IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Just as JW doesn't show up on the timeline at all. But CR (to the extent not imparied), MB, DR and HT all have info re LS's location at various times that evening, and none of it appears on the timeline.

and all of it verified by video as far as I recall, so this, the 4:30 point, this cannot be verified or dismissed. Why do they include it if they have proven it is not true? Because they haven't and cannot. I'm just saying that pointing out this ambiguity does not make me feel that they are convinced that he is guilty of a crime or not, but does make me feel like they would very much like for something to clear up this particularly unfortunate ambiguity.

I missed the press conference this morning, but read Mrs. Spierer's quote in Blazelet's linked article.

I don't understand exactly what she's saying - all the friends were already interviewed. If they didn't have additional information to give, they wouldn't call LE. The one friend apparently came across some kind of additional information that he/she felt was relevant, so they called LE.

Am I missing something?

I think she does not believe the story that LS left that place alone at 4.30 AM while drunk and that her friends would let her do that. I dont blame her. I dont believe that either, especially as there is no video of LS walking back alone at 4.30. The most likely explanation is that something happened to LS before she left that building and some people may be involved in a cover up. If that is the case, LE does not seem to have enough evidence to make an arrest yet, but this may change if someone talks. Of course alternative scenarios are possible but not very likely. JMO.

and all of it verified by video as far as I recall, so this, the 4:30 point, this cannot be verified or dismissed. Why do they include it if they have proven it is not true? Because they haven't and cannot. I'm just saying that pointing out this ambiguity does not make me feel that they are convinced that he is guilty of a crime or not, but does make me feel like they would very much like for something to clear up this particularly unfortunate ambiguity.

There is no video verification of anything after 2:51, including when LS reached CR/MB's, when she left, when she reached JR's, and anything in between. The only thing in that period LE have reported is when she was allegedly last seen.

I think that's what she's saying, too. But does she KNOW that, or is she just hoping they know more? I think chances are really high that they don't know anything relevant that they haven't told already. The tone of her quote, to me, sounds like she expected ALL of them to call LE again, stating that Lauren would if she were in their place.

I thought she was talking to everyone associated with LS, OTHER than the POIs (since they have given statements). Since she says that only 1 person has called LE, I think she means that everyone who is a part of this social circle should call, and provide any and all info - not that they know something directly related to whatever the crime here may have been, but info like someone else said, facts as to relationships, comings and goings, maybe drug use, etc.
People we could imagine like HT, AA, AR, DR, CM, ZO, etc etc who know LS and may have not volunteered a statement. If they haven't, and someone obviously has.

I think she does not believe the story that LS left that place alone at 4.30 AM while drunk and that her friends would let her do that. I dont blame her. I dont believe that either, especially as there is no video of LS walking back alone at 4.30. The most likely explanation is that something happened to LS before she left that building and some people may be involved in a cover up. If that is the case, LE does not seem to have enough evidence to make an arrest yet, but this may change if someone talks. Of course alternative scenarios are possible but not very likely. JMO.

It might be that specific, or it might be more general as to the character and habits of the POIs.

There is no video verification of anything after 2:51, including when LS reached CR/MB's, when she left, when she reached JR's, and anything in between. The only thing in that period LE have reported is when she was allegedly last seen.

yes, you are right. Maybe that's telling about what was verified on a LD test? the MB/CR part at 5 North that is missing? Would fill the gap from 2:51 until meeting up with JR potentially.

Tony, I think I have to draw the same conclusions as you for the most part, except that I don't think the b/f can be ruled out.
There are still 2 POI's in my opinion, because obviously there was something wrong between LS and JW -- that's motive.

I wonder if you are aware of some sleuthing work done by a poster in one of the early threads on this case:
They went to 5 North Apts. and posted pictures, told us that from JR's door YOU CANNOT SEE the corner at 11th and College, it's obscured by a hill apparently.

That could throw more water on JR's account.

Also, the phone call at 4:15 a.m., could either be to score more drugs before an OD occurred, or could be a "wth did you give us call?" after an accident.

But if JR was involved can we say for sure that it was an accident and not a homicide?
Isn't it possible that someone coked up, who has never been violent before, could all of a sudden do strange and violently aggressive things?

Finally, do you know if JR was forthcoming about his eyewitness account of LS of his own volition,
or did LE confront him first and then he told them he saw her leave?

My interpretation of Mrs. Spierer's statement is, I think she is disappointed the main group of 'associates' that evening have left town. She doesn't feel their sense of compassion or even slight responsibility however innocent each one may or may not be. All gone and continuing their lives back home with their parents all comfy and safe.
HER DAUGHTER IS MISSING!!!!! help PLEASE!!!! At least help look for her.

The latest news conference provided info that 'only a few' searchers remain. That's HEARTBREAKING.
PITIFUL.

These 'friends' reminds me of the group of people that young Brittanee Drexel was associating with when she 'disappeared.' At least her boyfriend who was in NY at the time, came down to Myrtle Beach and searched long and hard for her. Returned multiple times.
I'm not pointing the finger at Lauren's bf, just sayin......

Many
PRAYERS go out to Lauren's Mom and Father.
There are many who support you Mr&Mrs Spierer. Lauren will not be forgotten. The WS community is strong and stands with you.

ETA:As for her other pals, those not involved with the activities that fateful evening, although unfortunate at this time when the family could use a hand, many students leave town when the semester is over, their leases run out, dollars are short so they do go back home.

I think that's what she's saying, too. But does she KNOW that, or is she just hoping they know more? I think chances are really high that they don't know anything relevant that they haven't told already. The tone of her quote, to me, sounds like she expected ALL of them to call LE again, stating that Lauren would if she were in their place.

I think they all know something, anything, that might be relevant. Any information would get them one step closer even if it was understanding the relationships and college dynamic.

1. were LS and JW having problems? Lauren's close female friends would know that.
2. Was Lauren interested, romantically, in CR, MB, or JR? Again friends might know that.
3. Did Lauren often head to the bar by herself? HT, AR, JW would know that.
4. What time did Lauren normally head back from a night out? Roomies would know.
5. How common was it for LS to leave items behind places? JW and close friends would know.
6. Did LS use drugs or alcohol in excess on a regular basis? Roomies would know, JW would know, Friends would know.
7. What happened previously in that day? Was everything okay? Was Lauren happy, sad, angry? Rommies/anyone with contact with her during the day would know.

I think that is the kind of stuff that LE and the Spierer's could use to try and piece together part of Lauren's day prior to her disappearance and hash out who is who.

yes, you are right. Maybe that's telling about what was verified on a LD test? the MB/CR part at 5 North that is missing? Would fill the gap from 2:51 until meeting up with JR potentially.

If it's "telling," then it tells the reverse, in my mind. If they can't verify the 4:30 AM report (and I believe they've based this on more than just the absence of cam data), that would seem to be an indication that JR has not taken a LD test.

Moreover, I see no especially reasonable scenario in which CR/MB have not told the truth about something relevant, but JR's statement that he let LS turn the corner down the street, (long?) AFTER LS left CR/MB, is creditable.

My interpretation of Mrs. Spierer's statement is, I think she is disappointed the main group of 'associates' that evening have left town. She doesn't feel their sense of compassion or even slight responsibility however innocent each one may or may not be. All gone and continuing their lives back home with their parents all comfy and safe.
HER DAUGHTER IS MISSING!!!!! help PLEASE!!!! At least help look for her.

The latest news conference provided info that 'only a few' searchers remain. That's HEARTBREAKING.
PITIFUL.

These 'friends' reminds me of the group of people that young Brittanee Drexel was associating with when she 'disappeared.' At least her boyfriend who was in NY at the time, came down to Myrtle Beach and searched long and hard for her. Returned multiple times.

Many
PRAYERS go out to Lauren's Mom and Father.
There are many who support you Mr&Mrs Spierer. Lauren will not be forgotten. The WS community is strong and stands with you.

I told a story in an earlier thread #, how I was invited to an ex g/f's 21st birthday party at a club, and stopped by as an afterthought. I was not part of her main group of friends, although we still talked on occasion and were on good terms. Her friends all left her that night, and as I was leaving I found her abandoned, completely trashed, with no way of getting home. Now I'm not a partier or heavy drinker, I only had 1 or 1.5 drinks that night, so I drove her back to her place -- where she tried desperately to sleep with me until I put her off and put her in bed and left. Who knows what would have happened to her if I hadn't been there?

My point was, like other similar stories, I saw how this girl had been left/abandoned by her friends while she was essentially incapacitated, in a very vulnerable and dangerous situation. They did not care, they were not able to think rationally, either. People in this partying lifestyle only care about themselves, they all use each other for a good time. Beyond that, I'm sure they could care less other than how it "ruins their lives" as a couple of the witnesses have stated in public.

It doesn't surprise me at all that none of these people are forthcoming or helpful.
They are not the type of people that should ever be relied upon for anything.

Now, if one or two have been helping a lot, good for those people, that's commendable, maybe they were true friends to LS, but in general I wouldn't think too highly of the people surrounding this case and I wouldn't expect much help or cooperation from any of them.

When I looked at JWs behavior that's the first person I compared him to. If I remember correctly Brittanee's boyfriend's name was John and he was very involved in the searches, took time off of school, headed to MB multiple times, did interviews, gave every inch of information he had hoping it would lead them to Britt. While Britt remains unsolved John did everything you would expect a BF to do in the situation. JW took of a "few days" after LS disappeared stated one of the newspapers. I don't think LS and JW had the relationship everyone thought they did. I can't imagine just going home, without the person I love, no matter how "angry" I might be about the nights events. JW might have initially been annoyed that LS was with CR and JR, but that should have tapered off when he realized she was in REAL trouble here. In my mind there is no excuse for him up and leaving and not making any statement what so ever regarding LS

Moreover, I see no especially reasonable scenario in which CR/MB have not told the truth about something relevant, but JR's statement that he let LS turn the corner down the street, (long?) AFTER LS left CR/MB, is creditable.

Let me give you one scenario I've mulled over. Yes, the "watching her walk down the street and turn onto College Ave" is highly improbable/incredible. There must be a reason he manufactured that story, but it doesn't mean that the reason is the obvious one we all think. What if it was "JW (or someone else that he is covering for) came here and got her." Whether dead or alive at that point. I have little or no doubt that the MB/CR story is somewhat true (though there may be aspects missing that we just don't know). I have no doubt that JR has refused to do a LD. I have no doubt he knows more than what we have heard. But, but, but, I do not think there is enough evidence to arrest or convict him. There are other scenarios still possible, and not highly improbable.

We do look for compassion, don't we? We do want to see emotion. We want to see her friends weep, to see JW cry. If we see it as sincere, all suspicion will be gone. Jesse weep.

I need some help locating a link.. And in posting via mobile it is not so easy to locate specific info.. Mainly because 3G is so much slower than wi-fi..
Within the past 24 hours I came across an article online that stated confirmation that JW had also complied with DNA sample.. If anyone happens to know the article or link would you please post it?.. Meanwhile I'll still be searching for it..

Tia!

So can we gather that all the POIs have left Bloomington now? Interesting.....
I've kept up with a few cases here and there, and let me say this...being labeled a POI changes the whole dynamic of an investigation. Now, this LE may simply mean that these are people they are interested in talking to, but the POIs or their parents may be interpreting it as something different. If I was labeled a POI in a missing person's case, I'd get to the best lawyer I could find, as fast as I could run. Once a POI has hired an attorney, I'm sure the advice would be in the best interest of his client...keep your mouth shut, don't volunteer any information, the cops are not your friends, get back home with your parents, etc...and if somebody is paying an attorney a lot of money, (or even a little money), he'd be a fool to not follow expert advice. It's sad to say, but once somebody has been labeld a POI, that person's focus, involuntarily becomes about protecting himself. He wouldn't know who had been saying what about him, (maybe lying), so it would be hard to trust anybody. Anyway, IMO, I don't blame any of the friends for being defensive or hiring lawyers. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993