Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...well if it's not an inmate, then somebody close to Drew obviously wasn't sleeping well at night - got a case of the guilts.

Okay, I'm really cleaning now. Speed cleaning!

LOL cherry! I wish hubby would get away from the TV! I have a ton of fish tanks to clean and would like to have the TV on so I could see what is going on while I do the tanks!

I'm wondering too, if it wasn't necessarily an inmate, but the accomplice that got the case of the guilts!

If there is any chance at all that the current weather conditions may mess up any forensic evidence that could be on scene, then I vote that they wait for the weather to clear....It has been to long to let him get off on a technicallity....Or I guess I should say for any and all evidence that will point to him being harmed.

Very true. Didn't think about that.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...-lead-downstate-regarding-stacy-peterson.html

this part is down in the article:

Ingersoll said about 12:05 p.m. that she has not been notified that any human remains have been found.

State police Master Sgt. Tom Burek says several law enforcement agencies, including some from the Chicago area, are searching rural land "thick with timber" near Peoria on foot.

Burek says rains have reduced the land to a "muddy mess," and vehicles haven't been able to get to the entire search area.

He wouldn't say when the search began or how large the search area is. He also wouldn't confirm where the lead came from or how credible police thought it might be.

When I looked up Peoria on weather.com it says fair. LIke the rain has not gotten there yet.
Is there another town I should be looking at?

If the earlier reports were correct that the dogs went to the exact area the guy showed to LE and they put prongs in the ground and hit something solid (like a barrell???) then this should not take long IMO.
It's just a matter of digging at that exact spot.

I hope they can do what they need to before the weather stops them.

Kimberlyd125, I hope the State police will turn the dogs loose and watch them run all over that hunting area.
Who knows, what the dogs could find.

Maybe the land was used for years for things other than hunting.

Lets keep our fingers crossed they find Stacy and possibly her Mother, there, also.
WAs this land leased to Peterson?
Someone owned the hunting land, the owners had to know if someone/hunters was digging on it.
Could the land owner have owned a backhoe or a tractor with a front-end scoop?

When I looked up Peoria on weather.com it says fair. LIke the rain has not gotten there yet.

It has cleared up in the last hour or so. When I looked on weather underground it was raining hard and there was a long line of storms.

No Peoria would be the town to be looking at - Kickapoo (which is the latest town mentioned) is 13 minutes outside of Peoria.

As of 12:05 per the story I linked above State Police are stating that the rains have left the area a mess and vehicles cannot get to the site, so it's all being done on foot....I am wondering if that means all the digging right now is also being done by hand?

With other media outlets reporting this news, and confirmation that LE is searching a site northeast of Peoria, I'm very hopeful that this is it - that Stacy's remains will be found.

I was bothered by the jail house informant because it's been reported that DP doesn't have contact with other inmates. But it makes sense if that part of the report is in error, and the source is someone outside the jail, whose feeling guilty with their knowledge of what happened.

I'm praying this turns out to be Stacy's remains and the major break in the case that we've all waited for.

Considering that Casey Anthony is/was able to communicate with other inmates through vents and by notes it doesn't seem strange to me that DP could have possibly talked to someone.

I just pray that they find her :(

It would be interesting if this week provides big breaks on two "cold" cases -- Natalee Holloway and Stacy Peterson. Lots of parallels -- neither woman found, suspect an arrogant sociopath, suspect has connections to LE/Court system, etc.

I wonder if the JVDS arrest made the accomplice in this case come forward with information -- just sayin'. :waitasec:

I'm hoping for justice for Stacy and Natalee -- regardless..

Skymom

Wow. If this is her body, and with Joran in Peru, all we need is Casey Anthony confessing and we'll have an unholy trio of cases finally heading to closure. These things do come in threes, right?

On a serious note, I do hope they find her. This is another case that has been nagging at me for a long time...

I hope Stacy's family can finally get "closure"... if there is such a thing.

P.S Just thought I'd add that Casey Anthony is in PC and we know she had communications via the bean hole and vents.

ETA: I type too slow. Insomnia Momma beat me to it!

They all need to be solved. JMO
I can't pick any one over the other.

Considering that Casey Anthony is/was able to communicate with other inmates through vents and by notes it doesn't seem strange to me that DP could have possibly talked to someone.

I just pray that they find her :(

Especially through a trustee or trusty. [One of the inmates who has earned the privilege of doing menial jobs around the facility. I am unsure what the spelling is.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48