UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the plot thickens! It does seem to be a case of young girl in adoration of (slightly) older guy, her head over heels (flying straight back from the US) him still being a player on the dating sites etc I remember those times well being messed about by player guys! However it would be interesting to know if N did know about her as the would suggest the relationship was more serious, we've already established his colleagues did but they could have met her on nights out with him. If N did know I'm surprised they didn't push this more in the media to silence the gay hook up gone bad rumours and portray him as a loving boyfriend in a stable relationship with no reason to go AWOL or hook up! In terms of the pregnancy in young petite girls it's often not until 18+ weeks they start showing, and I'd agree that scan picture looks the five month anatomy check making her due early may in my opinion

If you say for example she's currently 21 weeks it puts her about 5 weeks the week before he disappeared, which is about the time you'd test if you had a late period

If she is past 20 weeks and she found out two weeks after he disappeared she would have been 9+ weeks. What are the chances he knew?

I think she's being a little vague on dates in the interview and I don't blame her but it could be that she hadn't tested at 9 weeks although that surprises me slightly. Maybe she knew but hadn't told Corrie.

Isn't the purpose of the 20 week scan to check for various abnormalities - Down's, other trisonomies etc?

Yes, it's a sacn to check the baby's development, people use it as a time to find out the sex if they want to because for a healthy pregnancy it's usually the last scan you have

Even if she is not past 20 weeks, she could have at the very least, confided to him that she was late. If he just found out for sure could explain all the phone calls to his brother. Speculation though. Time will tell re dates and I do hope everything goes well with her pregnancy. Poor Nicola, so much to deal with. Joy and despair. MOO
Could be the actual reason he decided to go out and celebrate even though skint. JMO

I think there is something underlying in a few of these comments that seem to be inferring Corrie has perhaps not behaved well with this young woman. Can't we leave out misandrist/chivalrous comments and just go on what we know? We've all had bad experiences with men and women in the past, but I've no time for "let's assume the worst, it's a man!" misandry.

I always remember as a child that it might be worth going missing just to get the puppy that was always mentioned on the press conferences....

I feel a bit led up the garden path with this case. I began to lose interest last night after I saw a video that changed things (I know I can't discuss). It's all a bit annoying, but I think I will have to keep following it now!

It just amazes me how quickly we have gone from "No, he is happily single "http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/does-corrie-have-a-girlfriend/

on the 5/1/2017

To his girlfriend who he had discussed starting a family with, being pregnant 4 days later.

It makes me think that something has happened between these times, perhaps her scan was in the past 4 days and has only just told Nicola, and asked her to come with her to prove she was telling the truth?

I'm wondering if Corrie knew but Nicola didn't until very recently.

I believe she did and it was hushed up by Nicola

There's hushing up and there's posting on your official website "he was happiy single". Bit of a kick in the teeth IMO. They could have just avoided putting that in the FAQs.

I think Nicola either didn't know or was told it was a casual arrangement and for all we know it maybe, we are hearing one side of the story

I think they decided to keep it quiet from the outset as the stress on the girl may have given her a misscarriage. They probably thought its best to keep it all quiet, say he was single until the girl had the scans and everything was ok. Dont blame them for doing this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG I cant believe it and I'm shocked going from hes a happy single guy to a girlfriend and expecting :gaah:

There's hushing up and there's posting on your official website "he was happiy single". Bit of a kick in the teeth IMO. They could have just avoided putting that in the FAQs.

I think Nicola either didn't know or was told it was a casual arrangement and for all we know it maybe, we are hearing one side of the story
I agree Suzy. She could also have been trying to protect her from intrusion. And yes why use the word happily, could have said single.

I think they decided to keep it quiet from the outset as the stress on the girl may have given her a misscarriage. They probably thought its best to keep it all quiet, say he was single until the girl had the scans and everything was ok. Dont blame them for doing this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Unfortunately some people are using this situation to "prove" their own theories.

The pictures put out were grabbed from facebook by journalists, they weren't "official" pictures. If a journalist was trying to find a picture of me they'd have a very hard time as my account is private and I don't let anyone tag me publicly.
Would a journalist have a reason for wanting your pic?

But they've also been saying he was very happy and had no reason to go AWOL. I dunno. I agree that it wouldn't be fair on the girl to broadcast this detail, but I feel that they've gone too far the other way.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I hope the girl's all right. Poor thing :-(

I am not going to try use this to prove what I think happened as ive always thought in the area or walked home had an accident but this news could be for a reason .......... Just throwing it out there so please don't have tell me off :blushing: if the family started to think he was AWOL would they think this news would help would this news pinch at a person who knows something to come forward ??

Well, what a shock! 😱 I personally don't think this news has been released for any other reason than she will soon be starting to show and so they wanted to be the first ones out with the news. As much as I'd love to believe Corrie is AWOL I just don't see it. I do wonder if he will ever be found, but I'm inclined to think he was taken so far by the bin lorry and got out and was injured from there; or that a third party is involved. I wonder if the bin lorry man has access to an incinerator as that has also gone through my mind. Innocent until proven guilty though, as UT says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle