Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?

Will the McCanns willingly go to Portugal, if requested?

• Yes - they will go

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • No - they will use their fancy lawyer to fight extradition

Votes: 48 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no need for rogatory letters to authorise further interviews with the Tapas 9. If they were concerned about Madeleine's fate, they would volunteer to assist the investigation in every way possible and return of their own free will. I think they will be dragged back, kicking and screaming. (Kate's fury!) If they use their extradition lawyer, then we will know, they have something to hide.

There should be no need for rogatory letters to authorise further interviews with the Tapas 9. If they were concerned about Madeleine's fate, they would volunteer to assist the investigation in every way possible and return of their own free will. I think they will be dragged back, kicking and screaming. (Kate's fury!) If they use their extradition lawyer, then we will know, they have something to hide.

the police had Kate for 11 hours of very tough questioning - there was reports that she was threatened with the loss of the twins - they would be taken away from her - ( the PJ were trying to probably scare a confession )

now with that in mind - and if we can stretch here that she didnt kill her daughter - please just imagine it - would they be scared that they would perhaps be stung - they had lost one child , they didnt want to loose 3 ??

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So true, so true! What parent of a missing child refuses to give the investigating agencies all the information and help they can possibly give? Heck, these guys won't even answer all the questions. I understand the need and/or want to have the English LE involved because of language barriers, but I will never understand the failure to answer the questions.

Salem

the police had Kate for 11 hours of very tough questioning - there was reports that she was threatened with the loss of the twins - they would be taken away from her - ( the PJ were trying to probably scare a confession )

now with that in mind - and if we can stretch here that she didnt kill her daughter - please just imagine it - would they be scared that they would perhaps be stung - they had lost one child , they didnt want to loose 3 ??

Point is well-taken. However, they are on English soil now. Given the problems with the language, etc. why do they not just invite the PJ to England to finish the questioning? Why all the rigamarole with the letters and breauacracy (sp?)? Surely, if you wanted to sincerely help and you had a lawyer that is rumored to be as good as the one the McCanns hired, you could get around all that? And don't forget, Gerry has an "in" with the Prime Minister. In my mind, they could find a way to skip the "paperwork" and get down to the business of finding Maddie. While the McCanns (and the Tapas 7) talk alot about "cooperation to the fullest extent," there is no action.

As always, actions speak lounder than words and the McCanns' failure to act is screaming volumes.

Salem

Remember your words. Grain of salt, honey...Grain of salt. The report you refer to is forum generated.

They may have been interrogated last time - but with their legal team they should have no fears this time. Go back please ....

Remember your words. Grain of salt, honey...Grain of salt. The report you refer to is forum generated.

it might have been discussed in the forum - but also verified in sky documentary , panorama and various other reports that I trust more than the daily mail . I also saw with my own eyes her going to be interviewed by the poilce - whilst we dont know exactly what they asked her in 11 hours of questioning I doubt they were comparing holiday snaps

but thanks IW for reminding me twice now about the dangers of believing everything we read . I will certainly bear that in mind at all times when looking at this case . I am glad that you have taken this view on on with some gusto - maybe you should remind some of the other posters as well ? .

Well, Well, now it's you who is peddling rumour and unsubstantiated speculation.

However, it was claimed that Amaral wanted them arrested, there and then, but Milliband intervened because it would cause a diplomatic incident! So, they were allowed to fly straight home in the VIP lounge of Easyjet. These McCann's certainly have some politically influential friends...

t
- they had lost one child , they didnt want to loose 3 ??

This is exactly the reasoning I keep coming back to when I think "is it really possible the McCanns could cover up the death of their child."

If Madeleine died accidentally, which is not an illogical assumption considering she was left alone, then the McCanns would be faced with the possibility of losing their remaining two children.

If it's enough to keep them from returning to Portugal to answer questions about the night their oldest child disappeared and you assume they are innocent, then a fear that great (and understandable) could also keep them from admitting to the authorities of a foreign country that an accident had taken their oldest child's life.

Maybe we should do a Part II? Or just hang on to our hats and wait to see who voted correctly on this one.......

Salem

New anguish for Gerry and Kate McCann over police tactic
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3708821.ece

“Kate is upset,” a friend of the McCanns said. “There’s been no sense of concern for her feelings or the anguish it will cause her. On an emotional level she is not sure she can go through with it. The family will consider it. If it’s felt that there’s a chance of it helping to find Madeleine then, of course, they will do it. But given it is a year on, you have to wonder about the value of it.”

Critics will see the reconstruction as a sign that investigators have no idea what happened to Madeleine, who disappeared days before her fourth birthday. Experts from Scotland Yard and Leicestershire Constabulary had advised Portuguese police to hold a reconstruction within weeks of Madeleine’s disappearance.
Mark Williams-Thomas, a former detective and now a child protection expert, said: “There is a point of doing a reconstruction a week after an event but what do they expect to get a year on?”
If they decide it will help in the search for Madeleine then yes they will go back.
But after all this time the tactics of the Portuguese gets ever more bizarre!! IMO

If it was my child and I was innocent in her disappearance, I'd be happy for any activity at any time. One year, ten years - whatever it took.

This isn't asking someone to reconstruct the day their purse was stolen. A child's life is involved...so whatever it takes, whenever.

If it was my child and I was innocent in her disappearance, I'd be happy for any activity at any time. One year, ten years - whatever it took.

This isn't asking someone to reconstruct the day their purse was stolen. A child's life is involved...so whatever it takes, whenever.

All I can say Teacherbees is: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :blowkiss: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Salem

Thank you, Salem.

I honestly find myself disgusted by Kate's response over her "anguish". HER ANGUISH??????????

Criminy, what about her four year old daughter who might be out there somewhere, being raped every day?????????

I try, I really do. But sometimes the McCanns make me sick, literally.

I know how you feel. Remember, it was not really so long ago when she told us she could not bear the thought of leaving Portugal, because that is where she felt closest to Maddie.....

A direct contradiction now to say it would cause her such great anguish. I get so frustrated with these two........

Salem

I don't think anyone would be "happy" in this situation. :waitasec:
Being upset and anguished about taking part would be very understandable...for any parent either innocent or guilty. IMO
The McCanns have also said they will consider taking part in a reconstruction if it is done in a way that will help in the search for Madeleine.

April: If they are too scared to participate in the reenactment, they will just seem more guilty than ever. If they are innocent, what do they have to fear?

If they are innocent, they need to just step up and cooperate with the police. Stonewalling at this point is not wise and will just raise red flags.

Here's an example - if someone lied about that night, then they couldn't really "recreate" what they did without admitting guilt. So they have to act out something they really did not do to hide the truth. And that gets complicated, especially when the stakes are so high and you might be arrested. So all that would make someone not want to participate.

So if they have nothing to hide, they should go through with this, even if it is irritating, awkward, and sad for them. At least it is something they can do - go back to the scene of the crime and try to get closer to what happened.

April: If they are too scared to participate in the reenactment, they will just seem more guilty than ever. If they are innocent, what do they have to fear?

If they are innocent, they need to just step up and cooperate with the police. Stonewalling at this point is not wise and will just raise red flags.

Here's an example - if someone lied about that night, then they couldn't really "recreate" what they did without admitting guilt. So they have to act out something they really did not do to hide the truth. And that gets complicated, especially when the stakes are so high and you might be arrested. So all that would make someone not want to participate.

So if they have nothing to hide, they should go through with this, even if it is irritating, awkward, and sad for them. At least it is something they can do - go back to the scene of the crime and try to get closer to what happened.
ThoughtFox I don't believe "fear" was mentioned...Though we obviously disagree that they "seem" guilty, they are being condemned for being "upset and anguished" at the thought of the ordeal of taking part in the re-enactment of their childs kidnapping.
Very natural feelings for any parents I would think....guilty or not.

Hopefully we will get some of the many questions that have been asked answered if the McCanns go back to Portugal, I wonder for what reason this re enactment has been called for, maybe after going through all evidence, statements etc they have all the information required to finally find out what really happened, the return to Portugal of the McCanns and the re enactment sounds that we maybe very close to solving the whereabouts of Madelaine......I pray so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa