2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New female face at defense table. I'm told Sims assistant. #CayleeAnthony
by bobkealing via twitter at 8:14 AM

JB - Dr. Timothy Huntington - cheat sheet for court reporter - Asst. Prof. of Biology @ Concordia U, Forensic Entomologist consultant - extra explaination of entomology evidence...Bach and Masters and PhD Entomology @ University of Nebraska Lincoln. Focus on entomology - forensics use of insects as evidence - board cert. trained, diplomate of Amer. Board of Forensic Entomology....currently 15 members - written publications and peer reviewed literature and non-peer reviewed popular papers as well...first study in undergrad. - entire Grad school - decomp entomology....most case work from LE, he is a Dep. Sheriff...honors forensic ent - there are none....has received awards for teaching and research....for LE ...(object-overrule) LE 65 times testified - death investigations majority homicide - normally @ scenes? whenever possible like to go scene - better if he can go bcause he knows what he is looking for and see in context - most time in Nebraska, Iowa, he collects his own - otherwise it is sent to him....he teaches classes, forensic science .....professional organization - diplomate highest level membership - qualificatations higher level education and more publications....he joined as member 2nd person to join as a member - submit publications- take exam 12 hours, lab exam and case study exam.....sidebar

I hope Jeff Ashton can put this guy in his place.

DR. Huntington seems very accomplished!! I am sure that JB is only going to try to get answers that he thinks are good for ICA.. As soon as JA gets up he will reiterate the true facts of this case....JMO

Comment on Wftv: our first sidebar certainly won't be the last

they're also saying this is a good witness, did well in his deposition (from the defense POV)

I think what Baez will do here is try and have this witness say that the particular bugs found in the trunk and trash were attracted by the trash.

I don't doubt that he is diabetic......BUT......IMO if things are starting to go off course or the cross examination gets to hot.......POOF...time for a break!

Orlando Sentinel tweeting that she's all smiles...can't copy it cuz it's on my phone. Blocked at work. I have thwarted our streaming media block with the wesh youtube and the twitter block with my phone. Hahaha

She was.
She also had different handlers with her.

Jury seems attentive, interested. Juror 15 looks particularly engaged with this witness. #CaseyAnthony

by stevehelling via twitter at 8:14 AM

Talk about bolstering! Enough already!

I wonder if he's a good Christian boy as Concordia in Nebraska is a Christian university. Either way, I hope he is 100% truthful.

Oh give me a break. Diabetics check their glucose before meals and at bedtime. More shenanigans!

Yep! This was JB's way of letting us know he'll have well timed requests for breaks just like he did prior to lunch yesterday. Who does he think he is fooling?

stevehelling‎
Jury seems attentive, interested. Juror 15 looks particularly engaged with this witness.
#CaseyAnthony
Twitter - 1 minute ago
‎
bobkealing
New female face at defense table. I'm told Sims assistant.
#CayleeAnthony
Twitter - 1 minute ago

9:04

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DR. TIM HUNTINGTON BY JB:

He has a cheat sheet for the court reporter.

He is assistant professor of biology at Concordia University and a forensic entomology consultant since 2002.

BS in scient in biology, MS and PhD in entomology from University of Nebraska - Lincoln.

Training - His entire focus has been forensic entomology - insect evidence.

Certified diplomate of the American Board of Entomology - the only certifying agency in the world for forensic entomology. There are 15 members in the U.S.

He has several publications and book chapters, as well as non-peer reviewed papers.

He has conducted several studies. Entire graduate career focusing on forensic entomology.

Consults with LE and works as a deputy sheriff.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED - disregard last statement

Received awards from U of Neb and ABE.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Consulted for law enforcement 65 times. Likes to go to the scene when possible. Other than that, it gets sent to him.

He has done a number of invited presentations to a number of different agencies, has traveled outside country, teaches a class at U of Neb as an adjunct professor and teaches at Concordia.

Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic entomology - highest level. Qualifications - submit case studies, level of education and publications. At the time he joined, he was the second member to join. There is a 12 hour exam.

OBJECTION by JA

SIDEBAR #1 (9:15)

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony New female face at defense table. I'm told Sims assistant. #CayleeAnthony

And there you have it folks we are at our first sidebar. JA request.

JB really likes witnesses that have joined clubs and or have memberships to clubs. He makes that a point with most of his witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get