Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, just listening to this video. A lot was piling up against JP. I still think he knew he would do this when he got cornered, I also believe he was just selfish and did not want Susan nor the children with anyone else. Don't love them, but can't let anyone else have them mentality. Amongst other things. At about 3:16 in the video it is said the police were planning to arrest JP this summer. His lawyer would have known this and told him about it.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured...NG-5-News-Sunday-11pm-coverage-138776594.html

Thanks 21merc7! That is the best video I have seen so far....lot's of details! I may watch again and takes notes.

....as soon as I am done crying....

Hugs, wm

Hmm, just listening to this video. A lot was piling up against JP. I still think he knew he would do this when he got cornered, I also believe he was just selfish and did not want Susan nor the children with anyone else. Don't love them, but can't let anyone else have them mentality. Amongst other things. At about 3:16 in the video it is said the police were planning to arrest JP this summer. His lawyer would have known this and told him about it.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured...NG-5-News-Sunday-11pm-coverage-138776594.html
<BBM>

Wonder why LE was waiting for summer????

If they had enough on him they should have arrested him now and those 2 darling boys could have been spared.

Chuck and Judy Cox said the boys were reluctant to go on the visit Sunday. They had been playing with a young cousin and both cried about leaving.

But Judy Cox said she and her husband were always able to talk the boys into going by saying, "&#8216;Your dad loves you, [he] really wants to see you&#8217; ... which really hurts, because look what happened."

Chuck Cox called the murders "cowardly and senseless... It&#8217;s senseless to slaughter two innocent children. ... Clearly he had no interest in his children if he was willing to kill them."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53454834-78/powell-josh-cox-monday.html.csp#.TzA3Tn0MDok.twitter

ETA This article also has links to a lot of photos, including pics of the boys' room :( .. shown on the left side of the screen.

<BBM>

If they had enough on him they should have arrested him now and those 2 darling boys could have been spared.

IDK. I wonder if they found something else in the searches that we know nothing about and were waiting for lab tests, or if it was computer evidence of *advertiser censored*, locations, I just don't know.

<BBM>

I've seen people mention on another thread that they thought Susan's body wouldn't be found until the spring thaw. Maybe they felt like they needed to find her before they could prosecute him...it would be very hard to prosecute a case based on the word of such young children.

Prosecutor: Murder-suicide was Josh Powell's confession

"I don't know what goes on in the mind of somebody as sick and evil as Josh Powell, but I do think it's fair to call that a confession to the murder of Susan Powell," said Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist. "I think it's pretty safe to infer from this suicide-homicide that Mr. Powell had something he was trying to hide and something he wasn't wanting to face."

Quoted from http://mynorthwest.com/11/623012/Prosecutor-Murdersuicide-was-Josh-Powells-confession

Evil DOES exist!! It exists in every damn case where someone is taken away from their families for whatever purpose. I'm just hoping that the Cox's health doesn't deteriorate now after this. Please Lord watch over them and keep them healthy.

It is shocking that the visit was allowed to happen at this guys home. I would think and hope there will be some change as to where supervised visits are held.

It amazes me how evil a human being can become.

In the other thread it was mentioned about the cox's suing the state (and I hope they do). But not for monetary gain so to speak, but to sue for rights of all children who are involved in domestics. That children NOT be allowed to visit a parent who may pose a threat to their well being. And this includes anyone who is considered a person of interest in a homicide case.

I think the cox's can be the best advocates for this type of law (just like Sharon Rocha was in advocating for 'Laci and Conner's Law').

IMHO - this should be a law that is taken to the federal level, and not just the State. If you're a POI or involved in domestic or sexual abuse cases - forget about seeing your children at home. Maybe you can get the luxury of having a visit via face time or skype - but that's it. There should be no physical contact!

I'm sure it's just a pipe dream, but I can pray can't I. Pray for all the little ones how are currently in harms way with no one to protect them. For all the kids who are shuffled off to visit abusive parents....

MOO

Mel

I'm afraid that I don't think there's a court on the planet that could have protected these children from their father. Either he needed them dead because they were going to implicate him in their mothers disappearance, or he knew he was going to lose custody permanently after the psycho-sexual testing and had no intention of allowing that. Anyone prepared to self-immolate is about as cold and determined as they come.

If it hadn't happened during the supervised visit, it would have happened somewhere else. He would have torched the grandparents house, or crashed into their car or God alone knows what else. If he'd acted in a public place, the outcome could have been far worse than it was.

I understand everyone's frustration with the system, but I genuinely think that the outcome would have been the same regardless of his custody status.

According to the article below, Mr and Mrs Cox don't blame the state for the way the custody issues were handled. Her parents seem like amazing people. I have so much respect for their dignity. More than I can say, in fact.

All my opinion only, of course.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/622980/Powell-boys-just-starting-to-recall-night-mom-vanished

If he was arrested regarding to his wife's case then clearly the children would have been protected-not much he can do behind bars.
Unfortunately police apparently couldn't make a case.

I'm interested in finding out what that picture they talked about at the hearing was.

Me too! Somehow there is no doubt it is Josh's picture and his lawyer said it was in bad taste and the court felt it was enough to keep his kids from him for another 6 months.

If he was arrested regarding to his wife's case then clearly the children would have been protected-not much he can do behind bars.

Absolutely, I agree completely and I did mean to mention that his arrest was the only thing that could have protected them. Sadly, LE obviously didn't have the means to do that.

My God, this is just so unbelievable, yet his actions just kind of fall into place. I'm still so shocked but not surprised. I believe, as some of you have posted, that he would have found a way to permanently silence his children no matter what. Nothing could have stopped him...he was getting more and more backed into a corner and took the coward's way out. It wouldn't have been enough for him to just commit suicide, in his crazy mind he took his children with him to prevent them from speaking about their Mom and to hurt the Cox family. So twisted.

I refuse to believe that he won any battle. I think his actions let everyone know he was guilty of murdering poor Susan. He was obviously capable. In the end, though, he did not win. He is not with his wife or his children. The boys are finally with their Mom, he is burning somewhere all alone, and now the world knows what a twisted, cowardly, guilty person he was.

O/T we all know that JP loved his computer .........even in a fire, can LE get info from the hard drive? I hope JP left lots of evidence! so LE can find Susan.
Maybe he tried suicide confession and it is still in there........just a thought.

Did the Cox family get therapy for the grandsons?
Where they ever checked for abuse from SP/JP?
I wonder now more than ever about what those babes went
through in their short lives.

O/T we all know that JP loved his computer .........even in a fire, can LE get info from the hard drive? I hope JP left lots of evidence! so LE can find Susan.
Maybe he tried suicide confession and it is still in there........just a thought.

I don't think a hard drive could survive a fire, and since the computer is part of the trouble, I would think he doused that thing in a gallon of gas. They can retrieve any and all emails sent via his ISP, but the hard drive we can only hope for. Watching the house burn, and so rapidly and fully, I'm not thinking so.

Also, keep in mind, he probably destroyed any older hard drives long ago.

Actually, I've been wondering the same thing. There just HAS to be a way that they can locate Susan, but I'll be damed if I can think of anyway, everyone who could have spoken up are now just GONE. This is awful.

I know, but there are so many "if only" scenarios, we can drive ourselves crazy about them.

I'm still so upset! What a weekend... My uncle passed away unexpectely (my favorite uncle) and then to hear about these Babies being blown up! I'm hope he is burning up in the flames of hell as we speak. That is the most selfish act to kill two children just because you can't have them yourself! It's beyond despicable!!

Thinking again SP is still alive, in jail.
If he knows he can pin Susan's death on JP,
maybe to save his own sorry ars, he may tell some
tale about where to find Susan for a plea deal of
some kind.
Or compose another sick song about her?

SEATTLE — State authorities can expect tough questions about whether more might have been done to protect a missing Utah woman's two children, who died along with their father after authorities say he ignited his home in an inferno Sunday.

Josh Powell was a person of interest in his wife's disappearance. Why was he allowed to meet with his sons at all? Why weren't more precautions taken, such as requiring that supervised visits be at a neutral site rather than at his home?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46283211/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TzAWZ8XOV2A

Good... I'm glad they will be expected to answer some tough questions. Like we have seen all too often, someone dropped the ball here with these 2 little ones and in the end it was the innocent and helpless who paid for it. I'm SICK of this happening time and time again in cases where parents murder their children. If the parents won't protect these kids, and the state won't protect them... THEN WHO WILL? :furious:

BBM: I agree ...

I was wondering : is this Judge elected -- or -- appointed ?

If elected, I predict he will lose next go round ... and If it is an appointed position, how long is the appointment ?

TIA !

Here's the thing: The creep (I will not say his name), was allowed to maintain custody for two years after he obviously murdered his wife. The ONLY reason custody was taken was because of his father's voyeurism/child *advertiser censored* collection, which was found during a search warrant. So, while the beast's status as a person of interest clearly played into the judge's decision to some degree, it was not the reason the kids were taken and so it was not the main factor in how visitation was awarded.

After my initial horror and anguish has morphed (over night) to a more reasonable, pit-in-the stomach anger and sadness, I can see how it all played out in the court system, a bit more clearly. I think the judge actually did feel he was a threat and was issuing some of the strongest court orders, trying to limit his ability to regain custody, that I have seen, when his constitutionally presumed innocence is taken into consideration.

I had not been on websleuths for a few days and thus, I did not know this coward was ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual eval before a return of child custody to him was considered. A psycho-sexual evaluation is very intense. It is more intense than a regular psych eval. It is also very, very rare.

The fact that the judge ordered it actually speaks to her fears about the murderer, and that she was doing whatever she thought she could do, to prevent him from regaining custody or unsupervised visits.

In the end, I tend to agree with those who say this was not the judge's fault. In a real sense, her hands were tied to a large degree and any order she issued could be heavily scrutinized and overturned if she was not careful.

I think the system has a flaw. I think the rights of children are non-existent when compared with the rights of suspects, defendants, and parents in general. The "best interests" of the children laws are supposed to cover the rights of children but so often, they do not.

I think, for example, that there should be a presumption against child custody to a POI or suspect. Unless they are willing to undergo investigations and evaluations to prove child custody to them is not a risk, they should not have the kids. I think that can be done is such a way as to protect their right against self incrimination to some degree, but where it doesn't, the child's right to life and to safety and sanity should trump the POI's right against self-incrimination! We need to re-balance whose rights are more important in our country. As of now, children have few rights and theirs are clearly less important than those of criminals. That has to change. It has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes