scared that one day I'll be one of "those parents" He's been in therapy for years on meds so many different kinds and nothing helps. The safety net for people and children with assorted types of psychosis just isn't there. What is a parent to do when your child meets all 3 of the serial killer triad and no one will listen.... I can sympathize with these parents...

Bless your heart, you must be so worried and scared...........((((hugs))))

Phew! At least we have this at the top of the page at the end of this sad day:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

I am the one who days ago asked where would a squirrel hide his nuts. I just kept thinking of someone elses post.....the poster was talking about SM and saying something about silence of the lambs.... about coveting..... I just kept thinking of him eating squirrels and coveting them, ingesting them in an attempt to become one. He loved leaves, he loved hanging in trees, I felt homeboy thought he was a squirrel. I think he stored them, and I do believe he may not have molested the SM, I think he was holding her to grow her as future Mrs. Squirrel. I am so sorry, I worked for 15 years with inmates.... I did not write that post days ago as a joke, but it seemed to upset people so I shut my mouth....
That is amazing thinking and a perfect example of how everyone at Websleuths is important and we should listen to what they have to say. You never know when the oddest thing could help solve a crime.

It is scary. I know schizo. and his other issues alone do not make him a threat to society, however when they are combined it's a very scary thing. His thoughts his drawings obsession with death, and fire I discovered this website from google, looking up to see what SK's parents had to say about what their children were like when they were younger and it was like reading my own child's biography. We're a normal middle class family, he's a former foster child, that we adopted I guess his past is too much for him... Anyway I remembered this site when this case came to light and here I am.

Watching JVM. This is so horrible. There are no words, only that, IMO, the world is ending. :cry::cry::cry:

The one thing I want to know when all is said and done: how did they know for a fact that she was in his house? Yes, I have posted this question repeatedly - but it was said at the presser two days ago (?) that they knew FOR A FACT that she was there. They hoped the others may be there, too, but they KNEW she was there. A Wal-Mart receipt doesn't tell you that.
I keep wondering the same thing and all I can come up with is maybe.....Sarah had her phone with her in her pocket or somewhere he couldn't see it, and he didn't think about checking her closely for a phone.

The phone may have been in the "silent" mode since she was just coming from school or she may have grabbed it right when she got home before he got to her. LE may have been able to pick up on the pings from her phone and were able to narrow down the area.

They were probably already talking about, and looking closely at, MH that had been questioned in the area where the truck was found and realized the pings were coming from his area. They apparently weren't picking up any signals from any of the other victims' phones so that's why they were thinking it might only be Sarah in the house.

Long shot theory I know but it's the best I can come up with right now. I'm still trying to figure out how he got to their house and then maneuvered the vehicles around by himself.

NEW THREAD coming shortly.

Please change the thread title as someone suggested a couple pages back. Thanks Cubs for all you do!

from crocus:
Is it possible for a mod to at least change the titles of these threads with their last names instead of 2 women 2 children?

Maynard -Hermann-Sprang

Just seems like it would be more respectful.

These poor families how do you survive something like this and have a normal life when you have been touched by such evil.I realize there has always been evil people who do horrible things, but lately it seems to be a daily occurrence.Bad enough to kill the 2 adult woman but to kill the 10 yr old is beyond horrible.I hope they did not take off the dead penalty, he deserves to die for what he has done.I am Praying for the families.

The local vigil that is now a memorial is ongoing right now; in case anyone wants to post on the FB pages or light a candle or have a moment of silence. It's from 7:30-10:30 pm EST tonite, 11/18/10.

Tina Herrman and Kody Maynard
Stephanie Sprang

RIP Tina, Kody and Stephanie. And probably Tanner. :(

I hope what I read isn't true. A retired cop (supposedly) posted that you don't get 3 bodies handed to you without taking the death penalty off the table. He said that it's all they had to make a deal with probably. Is this likely true. :furious:

Even if he gets the death penalty, it's likely that most of us will never see it carried out in our lifetime. I was looking at this chart the other day, and in the past 34 years there have only been 41 executions in the State of Ohio There are currently 166 inmates on death row. Sixteen states do not even have the dealth penalty. (Too bad you can't send him to Texas!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

But you can rest assured that if convicted, he will never again be a free man.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member