2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice Baez's paralegal give the female sheriff a envelope/letter early on in the hearing and she put it in her pocket of her uniform? I noticed, seen it clear as day! I wonder where the letter/note came from and why would the paralegal give it to the female officer that takes Casey back?

Originally posted by Mommaearth...
Where are the pictures from Ikea? I am wondering if the scantaly clad pics she is speaking of are the "bad photos" the ones that George was shown and was upset over. Not the party photos.

I know. I don't think I've seen those.

I wish the prosecution would just hand over all dicoverables for crying out loud. Spare us all the tedium. It's a shame the defense are supposed to have to figure out what the state has and ask for it specifically in order to receive discovery. Isn't there a legal presumption that the state will provide all discovery and that all the experts, labs, etc will provide all discovery without a motion being made for every tiny piece by tiny piece? I guess not.

I don't think we've seen the Ikea ones yet but it will be interesting to see them, her and WW shopping and eating Swedish meatballs I guess. That makes me hungry again! I love Ikea!

That would be something that should obviously be brought to the courts attention...seems quite stupid of the 2 to have this sort of exchange right in the court room. But then again, following the rules does not apply when it comes to KC.

Did anyone else notice Baez's paralegal give the female sheriff a envelope/letter early on in the hearing and she put it in her pocket of her uniform? I noticed, seen it clear as day! I wonder where the letter/note came from and why would the paralegal give it to the female officer that takes Casey back?

I wish the prosecution would just hand over all dicoverables for crying out loud. Spare us all the tedium. It's a shame the defense are supposed to have to figure out what the state has and ask for it specifically in order to receive discovery. Isn't there a legal presumption that the state will provide all discovery and that all their witnesses will provide all discovery that they have without a motion being made for every tiny piece by tiny piece? I guess not.
What are you talking about?

I heard something about a gag order can someone clear this up please is there one or is the state going to file a motion for one? Thank you for all you do.

I thought the TES documents were going to be discussed. Did I miss that somehow? Or was it not one of the motions JB listed?

TRIAL WILL BE ORANGE COUNTY - JURORS OTHER COUNTY.

i am not going to be able to see the hearing on tv or computer tues hearing. i am freaking out as i know i will be missing the best one. i will be in atlanta on layover for three hours. do you think i can ask them to change tv channel in the airport to insession-lol? were i am going they have no computer eitherand i have no laptop- should i treat myself nice and go buy one today-lmao. can i set up dvr for tommorow ?will try !! you all take good notes for me please!!will read next week- cant wait!!

But seriously about the discovery, how is the defense supposed to know what in the experts' documents and notes is discovery/relevant without being able to see it? How can they be any more specific, isn't asking for all the states' experts' discovery and benchnotes fair enough? Just provide it, why not?

said west palm is ideal jury pool . hotel for 4 months. i asked if rich jurors are only ones who can afford to miis work for this long. do jurors only get few dollars per day? how can theuy let jurors lose pay and get berhind on fifnances . most need wekly paychecks to pay bills. how does this work ? palm beach is rich areas

But seriously about the discovery, how is the defense supposed to know what in the experts' documents and notes is discovery/relevant without being able to see it? How can they be any more specific, isn't asking for all the states' experts' discovery and benchnotes fair enough? Just provide it, why not?
Again, what are you talking about? Did you watch the hearing? I watched it, but I confess I may have missed what you heard, so please enlighten me.

Got the feeling CA's whisper into BC's ear when she greeted him with a hug at the end of the hearing included, 'hey hang out here and try to get your bionic ear on what the defense/state lawyer huddle conversation is about'...you know so she can get working on dispelling whatever is next. Afterall, he had already wheeled himself around to exit the court room and then did a 360 after their exchange.

I don't think we've seen the Ikea ones yet but it will be interesting to see them, her and WW shopping and eating Swedish meatballs I guess. That makes me hungry again! I love Ikea!

I am assuming these are actual photos and not Ikea surveillance photos?? I wonder when they were taken - she hadn't know WW all that long, if I remember correctly. Could these have been during the time Caylee was missing as well? Off to research that further...

I loved how George and Cindy stood at the door, as if they were in the Reception Line at their daughter's wedding.

Yeah...I noticed Cindy had to do her "rubbins" on Conway! Wonder if she is itching to get some "rubbins" on Judge Perry. :waitasec:

The defense wants MORE than is discoverable so that LKB can poke holes in procedures and standards. However........as Judge Perry quoted...there are some things that are NOT required to be given (as in informal notes). They just keep asking so they can later say they were denied. Come on........we ALL know that.

When discussing the party photos, Inmate Anthony got angry when LDB mentioned her allegedly doing her own investigation..

I don't understand why she didn't come straight out and say, state of mind. Inmate Anthony was partying while her daugher was allegedly abducted and out of her custody, shows no concern..IMO

I will wager a guess that when this trial gets underway, we will see an outburst from Inmate Anthony for she will not be able to contain herself. She has rationalized in her mind the why's of her party going and want so much to have the state say, she had no concern..

Change of venue granted at appropriate time and generate an order prior to trial date..he will keep this secret..I want them under this gag order so bad so Baez doesn't get face time...if he was so concerned he should have gone with the gag order from the start..Baez wants so bad for the COV to be in South Florida...:angel:

I forgot about this hearing and missed almost the WHOLE thing! Dang it!!!! Does anyone know if it's up anywhere yet?

Anyway, if what you saw is on tape, you need to forward that with an email to the prosecutors office or the Judge's attention....I AM SO SERIOUS!

Great catch btw MADJGNLAW.

moo

The defense wants MORE than is discoverable so that LKB can poke holes in procedures and standards. However........as Judge Perry quoted...there are some things that are NOT required to be given (as in informal notes). They just keep asking so they can later say they were denied. Come on........we ALL know that.
Thanks, Sleutherontheside, that's what I understood, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu